This might save me some money. I went back through my bills and I only want above 200mb 1 time since I had the iphone.
    2010-06-03 02:42 AM
    Hey at least AT&T considers 1 Gigabyte (GB) = 1024 MB unlike some of the other bogus standards where 1 Gigabyte (GB) = 1000 MB.
    2010-06-03 02:59 AM
    Looked at mine and my wife's usage for the past 6 months. I am averaging close to 2GB per month. While my wife has never gone over 500MB. I use my phone for streaming music via Pandora and other similar apps, frequent Cydia checking/updating, and keeping track of 5 email accounts. Plus a little tethering during the summer when we travel with our trailer. My wife occasionally checks one email account and streams Pandora. I'll keep my unlimited plan and maybe drop my wife to the 2GB plan and save $5/mo. Was planning to get my daughter an iPhone in August when her current feature phone contract on our family plan is up. I wish the lower tier was more like 500MB instead of 200. AT&T knows that most people are going to be using a little more than 200MB with an iPhone.
    Attached Thumbnails No more unlimited data plans for new AT&T customers-chart.png   No more unlimited data plans for new AT&T customers-chart-1-.png  
    2010-06-03 03:03 AM
    Man...Sucks to be a new AT&T customer come June 7th. I have MyWi and occassionally, I've used it to do a few things but that's about it. I hope this isn't the beginning of some trend that will eventually lead to forcing existing AT&T customers to these sh** plans they will be making new customers choose from.
    Though we all look different on the outside, we all bleed the same on the inside
    2010-06-03 03:12 AM
    So now AT&T is officially adding tethering will they be checking to see if people are using an unofficial tether app like MyWi? I have read that they can differentiate regular data usage and data used through tethering of any kind but will they be doing this? Could AT&T be checking if you're tethering and just move you to a tethering plan if they see that you are similar to what they do when you're using an iPhone without an iPhone plan?
    2010-06-03 03:21 AM
    now tell me do i use my iphone a lot or what?
    pandora/youtube/web like crazy at work every day..but now that i found out the wifi password at work that just came in time..but i dont want to rely on wifi..im not going to update my data account i dont use tethering anyways i dont find it very useful when you tether because you be most like going on web site that have flash/big content ect..just depends on how you use it..but tethering is good to have also when you really need it..i assume you can pretty much access the stuff you need in you mobile device unless your a flash freak..flash just sucks up power/slows device down
    Attached Thumbnails No more unlimited data plans for new AT&T customers-chart.png  
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..
    2010-06-03 03:22 AM
    My friend was trying to add another line today with the unlimited data plan and the lady said that as of today the second line would be the new data plan. How can this be if they're saying it's happening on the 7th.
    2010-06-03 03:38 AM
    Well this sucks cause Now We use SLING and then apps like SKYPE and then we going to have video chat 2GB for all this is nothing At&T EVERY ONE WHO WORKS FOR AT&T SUCK
    2010-06-03 03:48 AM
    Wow, this is so cool. I'm paying $30 per month when most of the time I use my wifi only. This is so gonna save me some $$$.
    2010-06-03 03:50 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me at how many morons find their way to these forums. Over and over it's been said that anyone that's CURRENTLY an at&t customer with an UNLIMITED PLAN, will be grandfathered in, yet post after post we see the dopes that can't read or comprehend. How do you people even operate an iPhone? This will ONLY affect NEW users, and you call at&t stupid? Ironic.
    2010-06-03 03:55 AM
    The best part is how many people are calling AT&T dead and ripoff when this is literally going to lower the bill to over 90% of current iPhone customers if they switch. And you're not being forced to switch. Even when you upgrade.

There is literally no negative to this change unless you're in the 3% network killer demographic.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.
    2010-06-03 04:18 AM
    Delusion, I have no idea what it is you are trying to say.

It takes several minutes to simply check my email accounts on edge, vs 20-30 seconds on 3G. I have it set to 5 mins to 'simulate' push, so EDGE is taxed continuously checking my email, making browsing uselessly slow. Sure, I could set it to a more reasonable 15 minutes, but then i'm compromising. This is unacceptable.
    It takes me 3 seconds to open integrated Mail App and check my email, it takes me 3 seconds to check my hotmail, with mBox Mail. I dont see any problems.

It's all how you set your iphone to work, i got short cuts all over so that my iphone runs faster and opens program faster, with 3GS it's not an issue.
    So several minutes thing i dont know where you live, but where i live Egde is pretty fast.

Not as fast as 3G speeds, but pretty fast when I use my Edge in places WIFI in not permitted,i dont wait 30-40 seconds or endless minutes,
    i dont wait long at all, to check my email run my xGPS, or to check Modmyi forum which is heavy forum over the Edge.
    Last edited by delusion950; 2010-06-03 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-03 04:33 AM
    The best part is how many people are calling AT&T dead and ripoff when this is literally going to lower the bill to over 90% of current iPhone customers if they switch. And you're not being forced to switch. Even when you upgrade.

There is literally no negative to this change unless you're in the 3% network killer demographic.
    That is correct. In fact I get to cut my data down because I don't need that big of plan. I have wifi in all places I go almost minus work, and that is only half the day.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-06-03 04:44 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me at how many morons find their way to these forums. Over and over it's been said that anyone that's CURRENTLY an at&t customer with an UNLIMITED PLAN, will be grandfathered in, yet post after post we see the dopes that can't read or comprehend. How do you people even operate an iPhone? This will ONLY affect NEW users, and you call at&t stupid? Ironic.
    LMAO @ ronfin44, I agree, people come on, dont read, post, then go and read, and then see answers, then they doubt what they think is "true" or "not true"..

If they just read the policy stated in the opening post...and process what is written... duhhhhhhh

Though my .02, Since we haven't seen the tear down of a new 4g iphone, it leads me to wonder if they were able to 'secretly' fit a CDMA module in there and just try to cover the reasoning for the design as "the square backing drastically improved the wifi reception".. Because for VZW to support the iphone they *need* that (please correct me if im wrong), but in order to R&D a CDMA module that fits in there, they would have needed to start that so far prior to the release of this phone, but this hasn't even been rumored at all. So I'm really not sure that even if VZW can get the iPhone, how long till you can release a device supported on its network.

And as stated by another individual, AT&T has poor execution on this policy, but maybe they do understand that they are "soon" to not be the only carrier of the iphone and this is how they need to curb the abuse on their network.. I mean, its their loss..

The converse side to all of this is, IF VZW gets the iPhone, can & will they learn from AT&T short comings and be able to truly support all the new users and the extensive bandwidth usage. Cause, I remember AT&T saying that they would be able to do just the same, and then the influx of users bogging the network down... Will VZW fall subject to the same broken record... all hypothetical.. .
    Last edited by Mp3Supply; 2010-06-03 at 04:47 AM.
    2010-06-03 04:45 AM
    well just found out that as long as you keep the iphone and already have unlimited your unlimited wont change so upgrades are included of the iphone only, if you change smart phones you are out of luck, so new iphone here i come, unlimited ....and i dont have a contract with them which is sweet so whenever i find a better provider i can just switch ....i love the no contract., and yes you can have the phone without a contract if you bbuy your straight out and then pic your plan you are still eligble for all upgrades @ a discount.... trust me i am on it now so buy your iphoone off craigs list go to at&t and get service month to month no contract and get grand fathered in....
    2010-06-03 05:02 AM
    There a great break down of the AT&T new data plan here worth reading..
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of AT&T’s New Pricing Plan

This another reason to dump them in near future.

MBCMDR
    2010-06-03 05:09 AM
    All those "excessive data users" that AT&T is talking about are on modmyi.
    The ones complaining are the ones that jogged it up and caused these changes.
    Switch to Verizon and wait cause they will do it to.
    I'll keep my unlimited until I see how much I use on the new iPhone. The wife can go to 200mb a month.
    2010-06-03 05:14 AM
    This is how i look at it:
    We make AT&T prosper by all of us switching to AT&T or renewing service year after year for a new iPhone.
    What we get in return is: higher prices, less service, no coverage.
    What we don't get is customer appreciation. Basically an ultimatum from AT&T in a form of: We do whatever we want to you suckers and what are you going to do about it?
    Well we are doing nothing because of our love for the iPhone and they know it and its making me mad, very mad. Early termination fee is up because they know a lot of us will try to leave so they will milk us even more. I cannot believe that some of you here actually agree with this decision you must be an AT&T employee. I need to vomit when i think off corporate america sucking us dry in return for making them filthy rich. But here is what i am going to do: Pay my $200 plus some for early termination and say goodbye to AT&T and go to TMobile, and guess what there are so many of us using the iPhone and went to AT&T that they wont even care if i walk with my 4 lines and 5 year customer history. They wont care if 1000's of us would walk. My only hope is that Verizon would get the IPhone and these morons would just loose all that they have that we help built.

Man...Sucks to be a new AT&T customer come June 7th. I have MyWi and occassionally, I've used it to do a few things but that's about it. I hope this isn't the beginning of some trend that will eventually lead to forcing existing AT&T customers to these sh** plans they will be making new customers choose from.
    Only if you decide not to have the new iPhone and have the mandatory renewal for two years.
    If you do boom you have the new plan. Remember last year when you had to have a text plan and pay increase for unlimited data?
    Last edited by rolandgabor; 2010-06-03 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-03 05:31 AM
    I'll stick with my Pdanet thank you. + My iphone is JB so AND..I already have the unlimited data plan..SO this does NOT..bother me.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone6 16GB(Jailbroken
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Yosemite
    Cydia Account #895872
    2010-06-03 05:39 AM
    This is how i look at it:
    We make AT&T prosper by all of us switching to AT&T or renewing service year after year for a new iPhone.
    What we get in return is: higher prices, less service, no coverage.
    What we don't get is customer appreciation. Basically an ultimatum from AT&T in a form of: We do whatever we want to you suckers and what are you going to do about it?
    Well we are doing nothing because of our love for the iPhone and they know it and its making me mad, very mad. Early termination fee is up because they know a lot of us will try to leave so they will milk us even more. I cannot believe that some of you here actually agree with this decision you must be an AT&T employee. I need to vomit when i think off corporate america sucking us dry in return for making them filthy rich. But here is what i am going to do: Pay my $200 plus some for early termination and say goodbye to AT&T and go to TMobile, and guess what there are so many of us using the iPhone and went to AT&T that they wont even care if i walk with my 4 lines and 5 year customer history. They wont care if 1000's of us would walk. My only hope is that Verizon would get the IPhone and these morons would just loose all that they have that we help built.
    There have been a lot of happy people with ATT. The pricing of this new plan will actually save many people a nice piece of the bill.

Also as for making a company richer; that is part of economics. Making them richer allows them to build onto the network, which they have been doing. It also means they need to hire more people to meet the demand.

The only companies that don't do this are the ones that are not for profit. Meaning all the profits go to something else. I know of a bank where all the profits it makes go to a foundation they have setup. But most companies are there to make money, otherwise what is the point? Do you like to make money? Would you like to be rich? If you had a dream of making a company would it be to make a good living or just make it by and everything go to help those in need?

ATT is not going anywhere. The roots of ATT has been around since 1877.

Actually I see Verizon shares the same roots. It was one of seven spin off companies when the government broke ATT/Bell up in 1984.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-06-03 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-06-03 05:54 AM
246 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.