how about this situation.
    A non jailbroken device that has synced with the itunes 9.2. Can I use spirit to jailbreak then sync with another laptop that has never seen itunes 9.2 or will this cause the loop? I guess what I am asking is if the nonjailbroken device is synced with itunes 9.2 are there changes made to the iphone that interfere with the jailbreak process simply because the device did sync once with itunes 9.2?
    Hope my question makes sense?
    2010-06-18 03:45 AM
    yess, any problem ?
    I was unable to restore with 9.1 with wifi sync installed. Deleted it from the computer, and restored just fine. Try removing it from your computer and try restoring again..
    2010-06-18 04:53 AM
    Just incase a I need to re-jailbreak for some reason, I'm keeping one of my computers on the 9.1.x version.

ME SMART!!
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken
    2010-06-18 05:26 AM
    I dont get why everyone panics and freak out when a new Itunes is release. I cant figure out why people rush and hit the download button every time there is a new release. If the current one you have is working then keep, why mess with it ??

So if you are not already JB just use one of the other options until Spirit is updated. I dont get why people always act like the sky is falling !
    2010-06-18 08:03 PM
    I dont get why everyone panics and freak out when a new Itunes is release. I cant figure out why people rush and hit the download button every time there is a new release. If the current one you have is working then keep, why mess with it ??

So if you are not already JB just use one of the other options until Spirit is updated. I dont get why people always act like the sky is falling !

Let me get this straight... The sky is not falling because of a new iTunes? Weeheewww
    2010-06-18 08:08 PM
    I also had upgraded to the Windows version of 9.2 before I read anything here. It has worked with my Spirit JB 3.1.3 3G. However, I was planning on restoring my phone this weekend before iOS 4.0 comes out on Monday and don't jailbreak it right away.
    2010-06-18 08:15 PM
    I also had upgraded to the Windows version of 9.2 before I read anything here. It has worked with my Spirit JB 3.1.3 3G. However, I was planning on restoring my phone this weekend before iOS 4.0 comes out on Monday and don't jailbreak it right away.
    So you were able to sync and it didnt go into boot loop? Interesting. I have not heard anything good coming from people with 3GS. Smart to just wait until everything gets figured out and it is safe to upgrade.

I am also contemplating restoring for ios 4 launch... I love my jailbreak though!!
    Last edited by drWidowmaker53; 2010-06-18 at 08:26 PM.
    2010-06-18 08:22 PM
    So if you are jailbroken, you HAVE to restore before upgrading to iOS4...?

I wanna, but I love MyWi in fact the whole point of jailbreaking for me was to install MyWi. Paying an extra $200 + data plan for a second device didn't make sense.
    2010-06-18 10:47 PM
    So if you are jailbroken, you HAVE to restore before upgrading to iOS4...?

I wanna, but I love MyWi in fact the whole point of jailbreaking for me was to install MyWi. Paying an extra $200 + data plan for a second device didn't make sense.
    To honest I am not positive that you need to restore.... I just was going to do it before I upgraded to iTunes 9.2 to avoid the boot loop. You might be able to...
    2010-06-18 10:51 PM
    So do we need to restore to a non jailbreak iPhone before we update to os4? I am running 3.1.3 3gs with spirit. iTunes 9.1. Do I need to do a restore now before I update to OS4?
    2010-06-18 10:57 PM
    I have heard of some issues on other forums when they upgraded to ios4 with a spirit jb 3GS...

I would just for the sake of safety restore. But that is my opinion...
    2010-06-18 11:02 PM
    how about this situation.
    A non jailbroken device that has synced with the itunes 9.2. Can I use spirit to jailbreak then sync with another laptop that has never seen itunes 9.2 or will this cause the loop? I guess what I am asking is if the nonjailbroken device is synced with itunes 9.2 are there changes made to the iphone that interfere with the jailbreak process simply because the device did sync once with itunes 9.2?
    Hope my question makes sense?
    Same question, kinda:

I installed 9.2 yesterday for 4.0GM on my iPhone 3G, then today I synced my shiny new iPad with 9.2. After that I used spirit jailbreak and have not yet connected the iPad back to iTunes. Is this boot loop upon spirit doing its thing, or after connecting it back to iTunes post-jailbreak? Cuz I am not looping and all seems well.

Should I get stuck in a boot loop, is DFU mode going to help or is it bricked?
    2010-06-19 03:01 AM
    For people that have upgraded iTunes, have any of you tried downgrading to iTunes 9.1 and tried Spirit again, just a thought.

If you make a backup copy of your iTunes folder before upgrading it makes it easier to downgrade, because you can delete the upgraded iTunes folder and replace it with your backed up folder (After Downgrading iTunes).

Doing this makes it like you never upgraded iTunes

how to remove iTunes Mac, Windows
    Last edited by dsg; 2010-06-19 at 03:16 PM.
    2010-06-19 11:43 AM
    i'll upgrade since i'm already jb'ed
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No
    2010-06-19 05:03 PM
    You should READ AGAIN. That's for NEW pre-orders, not ones completed on the 15th.
    lol, i was thinking the same thing!
    2010-06-19 09:08 PM
    Should you end up in boot loop wait til the battery wears down and you will see the red flashing battery. When you do plug it in to charge and before it starts to boot again put into dfu mode (home and power for 8 secs then release power and continue with home for another 8 secs.) then restore in iTunes, obviously you won't be jailbroken but at least it will work!
    2010-06-20 12:10 AM
    I certainly never had this problem when I used pwnage.

Anyone else had this problem?
    Yes, well almost, I nearly got stuck last night when I was playing with Winterboard (should know better) and had a KP. on the reboot, it wouldnt, it got stuck on the apple logo. I was able to switch it off eventually (after several boots to logo) and then I just left it alone for a while. Whne I decided I really needed to restore, I switched it on, and it actually booted... slowly, but it happened. All back to normal now (and I have uninstalled winterboard and the themes I was playing with).

I won't be jailbreaking with spirit again, i do like pwnage, should have not bee so impatient.

So you were able to sync and it didnt go into boot loop? Interesting. I have not heard anything good coming from people with 3GS. Smart to just wait until everything gets figured out and it is safe to upgrade.

I am also contemplating restoring for ios 4 launch... I love my jailbreak though!!
    Mine only went into a boot loop after playing with winterboard. its been fine since then.

I will definitely be restoring prior to iOS4 upgrade, but I will likely hold off on upgrade until the dev team has a jailbreak. I need MyWi.
    Last edited by kyteflyer; 2010-06-20 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-20 01:53 AM
    thanks bro
    killall Terminal[]
    2010-06-20 05:10 AM
    I guess the safe bet would be to wait until iOS4 comes out officially, and gets jailbroken, to know what steps to take from a jailbroken 3.1.3
    2010-06-20 08:26 AM
    Same question, kinda:

I installed 9.2 yesterday for 4.0GM on my iPhone 3G, then today I synced my shiny new iPad with 9.2. After that I used spirit jailbreak and have not yet connected the iPad back to iTunes. Is this boot loop upon spirit doing its thing, or after connecting it back to iTunes post-jailbreak? Cuz I am not looping and all seems well.

Should I get stuck in a boot loop, is DFU mode going to help or is it bricked?
    FYI I moved the iPad to another machine which had 9.1 on it and am syncing there just fine. No boot loop. No problems here. I won't upgrade to 9.2 on that box until ios4 for iPad anyway.
    2010-06-20 10:56 AM
141 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD