User Tag List

They have the nerve to charge us $30 for a piece of s*** rubber that don't cost more than .30 cent to make. I could buy a damn nice case for $30.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 2010-06-25 at 05:54 AM.
    2010-06-25 05:48 AM
    Poor Chinese kid probably made only $1 the whole month to make them.
    2010-06-25 06:07 AM
    Signal also goes down when a Nokia phone is held.

Watch the last video in this article:
    Apple, Steve Jobs Respond To iPhone 4 Reception Issues: Fact Of Life For Every Wireless Phone, Avoid Gripping It In Lower Left Corner Or Use A Case - iPhone Hacks

Steve Jobs is right when he said this happens only in certain location under certain signal strength condition. I could not replicate the problem on my 3GS, 3G, and a friend's 3GS, no matter how long I hold it with my left hand touching the volume rocker and the lower left corner. It is also clear that half the people using iPhone 4 are also unable to replicate the signal reduction phenomena, just like only some 3G and some 3GS users could replicate the problem. So, get over the idea that this problem is unique only to iphone 4 or to Apple product, although it does appear to be more evident on iPhone 4.

Edit|: I reconnected the rest at another part of my house with my 3GS and 3G, but now I'm able to replicate e phenomena! So it is true that it depends on e location and orientation of the user.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 2010-06-25 at 08:14 AM.
    2010-06-25 06:46 AM
    steve jobs can kiss my *** for that response.
    2010-06-25 07:24 AM
    Well I Wonder If They Did Know about It. The Guy Who Left His in The Bar Had A Case On It To Make It Look Like a 3gs Right? Lol
    2010-06-25 07:26 AM

pretty much.
    2010-06-25 07:37 AM
    I found that I had to grip it extremely tight continuously in order to cause signal problem. If I hold it normally, or periodically loosen my grip, then it does not cause signal problem although I touch the bottom left. This is on 3G and 3GS.

I'm curious to know if iPhone 4 must be unnaturally griped very tight without loosening the grip periodically in order to produce the problem.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 2010-06-25 at 08:23 AM.
    2010-06-25 08:16 AM
    I got my iphone 4 this morning and I tested it and yes it drops signal to 0 eventually. I also went to O2 store to check the phones on display there were 4 iphones and all done the same so. I will be sending the phone back to Vodafone. I am not happy waiting for the new iphone so long and having to return it. I KNOW YOU ALL LOVE IPHONE BUT PLEASE SEND IPHONES BACK TO GET APPLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM OR THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING.
    2010-06-25 09:39 AM
    FYI
    I just spoke with Apple an they are working on a fix as we speak. Thier directive on this is to send Bumbers to everyone having problems while they work on a fix. Its weird that the bumbers came out, fixe the issue, and they are sending them out overnight priority all on the day of the luanch.
    They are being sent overnight priority? Was everyone who is getting one being told this? I was told that it wouldn't ship out until July 16th and would come regular mail, which means I wouldn't get it for another 3-4 weeks. I may need to e-mail the tech guy I spoke with last night.
    2010-06-25 09:57 AM
    The antenna has certain properties that are carefully matched to those of
    the next circuit in the signal path inside the phone in order to maximize
    the signal transfer. Touching it changes this balance and results in signal
    attenuation. There is not going to be a firmware fix. It is clearly a
    blunder, Apple knew about it, invented the bumper and, then, have the
    nerve to charge $30 for it. Jobs' advice not to touch the band is adding
    insult to injury and demonstrates once again Apple's corporate arrogance.
    My house is in a very weak signal area and can not afford to loose one of
    my usually two and frequently one bar.
    2010-06-25 11:42 AM
    i do not understand why everyone is complaining...
    the solution is simple, if you don't like it, return it. end of story.
    why would you call for Apple to fix it? why would they be 'responsible' for fixing it? it would be different if Apple iPhone 4 was the only cell phone available in the world. However, it is not. it is one of 10's of thousands to choose from. quit crying and complaining about how this is unfair and a big rip off and i want a free case and i want a free iphone...
    give me a break, we a consumers with a choice. choose what you want and deal with whatever you have chosen.
    2010-06-25 12:31 PM
    why would you call for Apple to fix it? why would they be 'responsible' for fixing it? it would be different if Apple iPhone 4 was the only cell phone available in the world. However, it is not. it is one of 10's of thousands to choose from. quit crying and complaining about how this is unfair and a big rip off and i want a free case and i want a free iphone...
    give me a break, we a consumers with a choice. choose what you want and deal with whatever you have chosen.
    I think most consumers expect the products they purchase to work correctly. If they don't we expect them to be fixed or replaced with a product that does. The problem goes further with iphones. We are locking ourselves into a long term commitment with both the cell phone carrier, and with apple, because of the way the cell phone system is structured. Therefor it is Apples legal duty to deliver a working cell phone. If they don't then, in my personal view, they are defaulting on their contract with us, and therefore are probably legally liable. Because of this, we should expect a much higher level of "satisfaction" from apple. The phones don't have to be perfect, but they better damn well work to a reasonable level of service. I believe most judges would agree that a phone that can't make a call if you are holding it in your hand is defective.
    2010-06-25 12:56 PM
    So your saying if i went grocery shopping for milk, and "chose" one brand from the 10 available there, and later i discover an expiration sticker hidden that say the milk has expired a month ago (and let's say it was shipped expired so it's not the grocery store fault), I shouldn't complain and scream bloody murder in that case?

It's not a question of choice, it's a question of getting a flawed product. It's Apple's fault and they should fix it as simple as this. A "band aid" over the wound is not acceptable, they need to do a root cause counter measure analysis and recall all their phones and fix them (again as simple as this). Mind you i did not purchase an iPhone 4 and after hearing about this i probably won't (to your point) but still, the ethical thing to do for a corporation as prestigious as Apple, is to take the hit on it (Like Toyota did for instance). I work as a quality engineer in a multi billion company as well, and i know no one is perfect and mistakes are made, but if one of my product line is "Shipped" defective, I'll issue a recall in a heart beat! In fact, I'm dealing with a similar issue right now where unfortunately we shipped a product with defective control boards (not our fault but our supplier shipped them as such to us). Anyhow, If Apple wants to act in an ethical matter, they'll own up to this issue not sell band aids/bumpers!

i think most consumers expect the products they purchase to work correctly. If they don't we expect them to be fixed or replaced with a product that does. The problem goes further with iphones. We are locking ourselves into a long term commitment with both the cell phone carrier, and with apple, because of the way the cell phone system is structured. Therefor it is apples legal duty to deliver a working cell phone. If they don't then, in my personal view, they are defaulting on their contract with us, and therefore are probably legally liable. Because of this, we should expect a much higher level of "satisfaction" from apple. The phones don't have to be perfect, but they better damn well work to a reasonable level of service. i believe most judges would agree that a phone that can't make a call if you are holding it in your hand is defective.
    lol
    Last edited by Ronnitude; 2010-06-25 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-25 01:09 PM
    Toyota produced products that have caused death and disfigurement. I doubt anyone is dying from holding a phone a certain way.

Milk?
    Last edited by s4mb4; 2010-06-25 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-25 01:18 PM
    Common people gimme a god damn break the phone is full of bug and people who are saying go return it if you like they have a solution And solution is what a ugly bumper on your phone ? I don't take that as a fix And more over not only that let me know if someone has noticed it or not the proximity sensor is also not working the way its suppose to be I have hang up the phone calls 10 times now and still counting cause of the proximity sensor you have to hold the phone really close to your ear or else the screen comes on and you end up tapping buttons with your face SUCKS
    2010-06-25 01:32 PM
    I tried calling support this morning, and she treated me like I was an idiot. "Have you tried resetting the network settings, have you turned off 3g, have you reseated the sim card? if that doesnt work, goto ATT so they can replace the sim card." I was like... wtf. how is that going to help with losing signal holding the phone in your hand..
    2010-06-25 01:34 PM
    Fffiizzz I was at the att store when this was happening LOL guess what att people told me go take the phone to apple ) LOL I think best thing to do is return this buggy phone back to MR STEVE JOBS just like how he has massive sales of 600,000 Soon he is going to have massive returns )
    2010-06-25 01:36 PM
    I think most consumers expect the products they purchase to work correctly. If they don't we expect them to be fixed or replaced with a product that does. The problem goes further with iphones. We are locking ourselves into a long term commitment with both the cell phone carrier, and with apple, because of the way the cell phone system is structured. Therefor it is Apples legal duty to deliver a working cell phone. If they don't then, in my personal view, they are defaulting on their contract with us, and therefore are probably legally liable. Because of this, we should expect a much higher level of "satisfaction" from apple. The phones don't have to be perfect, but they better damn well work to a reasonable level of service. I believe most judges would agree that a phone that can't make a call if you are holding it in your hand is defective.
    nope. you have 30 days to make that contract legally binding. take it back at 29 days and all is forgotten.
    2010-06-25 01:37 PM
    Toyota produced products that have caused death and disfigurement. I doubt anyone is dying from holding a phone a certain way.

Milk?
    Yes Milk lol (i was eating my morning cereal, leave me alone lol)!

And it's not about the severity, it's about the principle. Whether it's milk, phone or car doesn't matter. If it caused food poisoning, death or whatever, it doesn't matter. If you pay for something, you should get that something. (simple ethical concept) Now if the receiving strength of the antenna (always gets weak reception for instance) was the thing in question then I'll understand where you are coming from, but this issue seems to be a design flaw. In other words, similar to Toyota's problem (a design issue)...
    2010-06-25 01:38 PM
    Guys, While I am not happy about it either (I have not gotten my phones yet so I can't say how bad the issue is), I bought a 27 inch iMac in the middle of the screen cracking and discoloration mess, as well as the Mac Book Air when they were "overheating". I had an issue with the Air (twice) with the volume not working, but overall I have been really happy with my products from Apple and I am sure they will come up with a correction. I think the disorganized way they are responding is not the right way to handle it, but it will get handled in a few days or a week somehow, so let's not have a coronary. Worst Case? Return it for a refund and buy a Droid X, Evo 4G, etc.

I tried calling support this morning, and she treated me like I was an idiot. "Have you tried resetting the network settings, have you turned off 3g, have you reseated the sim card? if that doesnt work, goto ATT so they can replace the sim card." I was like... wtf. how is that going to help with losing signal holding the phone in your hand..
    Could you have been acting in a manner that led her to believe you were an idiot?

In all seriousness did you tell them you knew about the problems?
    Last edited by Shumdit; 2010-06-25 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-25 01:44 PM
564 ... 142223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD