So I got off the phone with apple twice and and tried to get then to send me a free bumper but noooo they just kept telling me out technicians are looking into it. COMPLETE ********.
    2010-06-26 12:40 AM
    2010-06-26 01:19 AM

pretty much.
    I have no issues holding mine that way. If I give it the death grip then it will loose bars but who does that. I do not want hand cramps by the end of the call.
    2010-06-26 01:53 AM
    Ok advise guys, My local Apple store still has plenty Iphone 4's for replacements, Is it worth seeing about having it replaced or not? Basically what are my chances of getting one that does not have this issue?

Thanks
    Craig
    2010-06-26 02:02 AM
    Ok advise guys, My local Apple store still has plenty Iphone 4's for replacements, Is it worth seeing about having it replaced or not? Basically what are my chances of getting one that does not have this issue?

Thanks
    Craig
    Every iPhone 4 has this issue. Do not believe people who say it does not happen on theirs.
    2010-06-26 02:07 AM
    Every iPhone 4 has this issue. Do not believe people who say it does not happen on theirs.
    100% true my cousin was thinking his was fine.

Told him to hold it death grip style for 45 seconds and only 1 bar.

Case = fix if you can not change the way you hold it? LOL?
    2010-06-26 02:27 AM
    I have really sweaty hands and live in south florida so its hot and humid here all year long. Called apple stores and they all ignored me and didnt offer the free case some have been getting. Will drop by best buy tomorrow to see what they have in stock.
    2010-06-26 02:32 AM
    I will need to make my decision soon about the swap,

What about this video on youtube showing no signal issue on the Iphone 4 when it is covered: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8t_AvX9EY]YouTube - iPhone 4 no signal problem UK[/ame]
    2010-06-26 02:35 AM
    Update:
    I went into the apple store today and they downloaded stats from my phone.

75 calls
    3% dropped
    7 Modem resets

They said that confirmed my complaints, and that there was a software fix coming.

I bought a case from the at&t store and it seemed to improve the signal issue. I like the case and will probably use it after they resolve the issue. I still needs to be fixed.
    2010-06-26 02:51 AM
    WOW when holding the phone in landscape mode

with my thumbs and pointing fingers on all sides internet is just about non-browsable the bars drop all the way down. just got mine this morning this is crap.

are they giving replacements?
    2010-06-26 02:54 AM
    I will need to make my decision soon about the swap,

What about this video on youtube showing no signal issue on the Iphone 4 when it is covered:
    Maybe there are some good one's out there. Seems like it would be getting lucky to get one though
    2010-06-26 04:39 AM
    Thats mine and I hope they'll fix it as I don't like cases :/

T-Mobile UK

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6prqv6Z3xM]YouTube - iPhone 4 signal test t-mobile UK[/ame]
    2010-06-26 05:27 AM
    Tired of all this crap about iPhone 4, and all the so called problems. People always find a way to complain no matter what. There is no such thing as perfect.. I have mine love it no problems.
    Well if you had problems, you would be complaining too. Or.. would you just sit their in love with your faulty iPhone while Steve bathes in your money. Idiot.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.
    2010-06-26 06:12 AM
    I only have this problem if I hold it in a specific way. Thankfully, it's not how I hold the phone normally so I didn't even know this was an issue until it popped on the news.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.
    2010-06-26 07:09 AM
    Here's another example of poor QA from Apple. EPIC FAIL!
    Some iPhone 4's are Shipping with Wrong Volume Buttons [Video] | Redmond Pie
    2010-06-26 10:03 AM
    Welp, my friend has this reception "issue". He made a video of it, it's ridiculous when you actually see it.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.
    2010-06-26 02:39 PM
    According to apple statement Mr Jobs claim that all of us are holding the iphone the wrong way WELL WELL WELL here is I want all of you to look at

Now look at him he is telling the world that we are holding it the wrong way WELL MR STEVE JOBS how about you ? are you holding the phone the rite way ???

Don't let apple give this excuse every one email them and tell them to fix this problem
    2010-06-26 03:38 PM
    well, i believe what Jobs saying is right and the ergonomical way of holding the phone is by using 2 fingers and touching just the top. I cant believe most of you hold it like that, its unnatural.

Apple have considered the placement of the antennae bridges ergonomically
    2010-06-26 04:26 PM
    It's based off signal strength. My phone does it at home but not at work. I have no explanation for that other than signal strength.

I have 5 bars at home/work and at home if I hold it in my left hand as described it will 1-no service. At work it won't drop any bars at all. Tripple tested. I 100% cannot get it to reproduce at work. However I can reproduce while drive. I'm wondering if it's a power to the antenna issue. Perhaps it's not adjusting power to the antenna quick enough to adjust for your bodies interferrance.
    2010-06-26 04:54 PM
    Apparently my iphone 4 has decided to not let me send texts.

You can receive and write them but the send button does not work......
    2010-06-26 05:31 PM
564 ... 162425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD