So does anyone know how to find what bootrom a device uses?
    Check your model number....if it begins with "MC" then you have the new bootrom if it is not "MC" then you have an older bootrom also check the 4th and 5th number in you serial number if it is lower then 40 then you have an old bootrom.

settings, general, about........scroll down to model number and check.............. mine is MC131C (new bootrom) and check serial number as well... my serial is new bootrom ***43****** the first two numbers in the serial are the factory numbers, the third number is the year it was made and the two numbers following those numbers are the week of that year it was made.

Hope this helps.
    2010-06-24 07:55 PM
    Check your model number....if it begins with "MC" then you have the new bootrom if it is not "MC" then you have an older bootrom also check the 4th and 5th number in you serial number if it is lower then 40 then you have an old bootrom.

settings, general, about........scroll down to model number and check.............. mine is MC131C (new bootrom) and check serial number as well... my serial is new bootrom ***43****** the first two numbers in the serial are the factory numbers, the third number is the year it was made and the two numbers following those numbers are the week of that year it was made.

Hope this helps.
    No, wrong the serial number and model number have nothing to do with it. Read a few posts on previous pages and it's obvious. Btw my 4th and 5th digits are 17 and I have the new bootrom.
    2010-06-24 07:59 PM

Hope this helps.
    Mines MC131B and its not new bootrom because im on cfw4.0 Might be serial thou mines 39
    2010-06-24 08:03 PM
    Anybody, Please give me an idea. Like I said I can restore to Apple firmware files but if I point to custom file it gives me error 1600.
    2010-06-24 08:05 PM
    Anybody, Please give me an idea. Like I said I can restore to Apple firmware files but if I point to custom file it gives me error 1600.
    Its been explained several times read recent posts

also i see your on 3.1.3 if you have never been on 3.1.2 jailbroke your screwed for now
    Last edited by dazzer1983; 2010-06-24 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-24 08:11 PM
    No, wrong the serial number and model number have nothing to do with it. Read a few posts on previous pages and it's obvious. Btw my 4th and 5th digits are 17 and I have the new bootrom.
    So how sure are you you have the new Bootrom? As I mentioned it depends on the serial or the Model. So how do you base yours to be new Bootrrom?

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for.
    Socrates
    2010-06-24 08:12 PM
    Hello, I have an iPhone 3G with AT&T network on 3.12 jailbroken/unlocked/hacktivated using Blackr4in.

I'd like to update to 4.0 and still be jailbroken/unlocked/hacktivated. I'd like to do a clean install, so I have no need for a backup/restore. I don't have my SHSH blob saved. Could anyone make a guide for me?
    2010-06-24 08:13 PM
    Let me first off apologize for even posting this, but there's just way too many posts to read through on this thread already to find this answer.

My iPhone 3GS is currently jailbroken on 3.1.2 via Blackrain, has a model number beginning with MC, Serial # starting below 40, but the bootrom is 359.3. I see lots of conflicting info - some say serial number/model are the indicator, but mine conflict.

Anyone able to shed some light on whether this is jail-breakable with this new Sn0wBreeze release?

Thanks for your time!
    2010-06-24 08:20 PM
    It seems like many people are having issue & errors.
    I created a Simple Custom IPSW 900MB partition & Non-Activated. All I getting is Error (2). I know you're supposed to restore in Recovery Mode & 3Gs iPhone must be Old Bootroom & Blackra1n JB at v3.1.2
    Question:
    Anyone successfully created a Custom IPSW & Restored using Snowbreeze v1.6.1?
    2010-06-24 08:21 PM
    Let me first off apologize for even posting this, but there's just way too many posts to read through on this thread already to find this answer.

My iPhone 3GS is currently jailbroken on 3.1.2 via Blackrain, has a model number beginning with MC, Serial # starting below 40, but the bootrom is 359.3. I see lots of conflicting info - some say serial number/model are the indicator, but mine conflict.

Anyone able to shed some light on whether this is jail-breakable with this new Sn0wBreeze release?

Thanks for your time!
    You should be fine on 3.1.2 jailbroken
    2010-06-24 08:23 PM
    Its been explained several times read recent posts

also i see your on 3.1.3 if you have never been on 3.1.2 jailbroke your screwed for now
    Dazzer1983,
    Thanks for the response. I am not sure if you read my first post. There is too much mixed information out there I was told that "Using your blobs, restore to CUSTOM 3.1.3 made by Sn0wBreeze Or PwnageTools, And then you should restore with CUSTOM 4.0 to get your device on 4.0 Jailbroken."

My configuration is
    3GS, 3.1.3 (7E18), Firmware 5.12.1, MB715LL model and JBroken with Spirit. Since this morning I have restored to base 3.1.3.

Am I still screwed. Is Spirit is the only option? I hate Spirit because I can't go to 4.
    Please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Last edited by rmathew_99; 2010-06-24 at 08:26 PM.
    2010-06-24 08:23 PM
    That all seems correct to me Go for it
    2010-06-24 08:25 PM
    I am also getting Error (2) on a compatible 3G(s). Have followed all instructions exactly. Can anyone shed light on this? Apparently many are encountering the same issue with hardware that is supposed to be compatible.
    2010-06-24 08:29 PM
    That all seems correct to me Go for it
    thanks. Any ideas on error 1600?
    2010-06-24 08:31 PM
    Do you have your blobs saved in cydia?

How do you do it?
    Yeah I think so. I clicked to the make my life easier button on home cydia page with red heart. And after some days later the greeen sign was there "your shshs saved on...."

But maybe I have only saved just the 3.1.3 shshs? it is any possibility to check what am i saved on saurik's server? any link or program?

One more info from my system! I dont uprgade yet the iTunes to 9.2, because i red somewhere, its not so good for Spirited jailbreak.

can I check anywhere wheter i save the 3.1.2 shsh blobs or not drmias?
    2010-06-24 08:36 PM
    I'm seriously starting to think that all of us 3Gs users with the new bootrom and that all of the new iPhone 4 users are getting screwed at all these jailbreaks being developed. Dev Team seems to be only creating jailbreaks for the old bootrom, and they, have NEVER created jailbreaks to help people with new bootroms. Same deal with Sn0wBreeze and the other jailbreaks. They all cater to people with the old bootrom.

Geohot announced this on his twitter:
    geohot In Berlin where there are no Apple stores. USA in world cup! No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking.
    about 13 hours ago

Why does the Dev team keep looking to the past for jailbreaks, when the new bottom 3Gs, and the iPhone 4 both need a solution for a jailbreak on 4.0! Right now, especially after seeing Geohot's announcement that he has no plans for a new jailbreak Even After Pwned4Life was announced.

Another thing that I really don't think is fair, why doesn't the Dev Team just find an exploit to help everyone jailbreak? Instead, I'm pretty sure that most exploits are being sat on right now, and lots of us 3Gs users and i4 users are being left out in the cold. I do understand that the Dev Team and others work pretty hard to create jailbreaks, but why for only a select few?

I'm seriously starting to think that the only way us new bottom 3Gs users, as well as the new iPhone 4 users are gonna be able to jailbreak on 4.0, is if Spirit gets an update to help us out, or if someone else can come up with a jailbreak.

Seriously, if I knew how to make a jailbreak and how to program, and if I knew everything involved, I would have made one myself to help Everyone out.
    Last edited by tamaysz; 2010-06-24 at 10:45 PM.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.
    2010-06-24 08:38 PM
    Anyone know why a NOR custom FW is much smaller file size? Its like 17.1 MB. Is this correct?
    2010-06-24 08:40 PM
    question, what if you are jailbroken with spirit? do you restore to 4.0 then again to jailbreak? or is there no solution
    2010-06-24 08:53 PM
    So.... Old or new???? Jailbreakable or not?????
    Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows-f0recast.jpg

Sorry the image from f0recast is so small.... but open it up.... I'd appreciate some guidance....

Thanks
    2010-06-24 09:08 PM
    I'm seriously starting to think that all of us 3Gs users with the new bootrom and that all of the new iPhone 4 users are getting screwed at all these jailbreaks being developed. Dev Team seems to be only creating jailbreaks for the old bootrom, and they, have NEVER created jailbreaks to help people with new bootroms. Same deal with Sn0wBreeze and the other jailbreaks. They all cater to people with the old bootrom.

Geohot announced this on his twitter:
    geohot In Berlin where there are no Apple stores. USA in world cup! No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking.
    about 13 hours ago

Why does the Dev team keep looking to the past for jailbreaks, when the new bottom 3Gs, and the iPhone 4 both need a solution for a jailbreak on 4.0! Right now, especially after seeing Geohot's announcement that he has no plans for a new jailbreak Even After Pwned4Life was announced.

Another thing that I really don't think is fair, why doesn't the Dev Team just find an exploit to help everyone jailbreak? Instead, I'm pretty sure that most exploits are being sat on right now, and lots of us 3Gs users and i4 users are being left out in the cold. I do understand that the Dev Team and others work pretty hard to create jailbreaks, but why for only a select few?

I'm seriously starting to think that the only way us new bottom 3Gs users, as well as the new iPhone 4 users are gonna be able to jailbreak on 4.0, is if Spirit gets an update to help us out, or if someone else can come up with a jailbreak.

Seriously, if I knew how to make a jailbreak and how to program, and if I knew everything involved, I would have made one myself to help Everyone out.
    Bottom line is 95% of iphone users are old bootrom 3GS or older (2g or 3g ect....) so theirs not a huge rush to reinvite an entire new code and program for a small number of ppl.
    2010-06-24 10:04 PM
574 ... 101819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD