Can someone explain to me why it makes sense to show that you have done something but not explain or share how it was done? I think its immaturity. Total Ego trip.
    As much as the jailbreaks are to benefit the community, they're also a game of showmanship between the hackers themselves.
    2010-07-11 02:52 AM
    Yes, I can tell you but it will cost you....1billionsmoshmillionzillian dollars.
    You take checks?! =)
    2010-07-11 02:53 AM
    yo this damn kid is unbelievable..In two ways, one for jailbreaking the iphone 4, kudos to you. And another for being a ******. I'm not the one to talk about someone but don't be a jerk about it. For one, YOU posted on YOUR blog, where YOU want people to come and check out. and YOU make these little snippet videos, w/ lame a** music saying how YOUR the greatest. Well sir if YOUR wanna claim or be the greatest then there is something else you need you jailbreak as well, and that is being humbleness....YOU are not the only one that can jailbreak these devices, but you are the best at it...So if your arrogance is too high to deal w/ your fans inpatientness then hell lets just wait til someone else release...
    "R-R"
    2010-07-11 02:54 AM
    yo this damn kid is unbelievable..In two ways, one for jailbreaking the iphone 4, kudos to you. And another for being a ******. I'm not the one to talk about someone but don't be a jerk about it. For one, YOU posted on YOUR blog, where YOU want people to come and check out. and YOU make these little snippet videos, w/ lame a** music saying how YOUR the greatest. Well sir if YOUR wanna claim or be the greatest then there is something else you need you jailbreak as well, and that is being humbleness....YOU are not the only one that can jailbreak these devices, but you are the best at it...So if your arrogance is too high to deal w/ your fans inpatientness then hell lets just wait til someone else release...
    You don't have to read his blog
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-07-11 02:57 AM
    ^ This thread was posted to spark these kinds of remarks. Look at the original news... "I know something" "I talk to him" Knowledge is power... fact...
    pLeAsE UsE cOrReCt GrAmMeR.

I can't even understand this statement.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    What a ******, ya ppl should leave him alone, but how busy can a 12 yr old be who has more time being summer. Aside from nothin.

Could just be a tactic. Im gonna photoshop Cydia in on my fone and let the world now so maybe Apple. Inc will make a move and we will get a JB out of all this. Anyway... selfish if you ask me. Would have been ok if he hadnt said anything, but since he opened his mouth and then said hes not releasing. Grow up!
    2010-07-11 02:59 AM

had to google them but here they are for those of you that have been staring too.
    ^ This thread was posted to spark these kinds of remarks. Look at the original news... "I know something" "I talk to him" Knowledge is power... fact...
    Bollox
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    Can someone tell me how to jailbreak my iPhone 4?
    Yes, I can tell you but it will cost you....1billionsmoshmillionzillian dollars.
    HUH? "mosh" That must be a lot. Shoot just pay for the one that people are using in EU. I think its only 50 Euro... LMAO...
    You can jailbreak you iphone it just takes a little time with the current software out. We don't need him to release it now....do we? Why do you want 4.0 so bad anyways people? isn't 3.1.2 good enough?
    2010-07-11 03:00 AM
    The dev team has made multiple posts telling people not to ask for an ETA. Why is there such a doublestandard for the two?
    Again, if you want to discuss things with me, don't quote me out of context please.

There is a huge difference behind the devs motives for posting a pic or proof then Geohotz motive. Maybe you have not been reading this thread all the way through. The reason people are annoyed with geohotz, is because he brags with no intent to do anything. Then has the audacity to say don't ask. Thats bs, of course people will ask if you dangle something in their faces. Not sure what part of this you are missing?
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-07-11 03:02 AM
    | while ago I couldnt decide if Geohot was on Apple's payroll or if he was just a ******bag.

Since this guy posts material that would normally make people ask for a release date, and then ***** and moan about people asking for a release date, he's really just a ******bag. He's an incredibly intelligent and smart ******bag, but a ******bag nonetheless.

I could care less when he decides to drop a JB. I'm good either way, Just sayin.
    2010-07-11 03:05 AM
    you are accusing Geo of audacity?

My posts are out of order - but seriously?

Get a life.
    Last edited by confucious; 2010-07-11 at 03:08 AM.
    2010-07-11 03:06 AM
    Can't we all just get along!!!! Your tearing this family apart!!!!!!
    2010-07-11 03:08 AM
    you are accusing Geo of audacity?

My posts are out of order - but seriously?

Get a life.
    Good point, what was I thinking? Thats a given with his history ....lol

edit:

I hope your get a life comment was not directed at me? I have been nothing but civil to you in this discussion.
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2010-07-11 at 03:13 AM.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-07-11 03:10 AM
    And another for being a ******. I'm not the one to talk about someone but don't be a jerk about it.
    And yet you show your hypocrisy in just two sentences!

What's the deal today? This is like the fifth person I've came across today who makes a broad swooping declaration and then contradicts themselves by the end of the same paragraph.

Would have been ok if he hadnt said anything, but since he opened his mouth and then said hes not releasing. Grow up!
    Really? That kind of logic works for you? Things are okay with you if you have no knowledge of their existence? My how passive of you.

Again, if you want to discuss things with me, don't quote me out of context please.

There is a huge difference behind the devs motives for posting a pic or proof then Geohotz motive. Maybe you have not been reading this thread all the way through. The reason people are annoyed with geohotz, is because he brags with no intent to do anything. Then has the audacity to say don't ask. Thats bs, of course people will ask if you dangle something in their faces. Not sure what part of this you are missing?
    As I already stated, there is no reason for him to do anything with his exploit at this juncture. It's long been public knowledge that Comex is releasing a jailbreak for this so why would Geohot waste his exploit on the same OS version? Why bother asking him when he's releasing it if there is absolutely no benefit to him releasing it at all? For that matter, him releasing it would be a negative for the jailbreak community as he would be uselessly exposing another exploit.

This would be like a kid nagging his mother to go and get pizza for dinner when they both are already well aware that the father is on his way home with a pizza as they speak.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-07-11 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-11 03:18 AM
    As I already stated, there is no reason for him to do anything with his exploit at this juncture. It's long been public knowledge that Comex is releasing a jailbreak for this so why would Geohot waste his exploit on the same OS version? Why bother asking him when he's releasing it if there is absolutely no benefit to him releasing it at all? For that matter, him releasing it would be a negative for the jailbreak community as he would be uselessly exposing another jailbreak.

This would be like a kid nagging his mother to go and get pizza for dinner when they both are already well aware that the father is on his way home with a pizza as they speak.
    I couldn't said any better.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2010-07-11 03:21 AM
    I couldn't said any better.
    Then you know what to do
    2010-07-11 03:22 AM
    what a hero hahahah
    2010-07-11 03:22 AM
575 ... 6141516171826 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD