I'm not bothered about iphone 4 jailbreak because I'm not getting one till my contracts up next month. But for geohot to complain about people messaging him for a jailbreak WTF does he expect when he's made himself so famous from his Jailbreaks?
    2010-07-12 12:12 PM
    Make a video to prove it
    1/What would be the point. Not many people can hack phones. Why would you question a person that has proven himself previously.
    2/ if he did make a video and it was legit, then what?
    Last edited by Dj Meltdown; 2010-07-12 at 12:22 PM.
    2010-07-12 12:13 PM
    He doesn't want too.
    He has done what he wanted to and people that know him have no doubt that if he says he has done it then he has.
    I'm sure he doesn't care if you believe him or not.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-07-12 12:19 PM
    ^Well said
    Last edited by Dj Meltdown; 2010-07-12 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Error
    2010-07-12 12:21 PM
    So now this has turned into not believing he jb his iPhone 4? Lmao. Wow.
    2010-07-12 12:50 PM
    So now this has turned into not believing he jb his iPhone 4? Lmao. Wow.
    Pretty funny huh? I don't understand how people can doubt him? They must have forgotten about his previous release.
    2010-07-12 12:53 PM
    The real problem is that people want the jailbreak so bad, that they are acting like kids playing true or dare... To see if he just to prove release it and then they have what they want... This is so imature! I'm been following hacking since 2007 when everything started never imagine this was giong to turn out like this...
    2010-07-12 01:04 PM
    It doesn't matter his reasoning behind not releasing the mod. If he were the only one with it then it would be another story altogether. He knows that Comex is on the job and that is why he could care less. People whining here will change their tune as soon as Apple flips the script(and they will) with a new hinderance to jailbreaking and then Geo steps up to the plate and knocks it out of the park. Again.
    2010-07-12 03:29 PM
    GeoHot, you ROCK!

I appreciate your effort to create a jailbreak for iPhone 4. You do not owe ANYTHING to any of these unappreciative pricks who are spewing sh*t because they want you to 'give' them something for nothing. I wouldn't blame you if you just said "F*** It.... Build your own G** damn Jailbreak you f***ing ingrates." It shocks me to see how many of these a-holes are questioning your efforts or motivation.

... WILL YOU PEOPLE PLEASE JUST SHUT UP AND LET THE MAN WORK!.... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.... BUILD YOUR OWN!!!!

I for one, do not have the knowledge or the skill to do it myself!!! Could any of you people do it? Of course not!

GeoHot, Please disregard these hypocrites and succeed in your own time, in your own way. Best of luck to you.
    Great POST!!!!
    2010-07-12 03:34 PM
    The Dev Team do not make any money from it - they do it for fun.
    Not everyone is as greedy as you.
    This is true confucious? They make no money from it at all?

And the ad and store revenue from cydia goes where? Or the ads just to the right of me, on the "Mod My I" website? Yes people are making money from this.

Regardless, I think you are misunderstanding. I would like someone who is NOT doing it for fun to do this. Treat it like something professional. Yes i would pay for this, and a lot of other people would too.

Greedy is all the people waiting for a free jailbreak, so they can go to apptrackr and download pirated apps. I sir, am willing to pay.

The whole business of 3rd party apps are getting too big for millions of people to rely on a crew of people known only by their aliases.
    2010-07-12 03:36 PM
    The Dev Team don't.
    Saurik makes money from adds and the sale of apps on cydia - but I'm not sure he makes enough to cover the costs of the servers needed to run cydia and back up the millions of blobs he has on file.
    ModMyI is not run by the Dev Team.

You want to pay someone to hack? Good luck to you.
    I'm sure you can find someone to sell you a JB / Unlock. It will, of course have come from either the Dev Team or Geohot, but don't let that stop you.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-07-12 03:46 PM
    The Dev Team don't.
    Saurik makes money from adds and the sale of apps on cydia - but I'm not sure he makes enough to cover the costs of the servers needed to run cydia and back up the millions of blobs he has on file.
    ModMyI is not run by the Dev Team.

You want to pay someone to hack? Good luck to you.
    I'm sure you can find someone to sell you a JB / Unlock. It will, of course have come from either the Dev Team or Geohot, but don't let that stop you.
    Okay sorry if you are taking offence. Obviously I am barking up the wrong tree.

I am not looking for a fraudster to re-sell me a free jailbreak. I am saying there is a much larger picture here. The sheer volume of JB users means there is the demand for real services. Not hackers doing it for fun. So long as it is handled by an amateur team, it will always be looked at as a hack, by apple and by the rest of the world.

Yes the jailbreak is required, and even in a business sense, it will likely ALWAYS be free. There are lots of devs not getting paid for themes, MyWi, etc and yes, Saurik's servers until a JB is released. They HAVE to release a JB, and if they don't, the pot will dry up, so to speak.

There is a real demand for offerings beyond the app store. I don't think Rock is the answer.

I guess I would hope at some point in time the dev team get smart, get some business sense and legitimize what they have. Or someone else will do it instead. The volume of users speaks for itself.
    2010-07-12 04:28 PM
    Everybody makes money! Now if ur not geo boss, then you have no voice of opinion to him on what you think he should be doing...we are nothing but an audience waiting to see what happens...so wait and stop complaining..if u don't like the movie then leave
    2010-07-12 04:40 PM
    Comex will release the JB when the time is right - he accepts donations.
    The Dev Team got smart and decided from the beginning not too accept donations. The Dev Team blog is an add free site and will remain so.
    2010-07-12 04:41 PM
    This thread is heading in every direction now.

With all this drama going on, I'm happily waiting on the dev team and/or comex for a jailbreak. When Geohot isn't surrounded by drama, he seems to start all the drama himself, just to get attention.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.
    2010-07-12 05:01 PM
    Yeap just attention, like we hasn't be able to do anything else the he has to post a fake picture, the funny part is he accepts is a fake picture lol

"Also, to the haters, the picture is quite obviously fake "
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ
    2010-07-12 05:03 PM
    Well he basically said it...get off his jock on asking for release dates and demanding...that's what he wants then let's move on people...crying, sobbing and criticism isn't gonna help, just let him be and let's look out for comex release
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-07-12 at 05:17 PM.
    2010-07-12 05:10 PM
    GeoHotz for High School Prez!
    2010-07-12 05:21 PM
    DevTeam for life. Have never used any other jailbreak from anyone else on my device. Never will.
    2010-07-12 05:45 PM
    Okay sorry if you are taking offence. Obviously I am barking up the wrong tree.

I am not looking for a fraudster to re-sell me a free jailbreak. I am saying there is a much larger picture here. The sheer volume of JB users means there is the demand for real services. Not hackers doing it for fun. So long as it is handled by an amateur team, it will always be looked at as a hack, by apple and by the rest of the world.

Yes the jailbreak is required, and even in a business sense, it will likely ALWAYS be free. There are lots of devs not getting paid for themes, MyWi, etc and yes, Saurik's servers until a JB is released. They HAVE to release a JB, and if they don't, the pot will dry up, so to speak.

There is a real demand for offerings beyond the app store. I don't think Rock is the answer.

I guess I would hope at some point in time the dev team get smart, get some business sense and legitimize what they have. Or someone else will do it instead. The volume of users speaks for itself.
    I'm sure Apple wouldn't mind having a company like this existing. Sounds like you have a great idea, you should probably take the next couple of weeks off of work, create a business model, and then start seeking out some venture capital.
    2010-07-12 07:20 PM
575 ... 152324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD