I'm quite happy with AT&T too... Never get dropped calls or poor service... PLUS I speed tested it against a verizon droid, & my AT&T iPhone was consistently 4 X faster!! Their 3G is almost as fast as sprints "4G"
    2010-07-12 07:26 AM
    People, people, people.

There is a simple fix to all this. Get another phone on another network. Seems simple enough to me. You don't HAVE TO have an "iPhone." It's a luxury purchase. The incredible is a really good phone. Try that. I hear the EVO is good. Try that.

If you "choose" to purchase an iPhone, accept the terms, or just don't buy one.

There you have it, lawsuit settled, world returned to normal.
    2010-07-12 07:30 AM
    edit

Using Simple Mobile i have full signal all the time fast internet data all for 60 dollars jajaja im living the life on my iphone 3GS
    That's what most of my people here in St Louis use. Works pretty damn good.
    this sounds very interesting to me but I thought Iphone's 3g capability would not work outside of ATT network. Does Simple Mobile offer unlimited data without any kind of caps?

very...very interesting!!!! hmmm!!!
    Last edited by swifty7; 2010-07-12 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-12 07:51 AM
    Difference is in Europe there is a specific law. In the US there isn't. Perhaps there should be.
    And there is only 2 ways to get it that way. Lobby congress to change the law or file suit and have the courts change the law. That's how this country works. People complaining that someone is exercising their constitutional rights are down right unpatriotic.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw
    2010-07-12 08:02 AM
    One of my relatives got hired as an intern with Apple in cupertino and he said that Steve Jobs confirmed iPhone starting with Verizon starting Jan 7th or Jan 21st of 2010..... You can totally quote me on this!
    2010-07-12 08:05 AM
    One of my relatives got hired as an intern with Apple in cupertino and he said that Steve Jobs confirmed iPhone starting with Verizon starting Jan 7th or Jan 21st of 2010..... You can totally quote me on this!
    jan 7th and 21st is long gone. unless he got hired before iphone 4 came out. did u mean 2011?
    2010-07-12 08:34 AM
    Im on tmobile with an unlocked iphone 3G and thats how I roll. I would only go to att because I am tired of waiting for JB/unlock think ultrasnow 0.93 was the longest wait for 5 months to unlock a 3G. Too Long to have a iphone touch IMHO
    2010-07-12 08:36 AM
    Using Simple Mobile i have full signal all the time fast internet data all for 60 dollars jajaja im living the life on my iphone 3GS
    man ur living in the stone age with ur 3Gs iPhone 4 is the way to go dontcha know?
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck
    2010-07-12 10:08 AM
    Or another option. Take them to court and win a victory for consumers everywhere. "Whiny b!tches" Made this country great you freaking idiot. Independence, civil rights, suffrage, environmental and consumer protections yup all "Whiny B!ches".
    "Whiny b!tchs" didn't make this country great, they made this country hated by all the rest of the world. "Brave People" on the other hand stood up for things that mattered, things such as suffrage, liberty, and justice. I hardly find it justified to complain about a product that happens to only be sold under one service carrier. Like many others have said, does that mean Sprint's EVO should be turned over to other networks, or Verizon's Droid lineup go to any other network, which by the way both are not designed to work with ATT's network (CDMA vs SIM). This whole law suit is a bunch of BS. Just because a product is so hugely successful after another carrier passed it up doesn't mean everyone's entitled to a handout. Yeah sure, it'd be nice if it were on other networks, HOWEVER, no one is entitled to it. You have a choice as to whether to get it or not. Choose. This is exactly like the lawsuit towards McDonald's making people fat. You don't like the results of a fat/calorie induced burger, go somewhere else like Subway! People complain way too much. Everyone's entitled to everything nowadays. So sad.

I don't know why people keep comparing this to the Sprint EVO, sidekick, or Moto Droid. For one T-Mobile will unlock your phone once you have fulfilled a portion of your contract so the Sidekick does not compare to this. The EVO and Droid do not compare to this also because all of the 4 major carriers have Android phones so you do have options if you want an Android phone. With the iPhone you are stuck period unless you jailbreak or unlock, even if you have fulfilled your contract and you own the phone. They want to force you to stay on their network and to pay their outrageous international roaming fee's. So please do explain how this compares to the EVO or Droid.
    Just because all of the other 4 carriers have Android phones doesn't justify the EVO only being available on one network if we're comparing this to the whole iPhone exclusivity situation. The EVO is a far superior phone to that of the rest of the Android family, it has 4g compatibility, it has an 8 megapixel camera on the back with a high quality front facing camera, and a larger screen. So where's my EVO on Verizon or TMobile? I want the highest resolution pictures possible and video chat capability on the Verizon network, so I'll sue Sprint for the EVO! That's the kind of 'reasoning' being used here. It doesn't add up. There is another alternative, get the service you want by buying a different phone on a different network and get an iPod Touch if you really hate ATT that much.
    Last edited by nightsoarer; 2010-07-12 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-12 11:15 AM
    I hate people for dumb law suits like this...No one if FORCING you to get the iPhone so why is there this need to sue these two companies..Ohh because someone came up with the brilliant idea that there could be money made on this...good reason!
    2010-07-12 01:53 PM
    this is stupid. Every carrier has exclusives
    Really?
    2010-07-12 03:01 PM
    To All you At&T customers let me tell you this..I had the first GEN iphone "2G". and I have the unlimited data/text for $40. Recently I upgraded to the iphone 4. They FORCED me to upgrade my unlimited Data to $30 and Unlimited text to $20 for a total of $50. That's $10 more for data then my old plan. They claim my iphone 4 runs on different frequency so they had to change my data plan. I argue and complain asking why do I need to change my data. My data says iphone unlimited data/text for $40 not iphone umlimited edge for $40 or iphone 2g for $40. Once again it says IPHONE UNLIMITED DATA/TEXT for $40 which means ALL IPHONES etc....They finally change my unlimited data/text plan back to $40 and now my data plan is back to normal. This is why they are being sued, just because you used a type of phone they force you to pay for data and change data rates depending on iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs or iphone 4 data rates are different. IS THIS FAIR?
    2010-07-12 03:32 PM
    Down here in the good ole south US, T-Mobile and Verison suck a big fat one. That's y I never cared if the iPhone was on any other carriers, I'd still have AT&T, because they're the best in my area. But I do agree it is bullsh!t that apple won't allow u to unlock it even after your contract is up. Take the chains off of us apple!! We already have Obama tryin to be our daddy we don't need another one!!!!
    2010-07-12 03:49 PM
    I don't think it's fair to sue over the supposed monopoly fact. How is it a monopoly anyway? It's not like Apple is the only one making cell phones and AT&T is the only wireless provider...

The only part I agree with is the refusal to unlock the phone. I think they are within their right to not do it if you duck out of contract early, but if you last 2 years, then you've paid for the phone and honored the contract, the phone is yours. AT&T will unlock other phones, but Apple actually claims ownership of the phone even though you bought it, and they are the company that decides about unlocking you phone.

I would be interested to see what would happen if someone in the US bought a phone in a part of the world where they come factory unlocked and had a warranty and all, and sent it to Apple for repair. I bet the phone would come back locked! And if they took it to the store for repair I bet they would refuse!
    2010-07-12 05:13 PM
    Well let's all keep whining about it so all the fat cats in the corporate Apple and AT&T can continue laughing at us behind their mahogany desks.

If you really wanna hit 'em where it hurts (their wallets) then someone needs to organize an all-out boycott against Apple, AT&T, and their products. Granted that's a huge undertaking of a national scale and would probably not happen, but if it ever did then that would seriously pecker-slap some sense into these big wigs when all of a sudden their profits take a dump from lack of customers.

It's not the easiest way to get their attention, but it certainly would be one of the most effective. Because right now they are just pointing and laughing at you......all of you who whine and piss and moan about their business practices. They have expert lawyers I'm sure that would appeal and delay this case into oblivion. They don't care about you.....they don't care about any of you or what you want. It's about what THEY want and what makes them richer. So either do something measurable about it or just stfu and deal with it.....because it's not going to change. Not for a long time.
    2010-07-12 05:41 PM
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!

************* D R O I D *****************

This is kinda like a parting gift! I love it! It would be so cool if it pays for my Dinc.........
    2010-07-12 06:15 PM
    Clearly, in the camp of the detractors, there are some serious reading comprehension problems.

For the most part, the proponents of this suit have made no complaint that the iPhone is offered on one carrier in the United States. If you will all read the posts again, slowly and carefully, you will see this is so. That is not what this suit is, or should be about.

The complaint is that Apple and ATT, after all contractual obligations are finished, refuse to unlock the iPhone, which is in fact designed to work on other carriers.

Whether any other carrier in the US is worth using is not argued here. Whether other carriers have exclusive phones is not argued here. Only what Apple/ATT do after you have established ownership of the phone is argued.

Some of you have argued "Apple designed and made the iPhone, and if they only want it used with ATT, they can do that!"

Really?

How many of you that have either made that argument or stand behind it, are in fact jailbreakers and/or unlockers?

That fact alone means you don't entirely support your own arguments.

But forget that for a minute. Let's take a walk in Imaginationland.

Let's say that somehow, someday, in a US Federal Court, Apple were to get a judge to agree that jailbreaking and unlocking violate the DMCA. An injunction would be issued, wiping out the Dev Team's work. Suddenly, finding JB tools would be much more difficult.

Try to articulate your idea that since Apple designed and made the iPhone, that they can do what they want. Clearly, they want the iPhone to not be jailbroken.

Go ahead. I look forward to your responses.
    2010-07-12 06:28 PM
    That is such a touchy subject. I personally believe if you possess something, you should be able to do whatever the hell you want to it.
    2010-07-12 06:35 PM
    jan 7th and 21st is long gone. unless he got hired before iphone 4 came out. did u mean 2011?
    Damn..... Yeah I did mean 2011
    Last edited by Niks2481; 2010-07-12 at 06:43 PM.
    2010-07-12 06:41 PM
    I'm glad that in Canada, I had a choice of a provider for my iPhone.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.
    2010-07-12 06:51 PM
138 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD