You guys are all terrible.

I don't care if geohot was the most obnoxious person on the face of the planet. I don't care if he was annoying, egotistical or any of the other complaints in this thread. The fact of the matter is that he worked hard to deliver free (as in food) jailbreaks to a community of total ingrates. He was altruistic in his efforts, never demanded a penny, and got treated like crap for it.

This is a perfect example of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons"]the tragedy of the commons [/ame].
    2010-07-13 03:53 PM
    dont blame him at all. you bought it on yourselves kiddies.
    3gs 16gb 4.0 pwnagetooled. macbook pro 2.33ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. imac 20" 2ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. and a mini 10 dell for those times when i have to use a pc.
    2010-07-13 03:53 PM
    after reading all the bs this is not really that serious he doesnt want to release a jb fine that his choice his past work is inspiring and he has paved the way for new cats to do their thing so all you people that are crying and cant jb a dam thing hell yall even need help from people to do a spirit jb .."lol" dont take the time to learn but criticize go to hell and as for geohot., do you! good luck and now on to pressing matters who got the new jb for IO4 .......
    2010-07-13 03:54 PM
    Power Trip!
    2010-07-13 03:54 PM
    What would you do if every-other person was hounding you for a jailbreak, or how to do this, please help me. That would have drove me nuts! A lot of the people want things handed to them, and are affraid to read a bit. This is a loss to the community, he's a smart cookie and made our lives a lot easier. But too people nagging and b1+c#ing about a release, he just got fed up, and I would have done the same thing.

Take care GeoHot (aka George Hotz)!
    2010-07-13 03:55 PM
    You guys are all terrible.

I don't care if geohot was the most obnoxious person on the face of the planet. I don't care if he was annoying, egotistical or any of the other complaints in this thread. The fact of the matter is that he worked hard to deliver free (as in food) jailbreaks to a community of total ingrates. He was altruistic in his efforts, never demanded a penny, and got treated like crap for it.

This is a perfect example of the tragedy of the commons .
    for some reason now I'm humming"I think you better call tyroooooone"(the song)

Blah blah yes he is a "hero" but who asked him to get in and start JAILBREAKING?Was it you?Anyone in particular here?Actions come with REactions and it's extremely obvious he never saw this coming,as smart as he is,ya dig?
    2010-07-13 03:58 PM
    Jailbreaking is so "easy" that George had to go to the trouble of creating a photo of a fake jailbreak and putting it onto an iphone 4, etc.

Something doesn't smell right here.

I think what happened was, George met his match with iOS4. And rather than ever admit defeat, he decided to pretend it was beneath him, by taking his ball and going home. I think his plan was to string folks along for as long as he could, but the second it was deduced that the photo was a fake, he knew he had very little time and realized his best course of action was pull a very public disappearing act.

We forget sometimes that though he's a coding genius, George is a young guy and frankly, kind of a dumb guy. I can see this as being just the sort of maneuver that someone who's great with computers but terrible with people might pull.

Either way- good riddance. Let's leave jailbreaking to people who belong to the community, rather than those that merely tolerate it.
    2010-07-13 04:02 PM
    meh...
    2010-07-13 04:03 PM
    There are alot of ungrateful people out there. Most do not have a tiny bit of the knowledge needed to unlock a phone, yet they come down on him like if he owes them something. GEO, you are a bad *** and all these haters will miss you when they can't unlock their phones. Good luck, your phone can probably stop going off every split second from every tweet you were getting.
    Last edited by Ticozx; 2010-07-13 at 04:09 PM.
    2010-07-13 04:07 PM
    Like I said on another forum:

Geohot stopped being super relevant when he failed at releasing an unthethered 3GS and iPod touch 3G jailbreak.

Spirit beat him and now he's no longer king so he fakes a shot of a jb iPhone 4, gets called on it and quits.

Very mature.
    2010-07-13 04:07 PM
    wrong topic
    Last edited by JLHardesty; 2010-07-13 at 04:12 PM.
    2010-07-13 04:10 PM
    I miss the days of the first JB, when everyone helped and people just waited for stuff to come out.
    2010-07-13 04:12 PM
    is he really ******** about the people in the iphone community who want an unlock/jailbreak? Who cares if it isn't hard to do anymore. If I knew a way to go from typing in a bunch of code in terminal to making a program with a single click of a button to jailbreak my phone (aka what geohot did) then I would've done it too... i'm very thankful for all that he has done but REALLY?? you quit because people bitched and asked you for release dates??? i'm baffled... if you didn't want a twitter public account for people to follow you about jailbreak updates then why did you make one???
    2010-07-13 04:13 PM
    The guy is a genius!! I wish he would stay and just ignore the stupid people... but I'm sure he has bigger fish to fry.

Thank him for all the hard work he's done in moving the JB community into what it is today.
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

2010-07-13 04:15 PM
    Later, ******bag. You won't be missed.
    2010-07-13 04:15 PM
    Please this is just what SHE wants.. drama drama drama...

All she ever did was want to create drama with her posts, comments and crying over people not giving her enough attention..

for the jailbreak world - there will be less nobs about with broken 'blackra1n' ipods/iphone.. Geohot can go back to her career - maybe enter Rupaul's drag race or bigbrother to create some more drama..
    2010-07-13 04:16 PM
    Damn. :/ aaah well, we have many others
    Last edited by Johnnee; 2010-07-13 at 04:21 PM.
    2010-07-13 04:18 PM
    Go comex!!
    2010-07-13 04:20 PM
    Geohot JB his phone but the haters will never believe it.
    There was no point in him releasing because Commex will release his when the time is right.
    Now planetbeing has unlocked the iPhone 4 are people going to start hating him and MuscleNerd because they wont release NOW! ?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-07-13 04:20 PM
    Peace out Geo.....now he can make the next Harry Potter movie in peace
    Lollllllll he does look like Harry potter... What a waste of donation... But it's all good... Good luck geo potter
    2010-07-13 04:21 PM
525 ... 2101112131422 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD