4.0.1 Does not solve the proximity sensor issues
    For you?

Many users are reporting otherwise.
    2010-07-16 12:34 AM
    i have a 3g so i decided to update and guess what, i actually have worse service than i did before. i think this new mathematics crap they added to "fix" the signal issue is doing more harm. downgrading to 4.0 as we speak.
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.
    2010-07-16 12:37 AM
    For you?

Many users are reporting otherwise.
    Is my software any different then anyone elses?
    2010-07-16 12:38 AM
    i have a 3g so i decided to update and guess what, i actually have worse service than i did before. i think this new mathematics crap they added to "fix" the signal issue is doing more harm. downgrading to 4.0 as we speak.
    That's exactly what it was intended for. To more accurately indicate your signal strength. If you have less bars than before you updated it does exactly what it's supposed to.
    2010-07-16 12:40 AM
    Jailbreak please
    2010-07-16 12:41 AM
    That's exactly what it was intended for. To more accurately indicate your signal strength. If you have less bars than before you updated it does exactly what it's supposed to.
    ok if thats really what its is supposed to do then how is it that on 4.0 i had full service but 4.0.1 i have one bar on 3g? theres a big gap from full service to one bar and calling it an accurate indication.
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.
    2010-07-16 12:43 AM
    Is my software any different then anyone elses?
    Why don't you settle down there, Ace?

It was a simple question. I'll take it as a yes.

However, and again, many users are reporting otherwise.

Glad I could help. You may wanna go for a walk.
    2010-07-16 12:43 AM
    Your service isn't any better or worse. It's just that now, your iPhone doesn't incorrectly show better reception than it really gets.

In other words, your reception is the same. Before the update, the bars weren't telling the truth. Now they are.
    2010-07-16 12:44 AM
    Now that I think about it, since the blobs for 4.0 and 4.0.1 seem to be identical, does it even matter if you just save blobs for 4.0.1?
    2010-07-16 12:45 AM
    all my blogs are save as of last nite.......
    This was just funny...
    2010-07-16 12:49 AM
    Your service isn't any better or worse. It's just that now, your iPhone doesn't incorrectly show better reception than it really gets.

In other words, your reception is the same. Before the update, the bars weren't telling the truth. Now they are.
    having 4.0.1 going to cydia and let itself update and close i kept getting connection timed out. downgrade to 4.0 no problems what so ever with connection time outs in cydia. so to say that my reception is the same just displayed differently is incorrect. that may be what they say it does but there is a obvious reception issue with my phone and 4.0.1
    2010-07-16 12:53 AM
    Can anyone put pic of new bars so we can see. Thanks

Just took them out of their wrappers, so they're the NEWEST bars I could find. Granola anyone?
    2010-07-16 12:55 AM
    having 4.0.1 going to cydia and let itself update and close i kept getting connection timed out. downgrade to 4.0 no problems what so ever with connection time outs in cydia. so to say that my reception is the same just displayed differently is incorrect. that may be what they say it does but there is a obvious reception issue with my phone and 4.0.1
    So you're saying that within the last 20 minutes since your initial post that you've ALREADY completely downgraded back to 4.0? Really...
    2010-07-16 12:57 AM
    So I'm on iPod touch (spirit jb) 3.1.3...haven't gone to 4.0 because I'm awaiting jb...will this update bring me to 4.0 or 4.0.1??
    2010-07-16 12:58 AM
    Why the hell did they update the ipad? I have no "Death Grip" issue?
    hahahaha. This is free entertainment! This thread is GOLD.
    2010-07-16 01:00 AM
    The reception your phone is showing on 4.0.1 is the correct reception. this is why they released this update. 4.0 displayed full bars even though the db reading was lower.
    2010-07-16 01:01 AM
    For those asking about the proximity issue and this new update here is an interesting read Apple - Support - Discussions - Proximity Sensor Resolution is here!! ... I will update later.
    2010-07-16 01:01 AM
    Updated my Iphone 4 no problem. No reason not to updage at this point because there is no need to worry about a jailbreak or unlock since one doesn't exist.

One is being worked on obviously, but to release a jailbreak for an outdated OS (4.0) is pointless now. They have to work with what Apple gives them and find ways around whatever they've put into place with 4.0.1 and the coming 4.1.

It would be different if the jailbreak is already released....but it isn't.

Time to start over.
    2010-07-16 01:02 AM
    Absolutely horrible advice. Too bad you can't neg a comment here.

If you update to 4.0.1 your modem firmware will most likely be updated as well and then there goes any unlock for awhile.
    In case this was released after you posted your comment..you can now see in the post..."Comex has confirmed there is NO baseband update in 4.0.1. You can update if you wish, but really there is no point unless you have an iPhone 4 and want these new "bigger bars". Either way, just don't do it. " If you have iPhone 4 you can upgrade and then you can also SHSH your 4.0.1 BLOBS with tiny umbrella
    2010-07-16 01:04 AM
    Apple stopped signing 4.0 already!!! Hope you guys got your SHSHs on file!
    Wrong! 4.0 Blobs still online at 7:07pm est. Get it done now!!!!
    2010-07-16 01:09 AM
527 ... 6141516171826 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD