I will not update my iPad or my iphone4,No thank you apple lol.
    2010-07-15 09:35 PM
    I'm receiving my iPhone 4 tonight. Will I be forced to upgrade when I sync it?
    I am wondering the same thing. I am getting my 16gb iphone 4 tomorrow. Will I be able to stay on 4.0 or will I be force into 4.0.1?
    2010-07-15 09:36 PM
    Can anyone put pic of new bars so we can see. Thanks
    Page 6
    2010-07-15 09:36 PM
    multier-multi-tasking.

Hahaha!
    2010-07-15 09:38 PM
    It's safe to update to iOS4.0.1 because there is no baseband update
    You do it and let us know how it went for you when you can't jailbreak for a long time to come lol
    This is good news in my eyes, if the dev team was really waiting for the 4.0.1 update to release the jailbreak for the devices...they will now finally release it and we can all have fun!

I must agree.
    i just saved mine still using Apples server.
    2010-07-15 09:39 PM
    So is it ok to upgrade to 4.0.1 and then backup my shsh? I'm sooo confused?!
    2010-07-15 09:39 PM
    Can anyone put pic of new bars so we can see. Thanks
    Search through this thread, someone has already done so.

I just saved my shsh from the Apple server. Its 2:40pm CST.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.
    2010-07-15 09:40 PM
    For everyone who does not understand or is new to the JB scene:

There is something fishy about this update. Whether you need Jailbreak or Unlock don't expect a release anytime soon. Chances are they baited this 4.0.1 out for the devteam to release the jailbreak so they can immediately patch in 4.1. Stay away from the upgrade until further notice.
    Why do you people think apple is out to attack? lmao Im sure they are to some degree but lets take a look at reality....

Apple has a major problem with this reception issue, its ruining their whole image... They are pushing this update before Friday so that ON Friday they can say they already fixed the issue.
    Common sense.

Maybe the extra MB in the fw is tons of new configurations of how the phone handles the network and gets service. Maybe it fixes the tons of bugs that are in 4.0 that Apple doesn't want to admit are there but just fix under the scenes. (what else is new)

lol but everyone can think its a conspiracy against the JB community.
    Lord jesus you are so uneducated on the whole jailbreak/iPhone scene. Its people like you that drove Geo Hot out of the scene completely.
    Yes, my knowledge that programmers don't sit on their *** waiting for exploits and do nothing until then drove him away. Not the 5,000 people going OMG RELEASE IT ALREADY.

My god you are dense. Seriously, what the **** do you think the developers have been doing since the last write of the baseband? Show up to work everyday and play Angry Birds waiting on the Dev-Team to show their exploit? Or do you possibly think they have been spending the weeks/months since then going "OK, let's see what we can do to make it more secure and better."
    Would it be best to update and save the blobs before anothe update? Not updating till y'all day so
    2010-07-15 09:42 PM
    So is it ok to upgrade to 4.0.1 and then backup my shsh? I'm sooo confused?!
    i'll stay on 4.0 just to be on the safe side unless you're a risk taker
    2010-07-15 09:42 PM
    Would it be best to update and save the blobs before anothe update? Not updating till y'all day so
    just save them and dont update. whats the worst that could happen? you can always update later. if not it could be too late
    2010-07-15 09:43 PM
    I feel like an ***. I never thought there would be a 4.0.1 Oh well, stupid fix for the iPhone 4 anyways :-\
    2010-07-15 09:44 PM
    I applied the 4.0.1 update and it fixed my connection issue. I'm getting better reception now. Check out the bars.

Before

After

Yes, this is a joke and yes, I ripped off that guy's screenshot.
    Why do you people insist on updating? What benefit do you really get besides "im on the newest one?" The bars look absolutely hideous not to mention the hassle of downloading half a gig of BS.

Although confirmed safe, i would just stay on 4.0.
    Guys guy guys CALM DOWN. Jeez, all this frantic talk about SHSH's is just ridiculous. This 4.0.1 update means nothing. Everyone can and SHOULD update to this immediately. There is no reason to be on 4.0 anymore. The jailbreak and unlock was never released, therefore apple had no opportunity to fix either of them in the latest update. Just update and grab your SHSH's when the new jailbreak is out. Or use tiny unbrella.

But to everyone stressed out because they didn't back up their blobs, just calm down. It makes no difference if you did or didn't. This also goes to all of you saying "WHEW GLAD I JUST GOT MY BLOBS BACKED UP". You can calm down too.
    No one should update until we hear some thing from the dev-team,You can calm down too dude lol.
    2010-07-15 09:45 PM
    Yes, my knowledge that programmers don't sit on their *** waiting for exploits and do nothing until then drove him away. Not the 5,000 people going OMG RELEASE IT ALREADY.

My god you are dense. Seriously, what the **** do you think the developers have been doing since the last write of the baseband? Show up to work everyday and play Angry Birds waiting on the Dev-Team to show their exploit? Or do you possibly think they have been spending the weeks/months since then going "OK, let's see what we can do to make it more secure and better."

Cool story. Like I said 3 times earlier, the baseband was NOT updated with this patch. So just stop talking.

And it looks like the devs may have been sipping coffee and playing angry birds because they obviously didnt have time to re-write the baseband this time around. 1 being that it has been like 3 weeks since the iphone 4 was released and 2, well because they don't know what to patch. Its like finding a needle in a haystack. You would know this if you're IQ was above 70.
    So I'm guessing its safe to say this is apple's "response" to the deathgrip, and if we're still experiencing problems, its hardware related -- which will be addressed at tomorrow's conference.
527 ... 67891018 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD