What im worried about is, Apple released 4.0.1 when they were supposed to release 4.1 as that was the beta. They have something up their sleeves.

And i don't want to risk it. I will keep a phone with a case on it to be able to JB and unlock compared to having a New phone with no JB and unlock. For those of you saying a jailbreak will be released after the new phone is released you currently are not up to date with the JB scene. The current exploit the dev team has is a USERLAND exploit which apple already knows about because it is the 3.1.3 and ipad 3.2 untethered jailbreak. And it can be easily patched by them.
    No, YOU are not up to date with the JB scene. The exploit Comex is working on now is a second userland exploit that he has found. It is similar to the original Spirit exploit he found, but is an entirely new exploit itself.
    2010-07-16 12:45 AM
    Well I just ordered mine today (coming from iPhone 3G). Said 7-10 days. Have to see if mine is plagued with the death grip.
    2010-07-16 12:46 AM
    An internal bumper? What colors does it come in?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No
    2010-07-16 01:22 AM
    What im worried about is, Apple released 4.0.1 when they were supposed to release 4.1 as that was the beta. They have something up their sleeves.
    They released the 4.1 beta so developers can update their apps for it before it releases. Give it several weeks, and we'll see 4.1. For now, 4.0.1 is our holdover product.
    2010-07-16 01:26 AM
    PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW APPLE IS TO ANNOUNCE iGlove.
    2010-07-16 01:29 AM
    Y'all see the Droid X activation problems in Verizon today? lol... the data plan is more than 2 hours behind the voice activation so customers are being sent home /hoping/ their data service activates at some point. Just think what would happen if 600,000 of them tried to activate all on the same day... everything would CRASH.. just like AT&T. I can't wait for Verizon to get the iPhone and see their network come to a screeching halt and then all the AT&T haters will realize just how challenging the iPhone game is.
    But this is like the blind laughing at the blind not able to see... When I went to get my Nokia (before iPhone was introduced), AT&T is saying the same thing "wait 2 hours for data". When I got my iPhone 2G same thing, 3G same thing, 3GS same thing again. I just go back to the office and use wifi screw data. They said the same thing at Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile. From my experience every one of these service provider send their customer home hoping the data would work after 2 hours.
    2010-07-16 01:29 AM
    lol I just picked up a new Phone from Apple and they claim Steve Jobs will not be the one presenting the press conference tomorrow. Said it will be someone speaking on his behalf. What kind of crap is that?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did
    2010-07-16 01:52 AM
    Well I just ordered mine today (coming from iPhone 3G). Said 7-10 days. Have to see if mine is plagued with the death grip.
    Taking a chance there aren't you? What was wrong with ur 3G that u couldn't wait to get the 4?
    2010-07-16 01:56 AM
    Putting a bandage on an iPhone 4 stops the death grip issue?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2010-07-16 01:57 AM
    Putting a bandage on an iPhone 4 stops the death grip issue?
    Yes....but there are a few more steps.
    1. You must face toward the south.
    2. Your phone's screen must face the east.
    3. You must use your right hand only.
    4. Based on the number of bars you want:
    A. 1 bar- Stand on one foot.
    B. 2 bars- Stand on your head but still face in the direction explained above.
    C. 3 bars- Sit Indian style and throw salt over your left shoulder while talking on the phone with your right hand.
    D. 4 bars- Kneel before your god and start praying.
    E. 5 bars- Do you believe in fictional characters?
    2010-07-16 02:17 AM
    Yes....but there are a few more steps.
    1. You must face toward the south.
    2. Your phone's screen must face the east.
    3. You must use your right hand only.
    4. Based on the number of bars you want:
    A. 1 bar- Stand on one foot.
    B. 2 bars- Stand on your head but still face in the direction explained above.
    C. 3 bars- Sit Indian style and throw salt over your left shoulder while talking on the phone with your right hand.
    D. 4 bars- Kneel before your god and start praying.
    E. 5 bars- Do you believe in fictional characters?
    This does indeed work. Me and seven friends have sucessful defeated the death grip with these instructions.
    2010-07-16 02:21 AM
    I think Apple should give out free bumpers. Go back to the drawing board and fix the design. Next year, come out with an iPhone 5 and allow everybody to upgrade.
    2010-07-16 02:28 AM
    This does indeed work. Me and seven friends have sucessful defeated the death grip with these instructions.
    Feel free to thank me for the advice. 
    2010-07-16 02:39 AM

I despise CDMA phones regardless... the lack of SIM (to easily swap between phones - let's say you don't want to take your iPhone to the beach, but have a old Razr to use - as an example), the lack of simultaneous voice & data...
    You know, for most people those things are not important, they just want a phone and service that works where they need it to, when they need it to and does what they need it to. I myself am a big techie, but you know the amount of data and voice I do at the same time? Nada, zero, and if a techie doesn't use it at all, how important do you really think it is to the average consumer? As for being able to change out SIM's, how many people actually change their phones enough for that to be an issue? I mean, you can go online and change your ESN with Verizon in a couple of minutes, and it's free and easy to do. Those are neat perks for sure, but game changers for most? Not one bit.

AT&T and Verizon both have their good and bad points, but for my area (Mendocino County, Northwestern California), and for much of the Western US CDMA carriers rule the roost, in my area the top two carriers by far are U.S. Cellular and Verizon, both CDMA, AT&T is a distant third, and outside of major population areas (and even inside some, like L.A., SF, NYC, etc) you will find that true across the West, CDMA has been around longer in the US and simply has more build out, that's not any kind of fan comment, just the facts Ma'am.

So, I'm glad you are thrilled with GSM, and hate CDMA, but it really doesn't apply to most people.
    2010-07-16 02:49 AM
    An internal bumper? What colors does it come in?
    I hope it's pink with some small ribbing on the top that way u know it's in and I hope it increases the signal to the max for full pleasure and use it the way she should be used, hard and long ;-)
    2010-07-16 02:54 AM
    Why not just use a case to fix the "antenna" problem.
    2010-07-16 02:58 AM
    just did update lets see what it duz
    Last edited by stlhorse; 2010-07-16 at 02:30 PM.
    2010-07-16 03:00 AM
    No, YOU are not up to date with the JB scene. The exploit Comex is working on now is a second userland exploit that he has found. It is similar to the original Spirit exploit he found, but is an entirely new exploit itself.
    It is not a SECOND exploit comex in his twitter even said so.
    He said it is possible that apple may patch it because they know of it already.

He is basically porting the exploit to be compatible with iOs 4. Luckily the exploit is still there when it is ported
    2010-07-16 03:01 AM
    either way.. i'll still be within my 30 day return time frame! woo!

suckers!
    2010-07-16 03:11 AM
    I hope it's pink with some small ribbing on the top that way u know it's in and I hope it increases the signal to the max for full pleasure and use it the way she should be used, hard and long ;-)
    thats what she said...
    2010-07-16 03:23 AM
150 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD