Apple should swap out our phones for working ones and a accsesory for free . I call Apple about my death grip problem and they told me to just restore my phone and this was before the update ! The iPhone 4 is cool and all but for the money I spent on this .. I deserve a working phone and a steak .
    2010-07-16 07:44 AM
    OMG only 11 hours to go!!!
    2010-07-16 08:02 AM
    How can you say just buy a case???? I don't want a damn case for my iPhoney to work. You should not have to alter something in any way in order for it to work as advertised. Some of you are just ok with free bumpers?? That's not good enough!!!! Fix the damn phone there is an absolute flaw in the design. I mean c'mon has apple ever produced a case for their iPhone's...NO. They knew about it. Enough said. Fix the damn thing!!! If JB didn't exist I would have to take a break from iPhone along I think with alot of others.
    Thats a great point, who in their right mind would make something up such as a bumper. What is the point? So you don't scratch the metal part, then why not just buy the whole case. I don't buy their idea of saying it gives it a splash of color, theres only one reason to put one of those overpirced rubber bands on and its to try any hide the defect, they should have just priced them at 5.00
    2010-07-16 08:31 AM
    Oh crap I just purchased a monitor and it doesn't work right I hope they send me a picture of a desktop screen shot to tape on it to cover up the real issue

Good god people. Everyone that says they want a free bumper is someone that is to cheap to buy one then selves and are just looking for something for free. Most people already have purchased a case just to protect there phone. But that doesn't excuse the fact that if one day they need to take there phone out of it's case they are going to have issues.

Secondly I do t get "death grip" it really haw nothing to do with gripping the phone. I can replicate the issue with my pinky finger by bridging the to antennas via the bottom left.

I have my appointment set for sat at 1040 to get my phone replaced as my friend just got his replaced and hasn't dropped a call sense. Has no proximity issues and can't get "bars" to drop by bridging the antennas.

Who knows what apple will say tomorrow, I'm very interested to find out.
    2010-07-16 09:04 AM
    im so glad ive waited to get on the i4 Boat... All though im DYING to Have it!!!!!
    2010-07-16 09:17 AM
    this is why i always wait for later models of new devices...
    2010-07-16 09:21 AM
    this is why i always wait for later models of new devices...
    That's the definitive reason huh?
    2010-07-16 09:28 AM
    That band-aid looks ugly, that is why Apple put out the Apple bumper. A band that aides the performance of the iPhone 4.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare
    2010-07-16 11:03 AM
    That's the definitive reason huh?
    So bugs can get sorted out and if there is a problem with a batch of phones then the company can get out and fix them and your not caught in the cross fire and returning things and freaking out because you have passed the return date etc... I waited for the Nintendo DS fat to get updated because the 1st DS fat released a was new product and I was certain that Nintendo would fix things. and they did in a later model. the same goes with any new product
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard
    2010-07-16 12:43 PM
    Thats a great point, who in their right mind would make something up such as a bumper. What is the point? So you don't scratch the metal part, then why not just buy the whole case. I don't buy their idea of saying it gives it a splash of color, theres only one reason to put one of those overpirced rubber bands on and its to try any hide the defect, they should have just priced them at 5.00
    Have you put more than 5 seconds into how the bumper works? Because it does a little more than "stop the metal part from getting scratched". It bumps the iPhone a little meaning that the phone itself is never touching the surface when you lay it done or if it falls. The only time something could be touching your phone with a bumper on is when the phone is in your pocket.

I mean, it's not rocket science. Yes, it's expensive but it's a pretty damn good case that doesn't hide the phone whe giving you protection from falls and scratches.
    2010-07-16 02:05 PM
    Have you put more than 5 seconds into how the bumper works? Because it does a little more than "stop the metal part from getting scratched". It bumps the iPhone a little meaning that the phone itself is never touching the surface when you lay it done or if it falls. The only time something could be touching your phone with a bumper on is when the phone is in your pocket.

I mean, it's not rocket science. Yes, it's expensive but it's a pretty damn good case that doesn't hide the phone whe giving you protection from falls and scratches.
    i completely agree with this. i dont know why everyone thinks the bumper made from apple is crap. i think its the best "case" out there. after having the phone for about a week without any casing ( i had the invisi-shield but was waiting on the bumper) i really like how the phone felt without a case, but even having this bumper it gives you the best of both worlds - the looks, and the protection.
    2010-07-16 03:12 PM

easy.. take it easy killer. You are right it does protect the sides and gives you a lil extra protection so you don't have to hide your phone. With that said I still find the rubberband useless. I would still have drop another 30.00 to cover the phone in that ghost armour or invisible shield, i hate scratches on my phones, i'm not buying that this bumper really gives you much protection either, so it will protect it from scratches when its layin flat or hopefully if you drop it you happen to drop it and it will fall on a soft flat surface.. umm ok I don't buy it but if it works for your then thats awesome. Just my opinion I am allowed to have one of those on here right?
    2010-07-16 03:13 PM
    Better be fixed I don't want a messed up white iPhone
    White=messed up

White is WAY too lady-like for me.
    2010-07-16 03:15 PM
    Bring it!!!!
    2010-07-16 03:16 PM
    i completely agree with this. i dont know why everyone thinks the bumper made from apple is crap. i think its the best "case" out there. after having the phone for about a week without any casing ( i had the invisi-shield but was waiting on the bumper) i really like how the phone felt without a case, but even having this bumper it gives you the best of both worlds - the looks, and the protection.
    Did you keep the invisible shield on? I bet that looks great and with that invisible shield you have no worries for scratches. I hate when that stuff gets old and dirty though.
    2010-07-16 03:16 PM
    I have a black bumper on my phone along with the SGP 'carbon fiber' shield on the back and their clear one on the front. Looks great.

At first I didn't like the bumper because it didn't slide into my front pants pocket as smoothly as my old 3G did. The soft rubber edges of the bumper were 'stickier'. However, I am finding more and more of an advantage to the bumper. It results in the phone staying where I put it, even on a smooth, angled surface it wont slide off.
    2010-07-16 03:36 PM
    Did you keep the invisible shield on? I bet that looks great and with that invisible shield you have no worries for scratches. I hate when that stuff gets old and dirty though.

yeah its still on there. i put that shield on before i even turned the phone on..lol. the only thing that bothered me is that the metal band wasnt protected, which is why i got the bumper. i think i remember seeing some "vinyl" to go around the band. that might be a nice option in case you dont want to use a bumper or case.

the invisi shield has a lifetime warranty, so if it ever gets messed up you just can get a new one. this one i really like, its the first time ive used it and its more of a vinyl. the other screen protectors i used were harder - they would get caught easily in the corners and then i would get the buildup of crap underneath it. dont see that happening with this one. only thing i dont like is that it kind of gives an orange peel look.
    2010-07-16 03:37 PM
    invisible shield sucks! feels rubbery. Threw it in the trash on the 3rd day!
    2010-07-16 03:39 PM
    I see a lot of people saying things like "Whew, thank god I waited" or "Wow, I'm so super cool I didn't get this" etc. etc.

Why does this make you awesome your eyes? Apple is the easiest company to be an early adopter with. Unless it's flat out broken due to your own negligence (like the screen of my 1st Gen iPhone), I've always gotten support from them, in or out of warranty. My Time Capsule went tits up a couple of months ago (the well reported power supply issue) and one call to Apple Care and this well out of warranty item was replaced within 24 hours.

I know it's been the trend to hate Apple lately, and everyone goes all Michael Moore on absolutely everything they say, (and in so many cases, what they don't say) but c'mon guys, this is a company that has a superior track record of standing behind their products. If their is a legit problem with the iPhone 4 hardware, they are going to rectify it. Relax, enjoy the stuff you spent your hard earned money on and see what comes.

Life is way to short to get this worked up over something so relatively insignificant in the greater scope of things. And my god, don't get me started on the amount of time spent complaining by those that don't even own it yet. You've gotta have some serious emptiness in your world to dedicate that much of your life to a product you don't even own.
    2010-07-16 03:42 PM
    Why not just use a case to fix the "antenna" problem.
    if your satisfied with having to use a case just so that your phone gets reception, then good luck too you. the point is that you shouldnt need to use a case in order to get reception. stop settling for less, you pay 400$ for a phone, it better work, and work perfectly.
    2010-07-16 03:45 PM
150 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD