What a mistake on my part, why would anyone sell their old phone, to get the new, top of the line phone when it doesn't cost you anything...
    Well, in case **** goes south you'll have a backup. I gave my Mom my old 3GS AFTER I knew my iPhone 4 was kosher. One should always be prepared for something to go wrong like this, especially if you have a known good phone in hand. Plus, now that this 'problem' is so widespread how much do you think that early bootrom 3GS is worth now? If you sold it to finance the iPhone 4 you've got other problems (notsaying or implying you did).
    2010-07-17 12:17 AM
    I'm wondering if now more people will return their iPhone 4s now that they know Apple has no intent on correcting THEIR mistake?

And no the free bumpers are NOT a solution or a fix.....it's a cover-up. What did those cost Apple to manufacture about 2 bucks?!?
    2010-07-17 12:18 AM
    Will bumpers remain free for life? I want to buy the White iPhone 4, so will I get a free bumper with that?
    As long as yuo buy the iphone 4 beore Sept 30th. After that they will see if they want to still give awaay free cases or come up with a better fix.
    2010-07-17 12:18 AM
    lol

I cant wait for the Jailbreak too much bickering.
    It'll be worse. After the jailbreak there will be ten times as many stupid posts asking how to do something that the answer to is easily found. Happens every jailbreak.
    2010-07-17 12:19 AM
    Study data? You cant read it over for yourself? The only people happy with the free case are people who don't have the problem!
    Read what for myself. Your opinion? It's one-sided and biased because you're unhappy with Apples solution, so instead of choosing from the 3 options you have before you to remedy this situation, you'd rather ***** and cry about it here and "demand" everyone take-up your cause and change Apple's decision because boo-who you don't like it. Not gonna happen, so, get rid of the iPhone and find one that will make you happy. This constant crying is annoying and it wont change anything. If a bumper doesn't fix your problem then act like a grown-up (assuming you are), and correct this personal issue yourself and stop portraying yourself like a baby that dropped his lollipop in the sand.
    2010-07-17 12:20 AM
    I've said it before several times.....if the whole world is so pissed that Apple won't fix it, then why not take them up on their "if u don't like it then return it" attitude and EVERYBODY frickin return the phone that's having the reception issue. I'm sure it's been downplayed and is higher than .5%
    2010-07-17 12:20 AM
    Kind of good news I guess. But I still wonder if maybe the reception issues are only
    in certain areas where AT&T service is not so good. I completely understand an think it's a hardware issue. But I'm wondering if maybe in certain areas the attena is affected by touch. I dunno just a thought
    2010-07-17 12:22 AM
    Read what for myself. Your opinion? It's one-sided and biased because you're unhappy with Apples solution, so instead of choosing from the 3 options you have before you to remedy this situation, you'd rather ***** and cry about it here and "demand" everyone take-up your cause and change Apple's decision because boo-who you don't like it. Not gonna happen, so, get rid of the iPhone and find one that will make you happy. This constant crying is annoying and it wont change anything. If a bumper doesn't fix your problem then act like a grown-up (assuming you are), and correct this personal issue yourself and stop portraying yourself like a baby that dropped his lollipop in the sand.
    Read all of the other people who said they are not happy with this solution. You hate me complaining here but yet you cant stop reading it and responding, keep going buddy. Just wait, you will see, Apple will be forced to provide a real fix. They would not have given away free cases if it wasn't for people complaining.
    2010-07-17 12:23 AM
    I'm wondering if now more people will return their iPhone 4s now that they know Apple has no intent on correcting THEIR mistake?

And no the free bumpers are NOT a solution or a fix.....it's a cover-up. What did those cost Apple to manufacture about 2 bucks?!?
    You can return the product you are unhappy with within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. That's a pretty good solution if I've ever seen one. Don't like it, don't keep it. Applies to almost all consumer products that aren't required to fulfill basic healthy needs. You don't have to have this phone and aren't entitled to have one.
    2010-07-17 12:23 AM
    Kind of good news I guess. But I still wonder if maybe the reception issues are only
    in certain areas where AT&T service is not so good. I completely understand an think it's a hardware issue. But I'm wondering if maybe in certain areas the attena is affected by touch. I dunno just a thought
    Of course it is only for people in certain areas. I recently visited family in another state and the signal was high enough that no matter how I held it I could not get it to drop the 5th bar. As more and more people buy them and travel more with them they will notice this problem a lot. Apple will only have more people complaining about this, it's not going to get any better until they provide a hardware fix.

You can return the product you are unhappy with within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. That's a pretty good solution if I've ever seen one. Don't like it, don't keep it. Applies to almost all consumer products that aren't required to fulfill basic healthy needs. You don't have to have this phone and aren't entitled to have one.
    Pretty good solution? Really? So will Apple return all of my apps as well since I can't use them on any other platform? How about the couple iphone4 specific apps I purchased? I should be completely content with taking the loss of all of my apps and accessories just because Apple wants to take the cheap route and not fix this major problem? I guess I should fly to Chicago to return the battery charger I purchased in the airport.
    Last edited by stasis; 2010-07-17 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-17 12:31 AM
    Doesnt sound like much of a solution.....sounds more like a scapegoat to me.

And I hope alot more people take Apple up on that mentality. They've already had what..... about 50,000 phones returned....at least. May not sound like alot but at a minimum $200 each that's alot of cheddar. And that's excluding those who didn't get a full discount or none at all.

If today's press conference pisses enough people off there could be another big wave of returns that might make Apple unhappy.
    Last edited by RICO_; 2010-07-17 at 12:37 AM.
    2010-07-17 12:32 AM
    WOW so after getting off the phone with AT&T, they will NOT credit you for a case or bumper purchased at their store (They are not a 3rd Party). Apple Store ONLY! What kind of crap is that?
    Yeah. I would assume only Apple would, since it was the apple bumpers that was being purchased. You purchased a bumper at AT&T? Never knew they had that there.
    2010-07-17 12:33 AM
    I doubt the return rate of the iPhone 4 will increase at all.
    2010-07-17 12:34 AM
    I doubt the return rate of the iPhone 4 will increase at all.
    Yeah because people want their iPhone, so instead of returning it they will demand a real fix, most people I talk to think eventually Apple will be forced to fix it, and they are counting on the warranty...
    2010-07-17 12:37 AM
    Read all of the other people who said they are not happy with this solution. You hate me complaining here but yet you cant stop reading it and responding, keep going buddy. Just wait, you will see, Apple will be forced to provide a real fix. They would not have given away free cases if it wasn't for people complaining.

Yes, there are a lot of unhappy people just like yourself, but there are ALSO a lot of happy i4 customers that either don't have the same issues, or have chosen one of the 3 choices provided for them to remedy the situation. Since the return percentage is under 2% still even after all of these issues, I think you're "you-watch-and-see" comment is hilarious. Apple wont be "forced" to do anything at under 2% guy. They've made their decision, so man-up and make yours, or turn on Wow wow Wubzy to cheer yourself up. I'm amazed at how daft you are over this. There are 3 simple choices, but you ignore all of them because you want a 4th to suit you personally. Well I suppose EVERYONE wants a magic solution too. I'd love for Apple to just hand-out brand new phones to everyone that's having a problem and re-design the whole phone to correct these issues. Since we don't live in a Utopia, and know this isn't gonna happen, how about looking at this problem from reality and with a little common sense. You're coming across like an angry teenager that just got grounded for the weekend. *sigh* [This is where you slam the e-door and tell me you don't have to listen to me] -Your Dad
    2010-07-17 12:37 AM
    Of course it is only for people in certain areas. I recently visited family in another state and the signal was high enough that no matter how I held it I could not get it to drop the 5th bar. As more and more people buy them and travel more with them they will notice this problem a lot. Apple will only have more people complaining about this, it's not going to get any better until they provide a hardware fix.

Pretty good solution? Really? So will Apple return all of my apps as well since I can't use them on any other platform?
    So low signal strength couldn't possibly be the majority of the problem then? You can't fix low tower signal with a hardware fix on the phone. That's the towers fault, not the phone.

And you have other choices to continue to use the apps you've already purchased. An eBay iPhone or an iPod Touch. You've got solutions, but hard ones to swallow. I agree on that. But that's all you've got and you can't change it. Te only way to change it to not be their customer in the future. The sooner you come to peace with this the better you'll feel. It's a shitty situation, but you can't change it all on your own. And if enough people live in areas with good coverage nothing will change. Sounds like you know enough to tell that in low coverage areas performance will suffer with the phones radio hardware. That's true of ANY radio. FM/AM/Ham/UHF/VHF and others. That's not a fault of the hardware but the signal that's flying through the air.

Doesnt sound like much of a solution.....sounds more like a scapegoat to me.

May not sound like alot but at a minimum $200 each that's alot of cheddar. And that's excluding those who didn't get a full discount or none at all.
    Everyone who returned their phone got the full amount refunded. If they didn't they are stupid for not demanding that Apple abide by their 30 day return policy. I don't know how you figure some didn't get their full refund, Apple can't refuse it. It's part of the Terms and Conditions when you buy the thing. Where you got that from I have no idea because it simply isn't true.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 2010-07-17 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-17 12:43 AM
    Yes, there are a lot of unhappy people just like yourself, but there are ALSO a lot of happy i4 customers that either don't have the same issues, or have chosen one of the 3 choices provided for them to remedy the situation. Since the return percentage is under 2% still even after all of these issues, I think you're "you-watch-and-see" comment is hilarious. Apple wont be "forced" to do anything at under 2% guy. They've made their decision, so man-up and make yours, or turn on Wow wow Wubzy to cheer yourself up. I'm amazed at how daft you are over this. There are 3 simple choices, but you ignore all of them because you want a 4th to suit you personally. Well I suppose EVERYONE wants a magic solution too. I'd love for Apple to just hand-out brand new phones to everyone that's having a problem and re-design the whole phone to correct these issues. Since we don't live in a Utopia, and know this isn't gonna happen, how about looking at this problem from reality and with a little common sense. You're coming across like an angry teenager that just got grounded for the weekend. *sigh* [This is where you slam the e-door and tell me you don't have to listen to me] -Your Dad
    My son loves wow wow wubzy!!
    2010-07-17 12:46 AM
    The return % is only low because everyone was waiting for a fix and response from Apple, and they are expecting them to fix it. I don't expect them to replace every phone, just fix the one I have. Or since they claim it is such a small amount of people having problems then just repair or replace the phones that people are having issues with. When a car has a recall they take them in and repair it with a newly designed part. The Apple store by me does phone repairs constantly, replacing screens or whatever else. I guarantee they will fix it with future revisions of the phone without changing the external appearance. They surely would not release a Verizon phone with the same issues after all of this, and changing the exterior would mean all new cases etc. I don't give a **** how I "come across", I will express my concerns.
    2010-07-17 12:47 AM
    Everyone who returned their phone got the full amount refunded. If they didn't they are stupid for not demanding that Apple abide by their 30 day return policy. I don't know how you figure some didn't get their full refund, Apple can't refuse it. It's part of the Terms and Conditions when you buy the thing. Where you got that from I have no idea because it simply isn't true.
    I'm not talking about the customers getting a full refund or not....I'm well aware of the return policy including the waived restocking fee. I'm talking about those that had to pay full pop for their phone. Meaning that's even more revenue that Apple is losing out on because they are potentially going to have to refund a new wave of displeased customers.
    2010-07-17 12:51 AM
    I truly feel that most of the complaints are from people who never noticed the problem until they saw the issue on CNN or NYT and tried the "death grip". Then and only then did they say "my signal is dropping". Another good portion of people complaining, are doing it only for free cases from Apple.

The "death grip" causes a loss of around 15-20 dbs. An iPhone usually drops a call around -120 db. People who are having drop calls already have poor reception to begin with. I also feel the "death grip" is not a natural way of holding the phone and I don't see many people really holding their phone like that.

Flame suit on
    2010-07-17 12:52 AM
411 ... 41213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD