User Tag List

havent purchased the phone yet, waiting for the white to drop now with that being said does anyone have any insight to how the free case/bumper will work with that, do i get it with the phone whenever i would purchase or is this only for people who have bought one up to date?
    As long as you purchase your phone before September 30, you will get a free bumper/case
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-07-16 08:08 PM
    I am going back to 3GS without choice because I took the early upgrade option from AT&T. 3GS is not a great phone as a phone, I got dropped calls without anything obvious reason just as you did.

For antenna, it is not necessary to be shielded inside. There definitely is way to solve the current issue by redesign current antenna with minor side affect, such as reducing the average gain of this antenna.

The only way you'd have a hardware fix is to have an antenna shielded inside the phone, so go trade your iPhone4 for a 3GS and problem solved.

Then you'll just get dropped calls and blame AT&T instead. I get dropped calls all the time on my 3GS with 5 bars all the time.
    havent purchased the phone yet, waiting for the white to drop now with that being said does anyone have any insight to how the free case/bumper will work with that, do i get it with the phone whenever i would purchase or is this only for people who have bought one up to date?
    Everyone who purchases a phone before sept 30
    The iPhone 4 has a 1.7% return rate compared to the 3GS return rate of 6%. I think this is because people were holding out on returning their iPhone 4 to see what Apple says. It would be interesting to see what the return rate is in another month. BTW, I tried covering almost all of my Nexus One phone and the bars did not go down once and also tried it on a BlackBerry curve and the signal did not move at all.
    2010-07-16 08:09 PM
    Clearly you missed the ENTIRE point of that post, its about this laim "fix" that crApple has offered, NOT A REAL SOLUTION!
    I actually dont have the "death grip" problem with my 4, and i'm undecided on returning it!
    Those facts have NO BEARING on my opinion of crApples resolution OR my OPINION of the people who are affected and accept this BS "fix" as a permanent solution to a MAJOR design and/or manufacturing flaw!

If anyone is a hypocrite, its you! Bashing me for "forcing my thoughts"? Isnt that what these forums ARE FOR?? and isn't that exactly what you just did to me!?!? So shut up and go get your damn free bumper!

"In this country, you can get anyone to do anything... but first you've gotta promise them a free t-shirt" -George Carlin
    obviously you are going to be angry no matter what or how anyone chats with you... None the less my reference to calling you a hypocrite is the fact that you were yelling at others and calling them names for accepting this as a fix. Then you post your own anger as gospel. Look I totally understand that some people are angry. But bottom line is if you are that un happy then return it. And if your phone works like you said it does with no death grip. Then get your hand out of everyone else cookie jar? They are "individuals" like you claim. let them be. Im 40 yrs old I surely do not need someone to stick up for me. It sounds like you just want to argue for arguments sake.

Also You call me a hypocrite... look up the word... You are doing it again... "isn't this is what the forum is for" And then you tell me to shut up? Tell you what if you what to continue this telling me to shut up and being a tough guy for all to read PM me or give me a call (been wanting to try facetime) and we can chat in private so no one else has to see this crap. Its getting old and degenerate...

Best,

Dennis
    2010-07-16 08:10 PM
    I buy every damn thing Apple makes but, they [email protected] this up. "We aren't perfect" is a lame azz excuse for a multi-billion dollar company. They had the time to test, retest and test again the freakin phone, hell, they designed the damn thing and now Steve comes out with this crap? I don't want a free bumper. I want a fully functional phone like the others were. So I'm returning this glass block and they can shove the bumpers up their azzes.

All you guys who make it seem like Apple can do no wrong are crackheads, looking for your next hit from your crack dealer, Big Stevie.
    2010-07-16 08:12 PM
    If you guys don't like the phone or whatsoever like what Steve Job said, "And if you're not happy, you can bring the phone back. We'll give you a full refund within 30 days. No restocking fee. We want to make everyone happy, and if we can't make you happy we'll give you a full refund." PERIOD! REFUND THE iPHONE and go buy yourself another smart phone that cant out match the iPhone 4. STOP ********! GO buy a Blackberry instead or Adriod LOL.

"And if you're not happy, you can bring the phone back. We'll give you a full refund within 30 days. No restocking fee. We want to make everyone happy, and if we can't make you happy we'll give you a full refund."
    Last edited by Lem; 2010-07-16 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-16 08:14 PM
    This is quite amazing and I'm almost left speechless. Please release the jb already.
    And it looks like it's back to the drawing board for the iPhone 5 or maybe iPhone 4g!
    so how do i get my refund for my bumper i bought lol
    Nice news. 1.7% affected. Free Bumpers. Now less complaining. Be Happy.
    You don't really believe there'll be less complaining, do you?

People who don't even own an iPhone have been crying for 2 weeks, think they're going to let it go now?
    2010-07-16 08:15 PM
    Good, I'll get my 29 dollars refunded and turn it around for a 29 dollars VGA connector!
    2010-07-16 08:15 PM
    "And if you're not happy, you can bring the phone back. We'll give you a full refund within 30 days. No restocking fee. We want to make everyone happy, and if we can't make you happy we'll give you a full refund."

IF YOU CAN'T READ THIS, GO KILL YOURSELF PERIOD!
    Last edited by Lem; 2010-07-16 at 08:20 PM.
    2010-07-16 08:18 PM
    Well my wife has had the iphone 4 for almost 2 weeks now with 0 ISSUES. no death grip, no drop calls NOTHING WRONG lol... so i have to agree with Steve jobs with the 0.5% customers with issues.. hell i remember when i got my 3GS their was MORE issues with the battery not lasting long then this stupid death grip thing.
    2010-07-16 08:21 PM
    Political bunkness = Steve Jobs
    a free bumper. Oh great im so happy the reception problem is now fixed! (sarcastic response)
    I just hope they offer cases that can be put in a holster and are thin. My 3G used a Seidio case and holster and loved it. I hate the size and look of the otterbox for the 3G, may as well carry around a brick. Seen the new otterbox cases also and don't like the way the look either

Don't really have any problem with my phone. In my office I get bad reception anyway even with my 3G and it would drop to no service from time to time. My ip4 when I grip it. I can get it to go to 1 bar and hasnt so far dropped a call,even at one bar the sound quality is good. When I'm out side though using the same grip it shows 4-5 bars constantly.

No proximity sensor issues either or yellow blobs.

i can see how some people would be upset having to put a case on it,takes away from its sleekness imo
    2010-07-16 08:22 PM
    this is funny.

How do you expect them to create a permanent solution then? Recall all the phones, do a full refund and wait 11 months for the production of a newer, better iphone (which'll happen anyway)? Given the options out there now, this is the best solution feasible.

1) return the phone if you really don't want it because of
    a) problems with reception
    b) proximity sensor
    c) sand in your vagina

2) if you want to keep the phone you can:
    A) get a free case
    b) get a refund on a case already purchased

they've given you the out you seem to want without having any sort of depreciation of value to the phone for its use over the last 3 weeks-1 month. Ferrari sure won't give you a cost-free way out of a handmade car with defects.

The only permanent solutions if you don't want a case is to live right smack next to an at&t tower or live as we all have had to on a 3gs, 3g or a 2g with dropped calls passing under a bridge, tunnel, overpass, driving through the country, or walking near load bearing walls. That's more of an issue with at&t and the signal frequency they use rather than the phone itself.

Cell phones drop calls, fact of life. Happened on my old school n-v, a blackberry, iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs, and of course the 4. It also happens on sprint's network with palm's and htc evo 4g.

There is no, and won't be, any magical fix for the device. Apple, in a rare moment where they had less hubris than is standard operating protocol, admitted some fault, offered solutions and basically did damage control. Htc, motorola, nokia and palm wouldn't be anywhere remotely close as far as response, nor would the media care nearly as much.
    +1000000
    2010-07-16 08:22 PM
    I think that the reason there have been so few returns is because 1: aside from the Death Grip issue the phone is killer and people are torn between returning a phone and going back to a 3GS and just living with the flaw and getting a case... and 2. THEY WERE WAITING TO SEE WHAT THE HELL APPLE WAS GOING TO DO ABOUT IT. WOULD THE SOFTWARE FIX RESOLVE THE ISSUE, WOULD THEY ALLOW RETURNS, WOULD AT&T REFUND THEIR CONTRACT ETC... most people who have an issue, like myself, were waiting to see if Apple would Own up to this and fix it.. now that we know what their plan is I wouldn't be surprised if we see a flood of returns. (I am going to. I have a week left of my 30 days and I am going to hedge my bets and wait of this issue to mature before I commit to the iPhone4. I will be very sad to give it up. (I guess it goes to prove that early adopters run the risk of faulty designs.)

No malice toward Apple, just want to protect myself from being stuck with a phone that turns out to be a lemon.

Peace!
    I think you're absolutely right. I have until today to return my phone and I am torn. i might differ in a small way: If my wiife was not using my 3GS, I would have already returned this beautiful pos.
    2010-07-16 08:24 PM
    There will be a fix for the sensor issue in the NEXT software update! This means the jailbreak is going to be pushed back since apple just announce ANOTHER software update. Apple is smart. Like I said yesterday on one of these posts apple will just keep putting in major fixes and updates to the firmware and will keep announcing the firmware right after they release one. Jailbreak community is dead unless they decide to just release the jailbreak. If people are stupid and update the firmware before a new jailbreak is made for new firmware then screw them! You can save your SHSH without cydia and can downgrade ANYTIME with tinyumbrella as long as the SHSH is backed up. Your loss if you dont back it up!
    2010-07-16 08:30 PM
    How many people DON'T use cases and are not having the antenna issues?

Also, I lose signal bars whether the phone is in a case or not, but if it is in a case, then the call is not dropped. Anyone else noticing this?
    2010-07-16 08:32 PM
411 ... 67891018 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD