I donít think so - but maybe you got more luck than me I got an Iphone 4 from USA (Apple Store) and I canít activate the phone without SSN etc. Maybe the DITS card I tried was defect, but it did not work.
    Thanks for your answer!
    Can you just tell me do I need whole SSN or just 4 last digits?
    2010-07-31 09:13 PM
    Thanks for your answer!
    Can you just tell me do I need whole SSN or just 4 last digits?
    The last 4 digits. See this screenshot:
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...Picture1-2.png
    2010-07-31 10:08 PM
    The last 4 digits. See this screenshot:
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...Picture1-2.png
    Thx m8, my friend will tell me his SSN. Do I need something else for activation beside SSN and ZIP code?
    2010-08-01 01:27 AM
    I tried to downgrade my 4.o fireware back down to 3.12 but everytime i go into i tunes 9.2 i keep getting the message sim card not compatable with my phone i have t mobile sim in it now do i have to take t mobile sim card out and put my orginal sim back in so i can acess i tunes . thank you
    2010-08-01 03:49 AM
    I tried to downgrade my 4.o fireware back down to 3.12 but everytime i go into i tunes 9.2 i keep getting the message sim card not compatable with my phone i have t mobile sim in it now do i have to take t mobile sim card out and put my orginal sim back in so i can acess i tunes . thank you
    2010-08-01 03:59 AM
    Thx m8, my friend will tell me his SSN. Do I need something else for activation beside SSN and ZIP code?
    You need a AT&T SIM card.
    2010-08-01 03:59 PM
    You need a AT&T SIM card.
    I think that SIM comes inside iPhone!
    2010-08-01 04:07 PM
    I think that SIM comes inside iPhone!
    There where no SIM in my no commitment phone from Apple Store US.
    2010-08-01 04:09 PM
    There where no SIM in my no commitment phone from Apple Store US.
    Ohhh, but seller in Apple store told my friend that SIM card comes inside iPhone, is it possible that he is wrong?

Hey m8, you have bought yours iphone from ebay? Maby seller removed SIM card from it?
    Last edited by besirovic; 2010-08-01 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-01 09:08 PM
    this really sucks man. iphone 4 jailbreak and unlock are out but i still couldn't get passed that f**king activation screen! Screw you APPLE!!!!!
    2010-08-02 12:16 AM
    this really sucks man. iphone 4 jailbreak and unlock are out but i still couldn't get passed that f**king activation screen! Screw you APPLE!!!!!
    Yep - those of us stuck on the phone # / zip / last4 of ssn screen are currently SOL. To be fair, I don't think it's Apple - in my case it's looking like original purchaser may be trying to renege on contract while buying phone at contract-subsidized price and reselling at even huger profit.... I'm still SOL though
    2010-08-02 05:48 AM
    Hey guys those with the ssn problem, if you get the original sim will you skip the ssn info? Or will it be the same as with any at&t sim...
    2010-08-02 06:19 AM
    Hey guys those with the ssn problem, if you get the original sim will you skip the ssn info? Or will it be the same as with any at&t sim...
    I tried with an activated go phone micro sim without success .also I took the phone to AT&T store
    .They also couldn't activate it .now I am waiting for a phonebook sim
    2010-08-02 11:07 AM
    I tried with an activated go phone micro sim without success .also I took the phone to AT&T store
    .They also couldn't activate it .now I am waiting for a phonebook sim
    Yep - I tried with several AT&T sims which work in other phones - including the original microsim. It's pretty clear the issue is on Apple's end - their server won't activate the phone. As I said, the main culprit here may be folks who buy them but don't activate, and then resell - until they accept the phone onto their AT&T account it's stuck Of course the new owner could accept a 2yr contract with AT&T and AT&T should be able to switch it over and activate it, but who buys a used phone / pays resell prices to do that??????
    2010-08-02 03:05 PM
    Heh... it turns out i'm not the only one with this problem then, as I originally discussed earlier in this thread and posted a video as well:

I ended up taking it to a store and asking them to try and hacktivate it (tons of them in India) but he tried, and like me, failed. He offered to take it off my hands at a decent price and I agreed - got past this headache and happy about it. I don't think it's going to be solved for a while.

Sorry to dampen others' spirits here but i've tried virtually everything - i've even had a long discussion with Sharif (who posted the original DITS video on Youtube) via Twitter, and he had no clue on how to fix it either.

:/
    2010-08-03 08:22 AM
    Here's what happened: my uncle from the US bought these iPhones, and gave one of them to me. When I opened the sealed box, the phone already had an AT&T sim inside. If I connect this to iTunes, it will ask me, like I mentioned above, for the zip code and 4-digits of the SSN which is connected to the number written to the phone I assume (xxx-xxx-xxxx) which is displayed on-screen.
    From what I've learned this means that the original purchaser bought the phone with 2yr contract but has NOT activated that contract. Until they do so, Apple (who're waiting on their kickback from AT&T) will not activate the phone at all. This is iTunes and Apple's servers going off the PHONE serial number, so SIM makes no difference at all - though it must be one that's acceptable to the phone. (I.e. a non-AT&T, non-universal SIM won't even get you to the data entry screen on iTunes, but any SIM that gets you that far is equivalent to any other for this purpose.)

I ended up taking it to a store and asking them to try and hacktivate it (tons of them in India) but he tried, and like me, failed. He offered to take it off my hands at a decent price and I agreed - got past this headache and happy about it. I don't think it's going to be solved for a while.
    This I don't understand - why not get the info from your "Uncle" and just enter it? Unless he had no intention of honoring the 2yr contract he signed with AT&T, that should have got the phone up and running.

The lesson here is apparently to ensure the phone is activated when you buy it - seems like plenty of sellers are not doing this. Some for honorable reasons like wanting to sell the phone sealed, some for much less honorable reasons!
    2010-08-03 03:23 PM
    you can buy phonebook or one sim...tried and tested this sim card to activate the iphone...
    2010-08-03 03:38 PM
    you can buy phonebook or one sim...tried and tested this sim card to activate the iphone...
    My phone is now activated. Pyhhh!

With a AT&T pay as a go card and help from the seller (with the digits) the phone got activated yesterday. Many thanks to the seller!

I got a DITS card and a Rebel activation card but none of them worked with my phone (no commitment AT&T phone brought from Apple Store US)
    2010-08-03 03:50 PM

With a AT&T pay as a go card and help from the seller (with the digits) the phone got activated yesterday. Many thanks to the seller!

I got a DITS card and a Rebel activation card but none of them worked with my phone (no commitment AT&T phone brought from Apple Store US)
    i can guarantee you that this kind of sim can activate your iphone including iphone4...tried and tested already...
    2010-08-03 03:55 PM

M8 please tell me did you get SIM card inside iPhone 4 or you had to get pay as go SIM card? Was your iPhone box sealed or opened?
    2010-08-03 04:01 PM
275 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD