All due respect to Jay but love him or hate him "The Godfather Of Jailbreaking" is Geohot.
    Well, for me hate him. No comparision.
    2010-07-23 10:53 PM
    flash is coming to the ios4 devices with comex's spirit o.O
    wait, what?!?
    2010-07-23 10:55 PM
    Just another teaser report.
    2010-07-23 10:59 PM
    cool interview- and those individuals whining cause they don't have the jb yet for their iphone4 remember-good things come to those who patiently wait i won't have my iphone4 until august,but i'm a patient person in general
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?
    2010-07-23 10:59 PM
    I'm fine with waiting as long as the dev team is doing legitimate work. I worry that they are just taking time to make one of those "Press the Button" programs like Spirit. I don't mind a few extra steps.
    2010-07-23 11:00 PM
    IPhone 4 Master.....ur an idiot. Calling comex a "******bag"....it's idiots like u that made geohot leave the community. And since ur a "IPhone 4 Master".... U should be able to JB it on ur own. So stupid.
    Totally agree... Master of idiots
    2010-07-23 11:02 PM
    How stupid are some of you? He just said what kinds of problems the jailbreak currently creates. Wait till they finish it!
    2010-07-23 11:02 PM
    Great interview. Thanks
    2010-07-23 11:07 PM
    Much respect to the father of jailbreaking, but what's up with these smart nerds not clipping their fingernails? Seriously takes 1 min 30 seconds for both hands...I would hate to see his toenails
    2010-07-23 11:08 PM
    flash is coming to the ios4 devices with comex's spirit o.O
    WTF, I never heard that.... There are already IOS4 device jailbroken...and why attach flash to on Spirit JB, flash should just be a Mobile Safari plugin.
    2010-07-23 11:11 PM
    why is everyone insisting that he release the jailbreak. as he says in the video he does not make the jailbreak and for everyone saying "he who must not be named" is the real godfather of jailbreaking, he may have been the first but jailbreaking any idevice wouldnt be worthwhile without cydia, so i would give him more credit than "" anyday. think about it if the was no cydia what would we have. no rock no sweet apps provided by saurik,big boss and every other dev out there. so i would like to say Thank You Jay Freeman for doing what he does, and not to mention not crying about it either!
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.
    2010-07-23 11:11 PM
    This is awesome stuff.

The nerd in me would love a movie someday on all of their collective jailbreaking work. I really appreciate these guys.
    Yea I think an Indy Documentary on these guys and their work as well as the iPhone "underground" as a whole would make for an awesome documentary (kinda similar to the MacHead's and Cult of Mac documentary's that were made which aired on CNBC a couple times)..... I'd watch it for sure!
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!
    2010-07-23 11:15 PM
    He's so focused on the jb he doesn't even read his texts
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No
    2010-07-23 11:16 PM
    So i guess my only concern is.. did they JB 4.0.1 as well? As i just got my iPhone 4 and of course it came with 4.0.1 right out of the box. :-/

I guess it's a waiting game
    2010-07-23 11:24 PM
    for those of you impatiently and imprudently demanding that the dev-team release the iphone 4 jailbreak, you may want to consider the following. the dev-team does not owe anyone anything. they do not have to create this jailbreak. they are not obligated to create this jailbreak. you also have to realize that the dev-team members have other, more important responsibilities than just jailbreaking - such as family, a career, friends. in essence, these folks have a life to attend to outside of their jailbreaking hobby, that to some extent may shock some of the ignorant and immature eager beavers out there clamoring for the release.

if you are so eager to have a jailbreak, than as some other members have suggested, i think you should create one yourself. if you can't do it, then sit tight, and stop bugging the dev-team for a release date. it'll come out when they're ready to release.
    2010-07-23 11:25 PM
    iphone 4 master.....ur an idiot. Calling comex a "******bag"....it's idiots like u that made geohot leave the community. And since ur a "iphone 4 master".... U should be able to jb it on ur own. So stupid.
    ftw
    2010-07-23 11:28 PM
    Very Nice
    2010-07-23 11:31 PM
    People are complaining about his nails?

That is just ridiculous.
    2010-07-23 11:32 PM
    I'm fine with waiting as long as the dev team is doing legitimate work. I worry that they are just taking time to make one of those "Press the Button" programs like Spirit. I don't mind a few extra steps.
    A three button version has been ready for 2 weeks. The last few weeks and the rest of next week will be focusing in on trying to get it to a one button jailbreak and cleaning up the gui.
    2010-07-23 11:40 PM
    I'm always amazed how folks get on here and demand the JB be released now because they are tired of hearing about it and not being able to have it.

It takes a lot of work to do this and for no financial gain, people should show some respect to the devs for their hard work.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.
    2010-07-23 11:42 PM
174 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD