Bababooey approves of this news !!!
    2010-07-26 07:50 PM
    Why wouldn't you just restore the jailbroken device before sending it back to apple for warranty. Have done this 3 times and my sister has once. It's no big deal they don't have time to check each phone they send you the new one and it's in your hands 3 days later simple. Screw voiding the warranty blah blah everyone is so scared?
    I'd agree with you 100% on that, but there are instances where you might have problems getting it to restore. I know once I had my "radio" go out and and it wouldn't let me restore my iPhone. I had to manipulate iTunes into ignoring the error message and got lucky. Some aren't so lucky.
    2010-07-26 07:51 PM
    so if we jailbreak the phone and if there's something wrong with the phone,will its still cover with the warranty
    The whole "voiding the warranty" thing is a load of garbage. If you want to return your phone, just restore it with the latest version of the OS. If it's bricked, it's not like they'll be checking if it's JB'n or not. No worries.
    2010-07-26 07:51 PM
    I think warning should go out to stupid people who think its funny to say "Release the Jailbreak" How was that funny? I am willing to bet no one else will "LOL" your stupid comment!
    why so wired??? LOL LOL LMFAO LOL
    2010-07-26 07:56 PM
    This is a great win for all of us. Not only does this remove jailbreaking from the gray area of the law but it removes the suspicion by many regulars users about jailbreaking.

Next time the blond chick in my class asks me about jailbreaking I will be able to tell her: it is fully legal and permitted by federal law.

That may push her to JB her phone thus increasing demand for JB apps and JB software. With demand comes more availbility
    2010-07-26 07:59 PM
    i think warning should go out to stupid people who think its funny to say "release the jailbreak" how was that funny? I am willing to bet no one else will "lol" your stupid comment!
    troll
    2010-07-26 08:00 PM
    This is a great win for all of us. Not only does this remove jailbreaking from the gray area of the law but it removes the suspicion by many regulars users about jailbreaking.

Next time the blond chick in my class asks me about jailbreaking I will be able to tell her: it is fully legal and permitted by federal law.

That may push her to JB her phone thus increasing demand for JB apps and JB software. With demand comes more availbility
    Had to be the "blonde" chick haha
    2010-07-26 08:03 PM
    nnnn
    Last edited by karloz25; 2010-09-28 at 05:44 AM.
    2010-07-26 08:04 PM
    Awesome.... Lets go Jay..... we're waiting... lol! Great interview by the way, you did well...
    Jay has NOTHING to do with releasing the ip4 jailbreak
    finally free, so i can walk proudly inside the apple store with no one telling me my iphone is illegal..
    What is this going to do for other platforms?
    Like the PS3?
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If
    2010-07-26 08:05 PM
    Does this mean that Apple cannot close holes to stop jailbreaking and on another note would his mean they would have to leave openings to jailbreak?
    2010-07-26 08:07 PM
    Awesome news ! Just need to wait for that jailbreak to come out.
    2010-07-26 08:14 PM
    Does this mean that Apple cannot close holes to stop jailbreaking and on another note would his mean they would have to leave openings to jailbreak?
    No. Apple has every right to make changes to their own software, even if is just to patch an exploit.

I guess now, in addition to being an iPhone hacker, I am also a video game security tester and a documentary film maker. ;^)
    2010-07-26 08:15 PM
    Now these are good news! Although I'm sure Apple will keep closing the holes used for jailbreaking the iDevices and voiding warranties, but at least it's a huge step forward for the community!
    2010-07-26 08:17 PM
    Great news.
    2010-07-26 08:18 PM
    troll
    IM not a troll. IM just sick of people asking "when is the jailbreak coming"! If you visit ModMyi often, you will know when its released!
    2010-07-26 08:19 PM
    Unlocking is legal? I wish we could force AT&T to give us unlock access
    2010-07-26 08:22 PM
    I like that the consumers have finally gotten a victory but lets be honest. How many of us are really going to copy Call of Duty Black Ops to "investigate flaws and security concerns" rather than just give the copy to our buddies so we can all play on Xbox Live?

This just adds fuel to the fire and will likely cause Apple to make it increasingly difficult to jailbreak and unlock iPhones.

This says it allows users to break access controls. It doesn't say that Apple has to A. make it easy, B. give you access, or C. assist you in any way. Meaning Apple will give everyone the big F YOU and pour tons of resources into making unlocking so difficult that everyone just ends up staying on AT&T. Plus what good is EDGE on T-Mobile. Do you REALLY want slow data speeds on a smaller carrier that bad?
    What it means is Apple can't say jailbreakers are criminals. The warranty is always their trump card. If your jb phone locks up and you can't restore it, taking it to Apple probably won't do you much good. But it does mean you can jailbreak and unlock and you are within the law. Finally.

As a teacher (educator sounds too high-faluttin'), I welcome the ability to not have to fight with my district over using clips in my classroom. I have a new smartboard, and I can do multi-media with it. Now, no worries.
    Senior
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD