2.1 was released July 24th, 2008. 3.1 was released July 14th, 2009. So he's probably 99% correct about the official 4.1 coming out in early September.
    I am technically 0% correct because anything can happen, I am just assuming from past release dates which is more than others are doing pushing jailbreak release date rumors.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare
    2010-07-28 04:11 AM
    wow wtf at the lack of proximity sensor fixes.
    2010-07-28 04:11 AM
    What exactly does this GameCenter do? I've seen screenshots with the GameCenter icon before and remember hearing steve jobs say something about it in a presentation but I never really understood what it was for other than it has to do with Social Gaming.
    Think Xbox Live for mobiles. It is kind of like Plus+ or Open Feint if you have ever used those communities. Basically an account that keeps high scores and allows you to play games with friends on iDevices. Gamers won't be interested but I just want to see how Apple tries their hand at a Xbox Live format.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare
    2010-07-28 04:15 AM
    Because I've Jailbroken every iPhone that has ever been released. Yes I have been in the scene that long. (what is that like 10+ years?)

By the way I use all my own Jailbreaking techniques. My mother helps me write the code.
    Wow really? Learn to count last tine I checked it's the year 2010 not 2017
    2010-07-28 04:22 AM
    Wow really? Learn to count last tine I checked it's the year 2010 not 2017
    dont feed the troll.... you might wake him....

But yes, 10-7=3 not 10 (But 10-7= X +Y=10 will work but I think something that simple is beyond his mathematical comprehension) ..... this is what happens when the Gov't skimps on tax dollars for education.

Not to mention the 1st gen. iPhone dropped in 2007.....

But, Moving on and back to the topic...
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-07-28 at 04:30 AM.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!
    2010-07-28 04:25 AM
    this is what happens when the Gov't skimps on tax dollars for education.
    Not really. There's no proof throwing money at a problem solves it, especially not in that case.

Has anyone been able to confirm there's no prox sensor fix in the new beta? Cause if there isn't that's kinda disappointing. The 4.0 beta was out pretty quick so hopefully they fix it in the next beta, not fixing it quickly would be a pretty dumb idea.
    2010-07-28 04:30 AM
    Not really. There's no proof throwing money at a problem solves it, especially not in that case.
    Touche'.... But when you skimp on the money that goes towards teachers salaries you naturally incur a degradation in the caliber and quality of instructors... but my latter argument is really on a more Micro and municipal level rather than on a national level.

I havenet really had the Proximity sensor issue since I exchanged my original i4 a week and a half ago but I know a lot of my friends are having the issue all the time. So hopefully the Proximity issue will be addressed, which I'm sure it will from reading prior post' regarding this beta and other news sources.
    2010-07-28 04:39 AM

Has anyone been able to confirm there's no prox sensor fix in the new beta? Cause if there isn't that's kinda disappointing. The 4.0 beta was out pretty quick so hopefully they fix it in the next beta, not fixing it quickly would be a pretty dumb idea.
    As stated in a previous post of mine, MacRumors stated that the proximity sensor fix isn't there. And I find them to be pretty reliable for this kind of information.
    2010-07-28 04:41 AM
    Seems like proximaty fix would be pretty low on the totem pole for betas... I'm sure it will be fixed in the GM that comes out in a couple of months. I thought the sensor was only an issue if you restored from an old iPhone...
    2010-07-28 04:42 AM
    I am technically 0% correct because anything can happen, I am just assuming from past release dates which is more than others are doing pushing jailbreak release date rumors.
    You just wrapped up like 4 thanks from me. Thanks for the good points.
    2010-07-28 04:48 AM
    Ok and he also said he should upgrade to get them. You dont need to upgrade to get them. Try reading what people say.

Okay let me clarify or get confused even more. I recently saved my 4.0 blob and it gave me the option to save 4.0.1 too and I did even though I'm on 4.0. So there is no need to upgrade to 4.0.1 since I already saved both without upgrading unless I want the new signal bars? Also I saved 4.0 with saurik and apple as soon as 4.0.1 was released. Does that matter?
    2010-07-28 04:55 AM
    Downloading beta 2
    2010-07-28 04:59 AM
    Okay let me clarify or get confused even more. I recently saved my 4.0 blob and it gave me the option to save 4.0.1 too and I did even though I'm on 4.0. So there is no need to upgrade to 4.0.1 since I already saved both without upgrading unless I want the new signal bars? Also I saved 4.0 with saurik and apple as soon as 4.0.1 was released. Does that matter?
    Nope. No need to upgrade if you don't want to, though I have. Doesn't affect the upcoming jailbreak and since you saved both blobs you're golden. You've got nothing to worry about!
    2010-07-28 05:00 AM
    Pls read prev posts for other additions. These are changes from what you see in 4.01 minus the sig bars.

*prox sensor seems to be addressed but can't be 100% positive yet. Stand by need to verify with a bad prox iPhone.
    *Signal Bars fixed and taller
    *New Baseband
    *Game Center new look .
    *Camera Switch/Flash buttons reposition in landscape mode [iPhone 4 only].
    *You can now choose to add Favorite as voice or FaceTime.
    *Spell Check can be turned off in Settings.
    *FaceTime and Game Center Parental Controls.
    *Full Bluetooth AVRCP Support.
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 2010-07-28 at 05:39 AM.
    2010-07-28 05:36 AM
    Seems like proximaty fix would be pretty low on the totem pole for betas... I'm sure it will be fixed in the GM that comes out in a couple of months. I thought the sensor was only an issue if you restored from an old iPhone...
    I Restored from old phone and setup as new. Same problem both ways with sensor
    2010-07-28 05:37 AM
    Ibtl
    2010-07-28 05:40 AM
    just read on another site that it does fix the Proximity sensor issue....
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-07-28 at 06:06 AM.
    2010-07-28 05:47 AM
    Downloading now ... taking a long time
    2010-07-28 06:47 AM
    Pls read prev posts for other additions. These are changes from what you see in 4.01 minus the sig bars.

*prox sensor seems to be addressed but can't be 100% positive yet. Stand by need to verify with a bad prox iPhone.
    *Signal Bars fixed and taller
    *New Baseband
    *Game Center new look .
    *Camera Switch/Flash buttons reposition in landscape mode [iPhone 4 only].
    *You can now choose to add Favorite as voice or FaceTime.
    *Spell Check can be turned off in Settings.
    *FaceTime and Game Center Parental Controls.
    *Full Bluetooth AVRCP Support.
    Can you set custom ringtones for individual contacts? I noticed that this disappeared with the first beta of 4.1 and haven't had a chance to try the second beta yet.
    2010-07-28 06:56 AM
    Darn and I just installed lol now I gotta download again, sheesh
    2010-07-28 07:00 AM
169 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD