used this earlier to jailbreak my 3gs which was on 4.0 when i got it. tried jailbreakme.com but had no joy so emailed myself the pdf file as a few other have done and it worked a treat and just downloaded tomtom software, well chuffed now. Gonna donate when payday comes :-D
    2010-08-02 09:50 PM
    Is it true that MMS and V-chat have problems with the jailbreak?
    2010-08-02 10:01 PM
    I can't install my3G or Rockapp /sigh says the repo is unavailable
    2010-08-02 10:09 PM
    Is it true that MMS and V-chat have problems with the jailbreak?
    should be fixed if you jailbreak right now. if you did yesterday you just need to start cydia and reboot to fix it.
    2010-08-02 10:09 PM
    Thanks. How big is this download? I was going to install it from work but do I need wifi?
    2010-08-02 10:18 PM
    Any updates as to when we may be able to access: Index of / trying consistently with no success.
    2010-08-02 10:29 PM
    Where did all the complainers go. Ya know the ones call dev team dumb cause droid x was rooted in a day and made public. Ya waitin a month was worth it huh. Great job dev team
    2010-08-02 10:31 PM
    So if I have a 3GS, 3.1.3, jailbroken with Spirit and unlocked with Ultrasnow, theoretically all I need to do now is update to 4.1, jailbreak it via jailbreakme, and then get ultrasnow from cydia to unlock it again?

Holy run on sentence...
    2010-08-02 10:39 PM
    First off, this is not my first jailbreak, so I am familiar with how these things go. This is the easiest jailbreak process from the end user's standpoint, but it is the only one where I'm having problems! I have searched so many boards online, but I can't find anyone that has the same issue as me...

I've got an iPod Touch 3G with iOS 4.0. I went to jailbreakme.com, and everything went smoothly, installed Cydia, reboot.

I installed OpenSSH via Cydia, reboot. I can connect to the Touch via SSH with no problem.

I installed MobileTerminal via Cydia, reboot. When I click "Terminal" on the screen, it pops open for a split-second.... then closes. Crashes every time.

In addition, any app I try to install through iTunes with an ipa file won't copy to the Touch. After syncing, it gives me an error that it "can't install" on the device.

It's like my Touch is jailbroken cuz Cydia is there, but you can't do anything else...

I've tried restoring to "like new" via iTunes, and got the same results as above.

Am I missing something? Are there some permission attributes I need to set somewhere?
    2010-08-02 10:44 PM
    So if I have a 3GS, 3.1.3, jailbroken with Spirit and unlocked with Ultrasnow, theoretically all I need to do now is update to 4.1, jailbreak it via jailbreakme, and then get ultrasnow from cydia to unlock it again?

Holy run on sentence...
    you can go up to 4.0.1.
    4.1 isnt out yet and probably will be fixed till release but we will see.

ultrasnow should work for 3gs, for unlocking iphone 4 a new ultrasnow will be release in the next day probably
    2010-08-02 10:53 PM
    First off, this is not my first jailbreak, so I am familiar with how these things go. This is the easiest jailbreak process from the end user's standpoint, but it is the only one where I'm having problems! I have searched so many boards online, but I can't find anyone that has the same issue as me...

I've got an iPod Touch 3G with iOS 4.0. I went to jailbreakme.com, and everything went smoothly, installed Cydia, reboot.

I installed OpenSSH via Cydia, reboot. I can connect to the Touch via SSH with no problem.

I installed MobileTerminal via Cydia, reboot. When I click "Terminal" on the screen, it pops open for a split-second.... then closes. Crashes every time.

In addition, any app I try to install through iTunes with an ipa file won't copy to the Touch. After syncing, it gives me an error that it "can't install" on the device.

It's like my Touch is jailbroken cuz Cydia is there, but you can't do anything else...

I've tried restoring to "like new" via iTunes, and got the same results as above.

Am I missing something? Are there some permission attributes I need to set somewhere?
    Sounds like you are having issues with an app that probably needs to be updated to work with 4.X

As for installing your ipa's...well if you did pay for them then that seems odd. If you are asking about apps you didn't pay for then you are probably missing a step that you cannot discuss here.
    2010-08-02 10:59 PM
    you can go up to 4.0.1.
    4.1 isnt out yet and probably will be fixed till release but we will see.

ultrasnow should work for 3gs, for unlocking iphone 4 a new ultrasnow will be release in the next day probably
    Typo, I meant 4.0.1.

Unlocking is really the meat of my questions. So I should wait until a 4.0.1 ultrasnow is out before I update?
    2010-08-02 11:02 PM
    can i jailbreak my iphone 4 with at&t? what are the pros and cons? i am not familiar with a jailbroken phone.... thanks!!
    2010-08-02 11:16 PM
    Typo, I meant 4.0.1.

Unlocking is really the meat of my questions. So I should wait until a 4.0.1 ultrasnow is out before I update?
    better wait a day, yesterday on twitter they said they do some testing with the new ultrasnow and release it in 48 hours, so if everthing goes fine it should be here very soon.

dunno on which iphones/fw the old one works. maybe look at the version from the one at cydia and do some google search.

btw thx to the devteam, donation is out, iphone4 comes tomorrow, seems to be a perfekt week
    2010-08-02 11:22 PM
    So I'm having a problem with cydia refreshing data or updating sources I get a error refreshing data can't find usr method any ideas?

Running iPhone4 4.0 firmware

2010-08-02 11:25 PM
    can i jailbreak my iphone 4 with at&t? what are the pros and cons? i am not familiar with a jailbroken phone.... thanks!!
    Pros: lots.

Cons: none.

Kind of all you need to know to jailbreak. go from there.
    2010-08-02 11:27 PM
    So I'm having a problem with cydia refreshing data or updating sources I get a error refreshing data can't find usr method any ideas?

Running iPhone4 4.0 firmware

cydia is just over loaded from all the jailbreakers. so is bigboss and so is modmyi. IM THINKING ALL THE JAILBREAKS HAVE GOT TO BE SETTING SOME KIND OF RECORD RIGHT NOW. Has anyone been having problems with mobileterminal? It crashes right when I open it everytime. any one else???
    2010-08-02 11:34 PM
    Thanks. How big is this download? I was going to install it from work but do I need wifi?
    3G is all you need, no wifi required
    2010-08-02 11:38 PM
    Typo, I meant 4.0.1.

The current Ultrasnow version works for 3gs. I'm using it right now on a a new 3gs MC model with jailbreakme.
    2010-08-02 11:47 PM
    So this is the easiest jailbreak ever, yet hands down the worst one EVER made! I'm just wondering why would anyone release this pile of crap without testing this. I jailbroke it the first time and my phone is full of bugs. Facetime&MMS is gone and I cant get it back even with the new Cidiya update. Safari is just slow my whole internet is slow. Apps close on their own. Cidiya is just all wrong! I never ever had any problems with jailbreaking. I dont know why users donate their money for something that is just pure ****! I am willing to pay for something that actually works. And why on earth do you release this online as self install. If you can't afford decent servers don't put this online. Any person with half brain will know that large amount of bandwidth will kill a website. They need to learn what DDOS AND DOSNET IS. I HIGHLY urge new folks not to use this until its fixed or wait for a better jailbreaak.
    That's why you don't jailbreak! Jailbreaking causes nothing but problems, also most of the apps out there that are only available with a jailbreak are never updated once new version of Apple's OS is released, etc. Someone posted a reponse earlier saying there were no "cons" of jailbreaking...that is delusional thinking but people love to rationalize things to give themselves permission to do something that they probably shouldn't do.
    "Don't hold it like that!"
    2010-08-02 11:52 PM
1,170 ... 35434445464755 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD