bahahaha time to go jailbreak every iphone around my area on displays! iphone 4s at att r mine! hahahaa
    2010-08-03 05:02 AM
    I had absolutely no issues running the jb, other than clogged servers. Deleting Safare caches etc and rebooting worked a charm. Only the early folks lost mms and facetime, a fix was put up very shortly as it became clear there were issues.

My only problems (if you can call them that, and this is besides Cydia being wonky during the afternoon due to heavy traffic) come from apps that don't work on iPhone 4 w/4.01 that did on a 3GS w/4.01 (iScheduler is one) and appearance tweaks like clear lockscreen (two types for IOS 4) and custom sliders and some other stuff. I'm guessing that the new phone has different guts than the 3GS and it will take devs a while to rejigger their apps and tweaks for us. Oh well, the phone itself works great. Thanks again to all the hard workers who made this possible!
    Senior
    2010-08-03 05:15 AM
    For those people whose FaceTime and MMS are missing, the steps posted here worked for me and both are showing up again:

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=982701]Cydia/SSH Fix for Facetime+MMS Disappearance (For existing JB'rs) - Mac Forums[/ame]
    Worked perfectly and so much easier than "restore from backup" fix. I highly recommend everyone use THIS fix.
    2010-08-03 05:20 AM
    The best jailbreak in the existence of ever... OMG
    2010-08-03 05:37 AM
    is the site down or are they still running? Gonna jb friends 3gs.
    2010-08-03 05:45 AM
    The best jailbreak in the existence of ever... OMG
    There was a jb back in the days of 1.x that was just as good. I believe you went to jailbreakme.com and slide to jailbreak
    Deja vu
    2010-08-03 05:49 AM
    hey everyone, lil help por favor..i JB both me and my gf's iphone4 4.0.1 with jailbreakme.com..both have facetime and mms working np..but now heres the prob..my cydia works fine, hers doesnt..whenever we go to press the "changes" tab she always gets absolutely nothing there to d/l..i have tons and tons of stuff to get but nothing for her, we both have the same sources. is it maybe bc i had saved my "blob" thiny and not her? she has the device has a tss pending request saying up top..plz anyone know whats going on, this is her first JB and i dun want her to be dissapointed lol
    2010-08-03 05:55 AM
    All you did was hit jailbreak.

Also I like how just like then the hackers patch a big security flaw before Apple does. But not before we use it lol. Back then it used a safari security hole then patched it up itself upon completion.

So all the people yelling that jailbreaking is insecure here is an example to add to the list of jailbreakers get a security hole patched before nonJB phones.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-08-03 06:00 AM
    Anybody else having problems with Camera apps? I can't get Camera+ or Hipstamatic working. They crash on boot startup, but the stock Camera app doesn't.
    2010-08-03 06:02 AM
    They most likely have not been updated for 4.0.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-08-03 06:03 AM
    Too bad now Skype won't stay open in the background.
    2010-08-03 06:05 AM
    I call dibbs on jailbreaking every iPhone on all displays. FTW
    bahahaha time to go jailbreak every iphone around my area on displays! iphone 4s at att r mine! hahahaa
    Until we reset them each night after we close the store..

have fun though!!
    2010-08-03 06:23 AM
    Too bad now Skype won't stay open in the background.
    weird, after installing backgrounder it actually starts working, but the weird part is that it stays working even though I didn't use backgrounder to put skype in the background (hold home button). Very strange but I won't complain as long as it is working.
    2010-08-03 06:35 AM
    Until we reset them each night after we close the store..

have fun though!!
    Kinda ironic. If you have to Restore every demo iPhone because they get jailbroken every day, just the thought of the Apple clowns Restoring them every day is MORE than enough reason to do it. That's hilarious! Yeah, have fun Restoring EVERY iPhone in the store each night.
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail
    2010-08-03 06:41 AM
    Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?
    Hello Chad711,

Yes, I did that but it seems that it doesn't work...
    2010-08-03 07:03 AM
    Worked perfect on iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.0.1 new bootroom
    Thanks for making this possible!
    2010-08-03 07:27 AM
    Interesting. As someone pointed out a few posts ago, adding "backgrounder" from Cydia makes Skype work in the background as it should without doing anything but installing it. Also, it appears "notifier/reminder" now works as well, just by installing backgrounder.
    2010-08-03 07:59 AM
    Is there anyway to get rid of the fuzzy pixel issue at the apple logo? Minor issue but irritation none the less.

Thanks Comex and dev team for a great JB. I'm busy updating and JB everyone's phones here! Donation on it's way.
    2010-08-03 09:18 AM
    Tell ya what hero, come up with your own jailbreak and make it available any way you like. Until then how about you show some ****** gratitude, shut your mouth and be happy they did the work for you.
    You know, I get that things have to be more and more simple for people these days because most just want a magical solution for everything. With that being said, I have to question the person(s) that came up with this website jailbreak solution. It would be much better to just release a jailbreak, upload it on a server and allow people to create mirrors. Again, I understand the reasoning behind this but seriously, a cat with down syndrome could have and would have known these problems would occur with the servers. Flame away keepers of the brown noses, flame away. I love to read the inane little attempts at insulting me.
    2010-08-03 09:24 AM
    ^ well put
    2010-08-03 10:30 AM
1,170 ... 38464748495058 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD