HA HA HA HA Is this really going on? My favorite hen house... im just glad we have a jailbreak coming soon.
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx
    2010-10-09 06:59 PM
    Exactly. I wanted to JB my iPhone 3G, but i wanted an official Pwnatool for it... Should i use the unofficial mod? Will it preserve my baseband?
    And thank you Halten77, for your reply.
    Welcome. I'm actually quite surprised that Sn0wbreeze (PwnageTool for Windows) already released an OFFICIAL version already and jailbreaks perfectly and is a rather NEW JB Tool, and that PwnageTool (Mac) which started first, is still yet to release for 4.1
    2010-10-09 06:59 PM
    my point was that everyone hating in this thread has a a4 device.

If any one should hold of releasing their jb it should be the team that can only jail brake less than half the available devices..

Also chronicdev should have dispelled the "all devices" rumors right off the bat.. not waiting until the very end.. i suspect that they figured it would do all the devices and couldn't pull it off, or they liked the extra publicity it gave them.

either way both teams deserve credit...
    Last edited by akafred; 2010-10-09 at 07:02 PM.
    2010-10-09 07:00 PM
    Y'all are lucky I'm on my phone on vacation all weekend or half of y'all would be on a 1 week ban for all the crap talking and language. Maybe some of the other Mods will clean this thread up.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-09 07:00 PM
    Y'all are lucky I'm on my phone on vacation all weekend or half of y'all would be on a 1 week ban for all the crap talking and language. Maybe some of the other Mods will clean this thread up.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I think you should just delete the whole thread because it really is serving no purpose at this point. Just saying.

Thanks
    2010-10-09 07:05 PM
    I know for sure you will be able to jailbreak using GP, since it is only for 4.1, but as for unlocking, if you use TU to preserve your baseband before you upgrade to 4.1, you should be able to use the ultrasnow to unlock. Correct me if im wrong anyone, I would like the correct information.
    Thanks for the info. If I read this correctly it'll be a two step process for those with unlocked IP's on 4.01?
    Hope someone puts a clear procedure together - Jailbreakme and Ultrasnow was kind of easy but now getting to 4.1 without upgrading baseband seems to be a lot trickier.
    2010-10-09 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the info. If I read this correctly it'll be a two step process for those with unlocked IP's on 4.01?
    Hope someone puts a clear procedure together - Jailbreakme and Ultrasnow was kind of easy but now getting to 4.1 without upgrading baseband seems to be a lot trickier.
    As long as you follow the instructions on Semaphore's blog then you should be fine. It is not hard to do.
    2010-10-09 07:14 PM
    I'm going to wait two weeks after both releases before jailbreaking. Reports are going to be crazy.
    2010-10-09 07:38 PM
    I'm going to wait two weeks after both releases before jail breaking. Reports are going to be crazy.
    I know, Im gonna try to hold out until at least Wednesday. But im pretty positive I'll get to excited and JB anyway lol

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...
    2010-10-09 07:49 PM
    what about unlocking 02.10.04 baseband? will either one have unlocking capabilities?
    2010-10-09 07:58 PM
    i hope this will work on 4.0.2 or it can preserve the baseband when upgrading to 4.1 on the 3gs phone..
    2010-10-09 08:00 PM
    good newssssssssss
    2010-10-09 08:02 PM
    this great..might need to bring my laptop at work for this haha..nah ill wait till i get home...been waiting for this thanks geo
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..
    2010-10-09 08:03 PM
    what about unlocking 02.10.04 baseband? will either one have unlocking capabilities?
    No sorry these two only are JB tools...

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...
    2010-10-09 08:04 PM
    make it ra1n!
    looking forward to it...if greenpoison is a no go that is
    2010-10-09 08:04 PM
    I agree Geohot has basically built the jail breaking community to what it is today BUT, If you say your going to leave THEN LEAVE. If your going to stay THEN STAY. But don't prance around crying like a baby about how everyone bugs you about release dates and threaten to leave us in the dust, basically dissing the whole community then come back. We are JUST fine without you Egohot. We obviously don't need you anymore so just go back to stroking you ego

And apparently the reason its coming out on 10/11 is because he heard the jailbreak is coming out on 10/10 and he just put the day after. If that is true he is a complete ******* and further proves we don't need pricks like him running around with his self proclaimed "almighty god" status.

Like it has been said so many times before Who are you to decide if anyone stays or goes. We dont pay any of these guys for doing what they do and we all just leech off them. They could just jailbreak their own phones and leave us with a very nice phone what could be oh so much better if WE COULD JAILBREAK OURS. if Geohot wats to spit his dummy out then let him. I dont care what he says or what he does. As long as i get a Jailbreak at the end of the day then Happy Days.

Pepole like you annoy me !!!! what would we all do if we all decided to diss all the Devs out there like you do with Geohot and they all said **** it and did nothing for us.

Keep your opinions to yourself's and leave these guy to work their MAGIC and we can all just say thank you to them all.

I would like to say thank you to all the devs and want you to know 90% of us are very very grateful for what you do
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button
    2010-10-09 08:05 PM
    Welcome. I'm actually quite surprised that Sn0wbreeze (PwnageTool for Windows) already released an OFFICIAL version already and jailbreaks perfectly and is a rather NEW JB Tool, and that PwnageTool (Mac) which started first, is still yet to release for 4.1
    So you're saying Sn0wbreeze does just the same thing as the yet to come PwnageTool?! I didn't knew that... Should i use Sn0wbreeze then?
    2010-10-09 08:10 PM
    No greenpoison was never bad except there was a gake version released which contained a virus.. The new one (on 10/10/10) will be real and won't steal passwords
    2010-10-09 08:14 PM
    lol any word of the teather for greenpoison?
    2010-10-09 08:25 PM
    since greenpoisi0n want work for a virgin 3gs, will this one??

I read the twitter and I've looked at the pictures and it looks like it should..Any confirmation??

I have a 3gs with no shsh on file for any firmware and I'm on 4.1...will this work

lol any word of the teather for greenpoison?
    untethered

confirmed from twitter and here
    Last edited by nerdyperdy; 2010-10-09 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-09 08:28 PM
608 ... 5131415161725 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD