Only problem I'm having on my iPhone 4 with 4.1 is that no matter how I run the Cydia install/Limera1n options, it doesn't remove the limera1n icon from my springboard. I can live with it for now though. Installed SBSettings and Winterboard so far no problems.
    Yeah, geohot forgot to add the delete button when you click on the red circle loool. I'll try to remove it via SSH later but right now im too busy installing cydia stuff lol.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!
    2010-10-10 12:21 AM
    I don't think there is hope Green Poisi0n now

MuscleNerd @p0sixninja burning a second bootrom exploit is not an option Think of the end users please.
    GP is going to use geohot's exploit which is great bc it will be more stable.. More features and run all devices. Win win

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-10 12:22 AM
    So I don't understand what the big deal is, if he wanted to release Monday or did it now, how does this affect GP and how does it affect Apple? We're talking about two days...I don't get it. You all said people with 4th generation processors are jailbroken for life with their current hardware (with either of these two jailbreakes) so could someone explain to me why people are ******** about this?
    "Don't hold it like that!"
    2010-10-10 12:23 AM
    I tried it with my 3GS and it didn't work. What could be the problem.
    You must have the new bootrom. Welcome to Geohot's buggy program land. Enjoy the RC1,2,3,4,5,6...ride. It will end when Geohot says it's a known Apple bug and then the Devteam fixes it for good.
    2010-10-10 12:24 AM
    I actually have the old bootrom
    2010-10-10 12:24 AM
    so far limera1n icon not going away on IPT 4
    2010-10-10 12:25 AM
    Yeah, geohot forgot to add the delete button when you click on the red circle loool. I'll try to remove it via SSH later but right now im too busy installing cydia stuff lol.
    I hear you. While I'm here, what's the password for iphone 4? is it still alpine until I change it?
    2010-10-10 12:25 AM
    I actually have the old bootrom
    How did you determine that? Just by the serial number?
    2010-10-10 12:26 AM
    No forecast
    Last edited by Arabprince; 2010-10-10 at 12:30 AM.
    2010-10-10 12:26 AM
    I did hear about Redsn0w for iPhone 3G 4.1, but I heard about major bugs like a white Cydia and missing phone icon, so I avoided it. I was hoping for a Geohot save! p:
    I don't have these problems.
    Hmm...
    2010-10-10 12:27 AM
    "we'll probably go with option C, but i'm too pissed off to work on this tonight. i'm going to go get wasted" I think p0sixninja has a drinking problem. LOL
    Looks like GP will still be released tomorrow...
    So I don't understand what the big deal is, if he wanted to release Monday or did it now, how does this affect GP and how does it affect Apple? We're talking about two days...I don't get it. You all said people with 4th generation processors are jailbroken for life with their current hardware (with either of these two jailbreakes) so could someone explain to me why people are ******** about this?
    When you can't jailbreak your iphone 5 or ipad 2 you may be able to thank geohot for that. This was an underhanded move to get his buggy product out on the market before chronicdev and poison could release. He stole comex untether without his permission and it will be patched by apple shortly. The jailbreak will remain for iphone 4's, but once the userland untether is patched by apple you will be plugging your phone in everytime you need to reboot. poison was more polished, tested anbd by some accounts a better jailbreak using comex untether with his permission. Geohot is punk ***** plain and simple.
    Yeah
    You can't trust that. How To Find Out iPhone 3GS Bootrom Version [Updated] - iPhone Hacks

Windows Users:

Step 1: Put your iPhone into DFU Mode (not recovery mode)

Connect your iPhone to your computer (important).

Turn iPhone off.

Start iTunes.
    * Hold Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds or so.
    * Release Power button but keep holding the Home button until your computer recognizes a new USB device.
    * A few seconds later iTunes will now recognize your iPhone.
    * Your iPhone screen should be blank (black in color), if you see the connect to iTunes logo, then you are most likely in Recovery Mode, not DFU mode.

Step 2: Right Click on My Computer (or Computer) in Explorer and click on: Properties -> Hardware (tab) -> Device Manager

Step 3: Select the + to open sub-menu items for "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller".

Step 4: Now look for "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver", right click and select Properties.

Step 5: Go to "Details" and find "Device Instance ID" or "Device Instance Patch".

Step 6: Youll find the bootrom version (iBoot) under Value for that property, as highlighted in the screenshots below:

Step 7: If its 359.3, iPhone 3GS has old bootrom. If its 359.3.2 or anything above that, its a new bootrom.
    2010-10-10 12:28 AM
    I don't have these problems.
    Oh, ok thanks!
    2010-10-10 12:29 AM
    Not cool... So not cool... I appreciate anybodies hard work but when it's not for the betterment of the community and only serves ones ego it's just childish... I mean seriously tomorrow morning we could have had a stable, likely multi-platform, piece of SW. While I respect geo's work and intelligence it doesn't make him anymore of an ***! I'm sure he'll screw chronic the next time around too! While I realize saving SHAtter for 5th gens is probably the best thing for the community if I were part of chronic I would want to release on principle. As far as I go that is an unselfish remark as I would love a 5G JB but there comes a point when enough is enough. There WILL be more vulnerabilities, I say they should they should take a stand instead of letting geo back them into a corner... Maybe one of them will read this...
    2010-10-10 12:29 AM
    Yes but I thought Apple could not patch the 4th generation devices from either of these two JB's? This sounds like Jody Sanders all over again bwahhhhhhh
    2010-10-10 12:30 AM
    this is funny. the main reason this made sense to release was for new 3gs phones and at least on mine it don't work...
    2010-10-10 12:30 AM
    I guess I will make it rain now. I was going to use GP but there is a chance it might get delayed, I'll make it rain. Sounds like things are running smoothly with it so far!
    2010-10-10 12:31 AM
    my bad....I meant Modem Firmware...one of my "Iphone 4" had firmware 02.10.04 and the other has 01.59.00...both on 4.1 The one with 02.10.04 works perfect..the othe rone loads limera1n but I cant open it.it tries than shuts the limera1n app down.
    2010-10-10 12:31 AM
608 ... 122021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD