restart your phone
    yep that did the trick. does anyone know the status of cydia apps on 4.1? like lockinfo, bitesms, winterboard, etc...
    2010-10-10 07:04 AM
    Looks like Geohot is hot on the updates already, he's already up to BETA 3 now just since the release yesterday evening. Going to bed now, looking forward to DrAmA Sunday!
    "Don't hold it like that!"
    2010-10-10 07:05 AM
    So I installed beta 1, do we install beta 2 first then 3 or can we go straight to beta 3?

Thanks geohot and chronic dev team!
    iphone 6 64gb
    2010-10-10 07:05 AM
    just jailbroke my i4 4.1 everything good over here..
    HIGH QUALITY BEATS FOR HIGH QUALITY ARTISTS

....MYSPACE.COM/GOTBEATS856.....
    2010-10-10 07:06 AM
    I'm unable to get my iPad to work with limera1n. I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong) because I was running the 4.2 beta for iPad, that my bootrom is updated (Just guessing). I downgraded to 3.2.2, but it just sits at "done" on the application but my iPad stays in restore mode.

Has anyone successfully jailbroken their iPad that was previously on 4.2?

Thanks
    2010-10-10 07:11 AM
    So those of you who've done a 3GS, have you been able to preserve the baseband so you can unlock? I've got a 3GS on 4.0.2 that I wanna JB so I can unlock it but I don't want ra1n to update it to 4.1 and update the baseband so I lose unlocking capability.
    2010-10-10 07:12 AM
    Download acf2dd from cydia.
    thanks a lot
    it works perfectly
    I'm unable to get my iPad to work with limera1n. I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong) because I was running the 4.2 beta for iPad, that my bootrom is updated (Just guessing). I downgraded to 3.2.2, but it just sits at "done" on the application but my iPad stays in restore mode.

Has anyone successfully jailbroken their iPad that was previously on 4.2?

Thanks
    could you kick it out of recovery?
    could you kick it out of recovery?
    I've tried but it keeps going back into recovery mode.
    2010-10-10 07:14 AM
    I will wait for chronic dev teams jailbreak, I always have my faith on them. I can wait for another week.
    You might be waiting for a while. Hopefully the Chronic Dev Team wont release their jailbreak now because that'd be releasing 2 exploits for Apple to patch in 1 jailbreak. Just wait until GeoHot's jailbreak gets all of its bugs worked out over time and it should be fine...
    2010-10-10 07:15 AM
    anyone else after using limera1n and wanting to restore back to factory 4.1 get stuck with 1004 error when trying to restore? Is this normal or did the JB **** up my phone?
    2010-10-10 07:18 AM
    Still won't work for 3GS on 4.1 Latest bb. Factory unlocked

I didn't have a prob just restored cos the jb didn't work
    Last edited by seaeagle; 2010-10-10 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-10 07:22 AM
    unable to jailbreak 3gs 4.1 5.14.02 F**k!!!!! What happen followed inctruction. how long do you hold down the home button?
    2010-10-10 07:28 AM
    Read the wiki. It simulates a hub with various specially-crafted USB device IDs which cause a sort of buffer over-flow. The jig was only reversed so that the boot process could be understood and made consistent. The only thing a PSJB device does with the jig is simulate it's device ID. It is NOT a jig clone. The whole process is documented and public. You should give it a read yourself before contradicting me. Also, you can't deny that this thread is also about Geohot, his actions, and his reputation (deserved and not-deserved).

I made my own Atmega and PIC based PSJB using Groove, Freedom, and more, but that's easy to do without understanding how it works (I needed to get an Atmega32u2 with a USB bootloader pre-flashed for that one but I have a PIC programmer and was able to make those from the ground up). Truth seekers like myself keep reading even if it's about something that's beyond their abilities.

As for "having" CFW: BS. He said that he could do it if Sony decided to remove OtherOS and he said that it was "possible."
    I was under the impression it was just a jig clone, I have Jb a friend ps3 with his iphone 3g. I wont JB mine. I want PSN. Geohot did sreww the ps3 scene over you cant deny that.

anyone else after using limera1n and wanting to restore back to factory 4.1 get stuck with 1004 error when trying to restore? Is this normal or did the JB **** up my phone?
    That means Tiny umbrella preserved your base band. Just use tiny umbrella to kick out of recover mode and you are good.

It's pretty easy..

1. Make sure you have iTunes installed (if you're on bootcamp win, have itunes installed).
    2. Double click limera1n
    3. Click make it ra1n
    4. Follow instructions in the box
    5. Click the blank icon 'limera1n' on the phone
    6. Install Cydia
    7. Turn off phone, and turn back on. You will see cydia and limera1n icon
    A buddy just told me mac users who use crossover can run int in a windows vista bottle.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 2010-10-10 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-10 07:32 AM
    Where is acf2dd I can't find it in cydia
    2010-10-10 07:33 AM
    Guys, sorry to sound thick, but how do I use limera1n?? do I have to put my iphone 4 into DFU mode??

Could someone please provide some instructions???

Thanks in advance
    2010-10-10 07:33 AM
    Guys, sorry to sound thick, but how do I use limera1n?? do I have to put my iphone 4 into DFU mode??

Could someone please provide some instructions???

Thanks in advance
    Connect your iDevice to your computer, then run limera1n and follow the instruction. Limera1n will show you from A to Z.
    2010-10-10 07:37 AM
    Iv been monitoring my phone with this jailbreak and it seems to try to send out personal information??? Any one else notice this? Tries to send out phone numbers, note, SMS, MMS to a server. I'll dig a little deeper and see what's goig on.

By the way my phone is a fresh 4.1 limera1n jailbreak. Nothing else installed but cydia
    2010-10-10 07:38 AM
    geohot does the right thing
    in the most douchbag way

hes sat on that exploit for a long time and should have iorned out a release with dev team to preserve shatter not some last minute ditch attempt with a buggy *** delivery

also, thank you for jb'in g my iphone
    2010-10-10 07:40 AM
    just connect your phone to your computer and click make it rain and from there, geohot pretty much holds your hand lol

anyways, i just JBed my iPad so i'm pretty happy about that.

i have an iPhone 4 on 4.01, JBed with JBM.com and is ultrasn0w dependant. if i preserve my BB with Tiny Umbrella am i good to go with limera1n for a 4.1 upgrade?

i think musclenerd said they arent compatible yet, but i may have misunderstood it.

thx
    2010-10-10 07:41 AM
1,096 ... 7151617181927 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD