Quite b*tching, theres a jailbreak that covers all devices (excluding 3gs for now) and is better then the shatter exploit at the moment. Geo obviously had to resort to a public beta release to stop the dev team from wasting the long-term exploit for future iphones and ipads. Yes it sh*tty that the dev team wasted their time working on greenpoison but if they would have listened and talked about the future outcome then they could of help made the green rain exploit less buggy. Also why was the dev team so anxious to get their exploit out so quickly. Usually their the ones telling the community to wait on them...
    -Dillberg-13
    2010-10-10 08:34 AM
    wont work for me at all its ****** my phone up and itunes will not restore it
    If ur iTunes will not restore it turn ur phone off and hold down the button at the bottom of ur phone and while holding that one down plug in ur USB cable and this will cause ur phone to go into force restore give that a try
    2010-10-10 08:35 AM
    gthugballin,
    Im ******** because he is a thief and screwed over a dev team who has been working very hard.
    2010-10-10 08:38 AM
    Quite b*tching, theres a jailbreak that covers all devices (excluding 3gs for now) and is better then the shatter exploit at the moment. Geo obviously had to resort to a public beta release to stop the dev team from wasting the long-term exploit for future iphones and ipads. Yes it sh*tty that the dev team wasted their time working on greenpoison but if they would have listened and talked about the future outcome then they could of help made the green rain exploit less buggy. Also why was the dev team so anxious to get their exploit out so quickly. Usually their the ones telling the community to wait on them...
    Quite should be quit
    "Should of" just sounds stupid, try should have
    2010-10-10 08:39 AM
    iphone 4 4.0.2 from Telcel Mexico
    update to 4.1 with itunes sucess!!
    limera1n on windows 7 ultimate 64 bits success!!
    DFU mode sucess!!
    Install Cydia sucess!!
    Reboot
    Cydia icon jailbrake sucess!!

no problems at all works perfect
    2010-10-10 08:40 AM
    Thanks,
    Sorry I'm half asleep right now and cant spell
    -Dillberg-13
    2010-10-10 08:42 AM
    Can somebody please just give me a straight answer:

Will limerain jailbreak the newest 4.2 beta firmware for iPad? That's really all I'm excited about.

Thanks in advance.
    2010-10-10 08:47 AM
    Well, if you're on OSX, parallels doesn't work. Too much USB confusion. You have to reboot into a Bootcamp partition. Anyway, got my limra1n 4.1 going just fine. Thank goodness for pkgbackup (cydia, get with the program already with restore functionality). With cydelte, you can hose the limera1n icon if it bugs you. Everything seems fine except my signal app doesn't seem to be 4.2 compliant...
    Last edited by farfromovin; 2010-10-10 at 09:26 AM.
    2010-10-10 08:47 AM
    i know its very soon, i have an 3GS 4.1 05.14.XX firmware, is there anyways to jailbreak and unlock for using Mac yet?
    2010-10-10 08:48 AM
    I think this post made the least sense ever, But i Think I kinda got what you mean,
    Okay First Geohot is not a hero, He is a thief, No new Exploit Just one stolen from comex, One given to Geo in confidence.

For everyone who thinks that Limera1n uses the jailbreakme exploit you are sadly mistaken. Apple patched that with 4.0.2. Limera1n uses a NEW exploit also developed by comex to untether both SHAter and Limera1n.

There are 2 stages to these jailbreaks. First is the bootrom exploit which gains root access. After this you need an iboot exploit or userland exploit to untether it.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Second This isnt "The" Dev team This is The Chronic Dev Team

Third Its "Limera1n" Not "Green rain"

I know this is mean but I hope Chronic Dev Releases greenposi0n on sunday and burns the other exploit out, It would Be Geohots Fault For being such a thief and attention whore. I would in no way hold the chronic dev team responsible for the lost exploit, They have been working on green poisi0n for a long time, Longer then the 6 months geo said he was working on lamera1n.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 2010-10-10 at 08:55 AM.
    2010-10-10 08:51 AM
    Great walkthrough by Dino:

2010-10-10 08:56 AM
    @north_star_13
    Your one to talk your probably not a 3GS owner.
    2010-10-10 08:57 AM
    put limera1n to computer/local disk/program files/common files/apple/Apple Application Support . and try again if it work
    2010-10-10 08:58 AM
    gthugballin,
    Im ******** because he is a thief and screwed over a dev team who has been working very hard.
    I understand you do not like Geohot one bit. I'm not going to bother trying to discuss that with you, but let's at least stick to the truth. Geohot did not steal anything at all (accept maybe the spotlight) and is not a thief whatsoever. Not trustworthy? Perhaps. A liar? Perhaps. A tremendous help to the JB community? Absolutely.

As I stated earlier, there have been instances in the past where Geohot was given privileged information regarding exploits/jailbreaks and then used that same information against the original developer(s) or used it in his own jailbreak that he released before theirs. That is common knowledge. Yet, for whatever reason, he was again given privileged information, in this case Comex's untether exploit, before it was used publicly. What logical reason could there be to give Geohot the jailbreak before GreenPois0n was released? George's track record shows that he can't be trusted in regards to unreleased code/exploits but now members of Chronic throw a fit when George simply did the same thing that he's done in the past?!?!?

Something just doesn't add up...
    2010-10-10 08:58 AM
    I can't believe you guys are still crying over this. If you don't like GeoHot, don't use his JB and STFU. It's that simple.
    2010-10-10 08:59 AM
    W000t limera1n now supports 3GS both bootrooms even check on the official site limera1n.com it clearly says beta 3 3GS new bootroom support.
    2010-10-10 09:03 AM
    Did it unlock your ip4 as well or just jailbreak?
    2010-10-10 09:07 AM
    What about for those of us that have a Mac? Like myself. I'm pretty much screwed right now.
    2010-10-10 09:17 AM
    @halo204561 No your not all they have to do the port the program to Mac which won't take too long.
    2010-10-10 09:22 AM
    i just ra1ned my 3gs new bootrom on latest firmware and it worked fine. it didnt run fully at first so i tried it again and got it to run. ran the app and installed cydia but it wouldnt reboot so i rebooted myself and then the limerain icon showed up. reinstalled cydia but limera1n crashed so did it again manualy rebooted phone then cydia was there. ya a lil work but it worked completely
    2010-10-10 09:23 AM
1,096 ... 9171819202129 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD