I had issues installing LimeRa1n on my iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) where it would never show the limera1n icon. I tried the reboot as suggested and even attempted to redo the limera1n as administrator without success.

I have a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and it doesn't work!!!

BUT........ I attempted to install via a 32-bit version of Windows 7 without any issues! The limera1n icon appeared and I was able to launch it and install cydia.

For those having issues where the limera1n icon is not appearing, attempt to install on a 32-bit version of Windows.
    2010-10-10 06:49 PM
    It's probably best for iPhone 3G users to downgrade firmware, I've heard too many problems with Redsn0w, even on Windows. Haven't messed with Sn0wbreeze in awhile, so I don't know how great/stable it is from previous versions.
    Generally, an iPhone 3G 4.1 jailbreak sounds like a risk taker.
    What issues have you heard of? I have used it many times now and worked flawlessly.
    Has anyone been able to get facetime to work with my3g on 4.1?? Every time I try to make a facetime call I get "Factime Failed connect to wifi" error message.

What do I need to do to fix this?
    None of the FaceTime over 3G apps are working on 4.1, but they'll probably update
    Facetime sucks. Download "Tango". Its 7 times better an even works on TMobile edge pretty nicely haha
    2010-10-10 06:54 PM
    What issues have you heard of? I have used it many times now and worked flawlessly.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHfOWh5dJHE"]Redsn0w Jailbreak[/ame]

Skip towards the end (yea I know it's an iPod Touch 2G), he couldn't successfully jailbreak it. Plus, those comments are unsatisfying too. Though, there are still some positive comments no doubt.
    2010-10-10 06:57 PM
    yes!! i got sbsettings and ssh working fine
    2010-10-10 06:58 PM
    I'm having an issue with InifiniFolders - it only works when the apps are in edit mode (shaking). Anyone else had this problem/know what's going on? I think it might have something to do with my having FolderEnhancer installed before I upgraded (and FE doesn't work on 4.1 yet )
    2010-10-10 07:03 PM
    Edit out after research.
    Last edited by unison999; 2010-10-10 at 07:45 PM.
    2010-10-10 07:04 PM
    There is no delay on greenpois0n and limera1n works good so far it's been out for about 4 hours www.idevicedaily.com
    Mmmm. Well there is a delay.
    http://chronic-dev.org/blog/2010/10/delayed/
    2010-10-10 07:05 PM
    I have a 3gs New Bootroom ( its an MC model so im guessing this) and it is jailbroken by jailbreakme on 4.0, and the guy is bought it form said it is unlocked already and at that time it wasnt jailbroken so im guessing hes lying but it works fine with my network so im not complaining. If i update to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n will i lose my unlcok by ANY chance, just want to be sure?
    You will lose your unlock if you upgrade to 4.1 through iTunes. Wait for Pwnage Tool to be released so you can upgrade to 4.1 without upgrading your baseband.
    2010-10-10 07:05 PM
    I have a 3gs New Bootroom ( its an MC model so im guessing this) and it is jailbroken by jailbreakme on 4.0, and the guy is bought it form said it is unlocked already and at that time it wasnt jailbroken so im guessing hes lying but it works fine with my network so im not complaining. If i update to 4.1 and jailbreak with limera1n will i lose my unlcok by ANY chance, just want to be sure?

This is only jailbreak not unlock, have not heard anything about unlock yet. So if you need unlock DO NOT UPGRADE
    2010-10-10 07:07 PM
    You will lose your unlock if you upgrade to 4.1 through iTunes. Wait for Pwnage Tool to be released so you can upgrade to 4.1 without upgrading your baseband.
    TinyUmbrella can do that now, right?
    How to: Update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 While Preserving Baseband 01.59.00
    2010-10-10 07:08 PM
    -mod edit-

Do not post mirrors with donations buttons when you know damn well the dev doesn't take donations.

It's deceptive to anyone that may not know this and it looks like the dev is actually getting the funds. Plus it's kind of a ***** move.

Do it again and you're banned.
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2010-10-10 at 07:59 PM.
    2010-10-10 07:09 PM
    limera1n is not working for ipod why?
    2010-10-10 07:09 PM
    Well I got lucky and downgraded back to 4.0 to re-jailbreak. I guess I have to wait for a more "stable" release or an easier one (LOL). My iTouch doesn't like to go into DFU mode. Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I upgraded to 4.1 via iTunes no problem. Then I ran LimeRa1n and followed the steps...booted it into recovery mode. Held the home and power button and screen turns black and stays there. LimeRa1n doesn't tell me to release the power button until I release it beforehand. Then it just cycles in recovery mode. I tried to "retry" holding the home and power buttons and still nothing, just recovery mode. I ran the program under administrator and all that stuff. If anyone has any advice or solid tips it'll be appreciated. Thanks.
    I thought I had same problem, but on 3rd try I just wait for the program to prompt me. It took a bit longer but it did boot up.
    2010-10-10 07:12 PM
    Finally got it working on 3gs's
    3gs iPhone 32gb-Jailbroken factory unlocked
    iPhone 4 jailbroken & factory unlocked
    2010-10-10 07:14 PM
    ****YOU HAVE TO RUN LIMERA1N as "Administrator" in windows!!!**** This is key!

Then once the exploit is complete and limera1n reboots your phone....reboot it once again on your own!

Let me know if that helped you out

iPhone 4 running 4.1 JB with limera1n NO PROBLEMS YET!

some apps that don't work on 4.1 yet that I've noticed:
    SBsetting "Remove Background" - Crashes phone and reboots in safe mode
    Folder Enhancer - Will not install
    USB Drive (never worked for me)

Working apps:
    SbSettings & Themes/Toggles
    Cydia
    iFile
    MyWi 4.0
    3G-Unrestrictor
    Multiflow
    Backgrounder
    Winterboard & Themes
    Lockinfo & Themes/Addons
    Cyntact
    CyDelete
    Activator
    Frash
    GroupSend
    HomePage in Safari
    iAdKiller
    Infinifolders
    Navigate from maps
    OpenSSH
    PlayAwake
    QuickReply for SMS
    Resupported4
    Safari Download Manager
    SpringFlash
    Synchronicity
    TVOut2 MIrror TVOut
    UnlimTones
    UnlimVideos
    YourTube 2
    Correction...sorry Infinfolders does not work! When I click on a folder that has more than the standard (12) it just goes to a blank screen showing just the background. Hit the home button to return!

I'm having an issue with InifiniFolders - it only works when the apps are in edit mode (shaking). Anyone else had this problem/know what's going on? I think it might have something to do with my having FolderEnhancer installed before I upgraded (and FE doesn't work on 4.1 yet )

After messing around for sometime now, I found out that If you turn "ON" "Vertical Paging" in the infinifolders settings, that It will work FINE. Let me know if this helped you or not.
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?
    2010-10-10 07:14 PM

Skip towards the end (yea I know it's an iPod Touch 2G), he couldn't successfully jailbreak it. Plus, those comments are unsatisfying too. Though, there are still some positive comments no doubt.
    Most of those comments are probably user error. Also his ipod touch is already jailbroken before he starts the process (he has wallpaper enabled) which probably is a factor in him having problems. Also choosing verbose boot probably didn't help things. Trust me, redsn0w is a very stable, tried and tested jailbreak. That being said I havent used it on any iPod touches, but have had no difficulty with iPhone 3G.
    2010-10-10 07:15 PM
    After messing around for sometime now, I found out that If you turn "ON" "Vertical Paging" in the infinifolders settings, that It will work FINE. Let me know if this helped you or not.
    /facepalm

I had "vertical scrolling" turned off. That's what I get for doing this slightly inebriated at 4 am.

Thanks for the help.
    2010-10-10 07:19 PM
    Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to say that Limera1n worked perfected on both my iphone 4 and my ipad.
    iPhone 4 was on 4.01 and was already jailbroken with Spirit. Upgraded to firmware 4.1 via itunes and then did the JB, worked fine.
    Ipad was on 3.2 firmware, and broken with Spirit. Upgraded to 3.2.2 via iTunes and JB again with no problems.
    All my Cydia apps and cracked App Store apps are working fine. So errors or crashes so far.
    Very simple and easy to use JB.
    2010-10-10 07:19 PM
1,096 ... 20282930313240 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD