User Tag List

T-Mobile takes a shot at Apple and AT&T in a new TV commercial that spoofs Cupertino's "Get a Mac" TV spots. At the heart of the ad is the iPhone 4 and how the Apple smartphone (with FaceTime) has weighed down AT&T's 3G network. Pointing to the strength of T-Mobile's 4G network and the ability to enjoy video chats in places where WiFi isn't available, the ad has many Apple fans talking and even more Apple critics chuckling.

T-Mobile is simply the latest carrier to take aim at Apple over network coverage. In 2009, Verizon and AT&T tangled in a veritable onslaught of mutual attacks that ultimately resulted in a legal showdown. Tempers and tactics of that nature have since cooled between Verizon and AT&T. T-Mobile, however, doesn't seem reluctant in the least - judging by the brazen nature of this new commercial - to go for the jugular on what many perceive to be among the weakest attributes of the iPhone 4 experience.

By his own admission, Apple CEO Steve Jobs said there is work to be done and tweaks to be made to improve upon the iPhone 4 user experience, particularly with regard to the use of services like FaceTime. And until those improvements are made - either from Apple directly or its exclusive US carrier, AT&T - it's a safe bet that parodies from T-Mobile and others will continue in full.

T-Mobile
    2010-11-03 08:46 PM
    Is the my-touch face-time compatible?
    if so that would be kinda a double punch... we can video chat with ip4 users (as long as THEY are on wifi) i use my3g, it works great!
    2010-11-03 08:55 PM
    I want Catheryn Zeta Jones back...
    It is more of an attack on the AT&T network than Apple.
    2010-11-03 08:55 PM
    I want Catheryn Zeta Jones back...
    It is more of an attack on the AT&T network than Apple.
    Agreed
    2010-11-03 09:00 PM
    You have to admit it folks it is a good an funny add ;-) plus even though i'm an iPhone 4 user, facts are facts about Network Speeds and User Experiences. (Where even though Video calling has been present for sometime, the user experience on FaceTime is something I wish I can have on my 3G or 3.5G network & not just via WiFi)

(Small note: I'm using IL Pelephone as my Mobile Service Provider and yes they do have the Video calling via 3G on the other Mobile/Smart Phones they sell for like dogs years)
    2010-11-03 09:00 PM
    Its an attack to Apple and At&t. At&t for their lack of coverage and non 4g deployment until sometime next year. It's a shot at Apple as QIK services has wanted to work with Apple on some kind of Video Chat that would allow Android users with Video Chat with iPhone 4 users.
    2010-11-03 09:01 PM
    I fail to see how this is mocking apple.
    2010-11-03 09:08 PM
    That's all good and everything but I have an iPhone for and I think I've used Facetime like 3 or 4 times.. Maybe it's because I have to be hooked up with wifi.. Yeah.. That's it...
    2010-11-03 09:09 PM
    Its an attack to Apple and At&t. At&t for their lack of coverage and non 4g deployment until sometime next year. It's a shot at Apple as QIK services has wanted to work with Apple on some kind of Video Chat that would allow Android users with Video Chat with iPhone 4 users.

There is already an app for that. It's called Tango and it's free in the App Store. Video chat on 3G networks with android phones or even the 3Gs.
    2010-11-03 09:12 PM
    Funny that they should mock when their data network is almost non-existant and the slowest out there by far.
    2010-11-03 09:20 PM
    lollerskates
    2010-11-03 09:24 PM
    What?! T-Mobile has 4G?! Thats BS. Its just like Sprints 4G, good luck getting any. I mean T-Mobile's 3G isnt even that good so I cant imagine when Verizon, and eventually, AT&T roll out their 4G, T-Mobile's 4G is going to look like sh*t!
    2010-11-03 09:25 PM
    you all should be ashamed of ur self,thanks to Apple everybody is dying now to get video calling working on there phone or network like FACETIME,but i guess we all ungrateful creatures
    2010-11-03 09:25 PM
    Last time i checked, you can facetime with 3g, it's called My3G
    And i though 4g hasn't even arrived yet
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No
    2010-11-03 09:27 PM
    4g just means forth generation network its not true 4g. I mean its not even true 3g for that matter. Its sorta like sprint coming out in 2008 with a 4g network that you could get in the heart of boston and only on one phone.
    2010-11-03 09:29 PM
    hahahahaha.... 4G? They cant just decide to call their 3G Network 4G because they "upgraded" it... I call BS. True 4G wont be around until 2013.
    2010-11-03 09:38 PM
    I fail to see how this is mocking apple.
    You really need a brain
    2010-11-03 09:44 PM
    Apple was not on the back of the iP4 user.... it was.. drumroll pleeaasseee... AT&T Tmobile was mocking AT&T for not allowing video chat over their network. Had little to do with Apple at all. Apple didn't choose that AT&T did. My two bits. I've had both networks and as high priced as AT&T is they have better coverage and faster speeds then Tmobile anyday, hands down. At least in my area.
    2010-11-03 09:51 PM
    Where I live, you use at&t or nothing, t moble, sprint and verizon is very, very weak. My wife and I use facetime all the time, with My3G.
    2010-11-03 09:51 PM
    YUP!! iPhone 4 FaceTime over "my3g"
    2010-11-03 09:54 PM
72 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD