User Tag List

I assume Notifier+ is different than Open Notifier that I've been seeing on Twitter which integrates in to every application including ESPN, Facebook, pretty much unlimited icons on the top. I'm waiting for that one!
    I want Open Notifier!
    2010-11-17 12:57 AM
    Crap!! I bought notifier+ thinking it it was open notifier
    2010-11-17 01:10 AM
    2) Parallax: could be cool, but finding a wallpaper, with enough quality to actually be amazing, would be challenging for the resolution on the i4.
    this is actually quite easy, just do a search for dual monitor wallpapers.
    2010-11-17 02:20 AM
    I think I'll hold off for open notifier as well (just to put my vote in), but is anyone else getting an internal server error when trying to buy an app? I'm trying to buy iDiscreat JB, but just keep getting error 500
    2010-11-17 03:20 AM
    Oh nice, great to hear that there are new updates in Cydia. You guys only run this story when there's nothing else i-related to mention right?

Yeah, cool story w/e, so I can expect to see a ModMyI update about the Google Voice app finally coming out in another 2-3 days, right? Or maybe an article announcing The Beatles finally coming to iTunes? I mean, I remember you guys were a day late on the whole iPhones-will-be-1-hour-off-due-to-DST-bug so my expectations are low but this is getting bad.

You ModMyI writers are awful at keeping up with the news.
    2010-11-17 03:35 AM
    Oh nice, great to hear that there are new updates in Cydia. You guys only run this story when there's nothing else i-related to mention right?

Yeah, cool story w/e, so I can expect to see a ModMyI update about the Google Voice app finally coming out in another 2-3 days, right? Or maybe an article announcing The Beatles finally coming to iTunes? I mean, I remember you guys were a day late on the whole iPhones-will-be-1-hour-off-due-to-DST-bug so my expectations are low but this is getting bad.

You ModMyI writers are awful at keeping up with the news.
    Seeing that you registered over two years ago, you should have noticed by now that this is a quasi-weekly topic to let everyone know about new apps/updates in Cydia.

They already wrote an article about the official Google Voice app back in September.

Awesome try at being a smartass though.
    2010-11-17 03:40 AM
    Seeing that you registered over two years ago, you should have noticed by now that this is a quasi-weekly topic to let everyone know about new apps/updates in Cydia.

They already wrote an article about the official Google Voice app back in September.

Awesome try at being a smartass though.
    I do my best.
    2010-11-17 03:42 AM
    I don't know about you guy but i think Parallax slows down the phone a little..
    2010-11-17 03:56 AM
    I think I'll hold off for open notifier as well (just to put my vote in), but is anyone else getting an internal server error when trying to buy an app? I'm trying to buy iDiscreat JB, but just keep getting error 500
    Yep, I got an error 500 too when I went to go buy Notifier+, which is an awesome app. The repeating audio alerts are well worth the price paid for this app. I've been waiting months for the dev to release this new version ....the old Notifier's audio alerts stopped working when iOS4 was released.
    2010-11-17 04:13 AM
    Parallax for iPad. Come on
    2010-11-17 04:33 AM
    I bought Notifier+ & Parallax after reading this & I love 'em both!. Thanks to the devs!.
    2010-11-17 05:26 AM
    Love the no badges tweak! now my theme looks even better
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
    -- Harry S. Truman
    2010-11-17 05:35 AM
    Yeah, cant buy anything...

error 500
    2010-11-17 06:15 AM
    Is Open Notifier going the support reitna? I have a notifier app on my phone now but those choppy block envelopes and exclamation bubbles look so out of place up there.
    Yes it does
    2010-11-17 06:25 AM
    I'll do this in order:

1) Notifier: might come in handy, may pick it up if I get the urge to try a new toy.

2) Parallax: could be cool, but finding a wallpaper, with enough quality to actually be amazing, would be challenging for the resolution on the i4.

3) iDiscrete: no real need for this myself, but I picked it up last week because I want to hide some of those text pics we all get from the kids' eyes, lol. Seems pretty cool so far.

4) No Badges: definitely picking this up, I HATE those icons!

5) My3G: I hate that they release updates without notes.

6) PowerAlerter: Do people really need this?
    Ummmm thanks..? lol!

iDiscrete sounds pretty cool, I'll have to give it a look-see.
    2010-11-17 07:48 AM
    Good stuff. IdiscreteJB looks interesting
    2010-11-17 08:36 AM
    so whats the resolution with parallax?
    2010-11-17 09:04 AM
    so whats the resolution with parallax?
    It would depend on how many pages you have...

960x(640*P) Where P is the number of pages.

So on mine it would be 960x1920 because I have three pages. This will provide the best possible quality across all pages while scrolling. If you go too wide it will look squished, and too small will look stretched and pixelated (pretty much negating the retina display's effect on your springboard.)

That's all assuming you have an i4 though, I forgot what the 3GS res is. If you have a 3G, they recommend not even trying.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.
    2010-11-17 11:25 AM
    Okay...pardon the ignorance, but what is a badge? I'm assuming it's the little red circle attached to icons telling you how many new messages and stuff are available.
    2010-11-17 12:58 PM
    Yep that is what a badge is.
    2010-11-17 01:22 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD