Soo.. I'm confused. I have an iPhone 4 with blobs saved for 4.1.
    Do I need to wait..?

yes u need to wait. y ppl r so curious abt loosing their jailbreak nd updating to 4.2. just bc theres jailbreak tethered why wouldt u want to give up on untethered. if u feel the need to go to 4.2 try it nd see how u like running to ur pc each time u reboot unless ur out of your house. day will be very long for all of you that try this.
    2010-11-23 07:42 AM
    y would you*
    2010-11-23 07:43 AM
    I don't get why you would want to ask such a dumb question. This is "modmyi". The focus and purpose of this website is to facilitate iDevice users who want more from their devices than Apple allows for. By your logic no one has any reason to jailbreak an iPhone, and iPod touch, or an iPad. Take your nonsense to another website.
    Bravo. some people make such dumb as comments if you even ask this question you do not understand the first thing about JB..!
    2010-11-23 07:43 AM
    yall are a bunch of babies. All you do is benfit from somebody elses scripts and exploits and you just b!tch about it like there is no tomorrow.
    There is no tomorrow.
    There is only now.

Until you understand that, you will always be chasing shadows...

I don't get it. Why do people waste there time asking for answers in the forums when the site has an awesome guides section.
    Because of Google. People do a Google search on "iphone 4.2 help" and somehow arrive at the forums, and never at the guides section. Partly, because the guides always contain info that's at least a little old, or out of date. Most of that information still applies (and applies better than 99% of the yammer in the forum) but Google will still hit the forums first.

Blame Sergey.

For god sakes I'm so tired of people not just in the forums here but people in my circle of friends asking how to perform even the simplest tasks. Wether it's a problem on there laptop(pc/Mac) or on there smartphone. The web is so overrun with guides to help u step by step so anything from hackintosh guides to wiping your arse properly.
    Great example. Many/most of the hackintosh guides start out with "first off, get an Intel. AMD sux." so people who already bought into the AMD lifecycle may find themselves searching in vain for ages, before finding a guide that matches their arcane collection of hardware.

Those guides tell you how to make a hackintosh work- but they tell you how to start, and if you don't want to start there (as many people don't) you either have to dive into a steep learning curve, or else start begging for help from your friends and the Web. Asking for help takes much less effort.

Instead of always asking how, or when. Why don't some of u use the smartphone in your hand, choose your search engine and do some reading.
    Possibly because the search engine led them here.
    What they need to do is learn how to use it properly.
    More work :P
    U just might surprise yourselves and have an "ah ha" moment. All anyone seems to care about is the destination and not the journey. Not saying this is the type if place u shouldn't ask for help in. Just look around I'm sure the question your about to ask has been answered already. Don't set yourself up to be ridiculed in post such as this one.
    Its not always easy to find the question, since other people who asked it before used different wording. Usually.

Sigh..... I guess I'm saying I'm tired of lazy douchbags who ask the same questions time and time again. Don't they know that anything below an iphone3s is better served to stay on 3.1.3
    No they don't!

Apple sure doesn't tell them that.
    How are they supposed to know they shouldn't upgrade?
    and use the many tweaks in Cydia to get the features of the newer firmware. I don't get it at all. I got to go shoot someone on black ops. Lol. Damn what a long post. Sorry for the rant you guys.
    Installing random Cydia tweaks seems to cause more aggravation than a fairly bare Springboard. People try that, have crashy or laggy iphones and start feeling disgruntled about the whole Cydia thing.

Learning how iOS works, understanding what it is that you want from it, and choosing just those bits and pieces that will help shape your device into the tool you need- is a fine art.
    Very few users will have the patience for that, so "MODYOURPHONE 4 DUMMIES" will always have a place. And the dummies will do all those things you hate. Not because they're dumb, but just because.
    2010-11-23 07:46 AM
    Those of you who own an iPhone3G, older iPhone3GS, and non-MC iPod touch 2G will benefit the most with this news from the Dev-Team. They explain that due to a combination of the original pwnage2 exploit, the arm7_go exploit, 24kpwn, and limera1n, your device is “just as jailbreakable as ever.”
    How long is it going to take for this jailbreak to come out?
    2010-11-23 07:56 AM
    How long is it going to take for this jailbreak to come out?
    asking the same question thats been asked over and over isnt going to make it come out any sooner. Nor does anyone have an answer. Its out when its out.
    2010-11-23 08:07 AM
    Just updated to the new firmware and used a patch to get cydia working..... ba bow!

looks funny though...
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
    -- Harry S. Truman
    2010-11-23 08:08 AM
    yall are a bunch of babies. All you do is benfit from somebody elses scripts and exploits and you just b!tch about it like there is no tomorrow. Oh it was so soooo hard for you to use somebody elses hard work how dare you. Leave the community. it's @$$HOLES like yall that made geo almost not come out with a jailbreak for iphone 4.
    You need to pump brakes. I'm a baby cause I don't feel like redoing my phone on a weekly/monthly basis? Yeah, I'm an a hole because I'm sick of dealing with app compatibility, the new gen HW/SW transition in general, and Cydia being total trash. I just have better sh*t to do with my life, like a daughter, a career, a life, ect. than to worry about my effing CELL PHONE!

I'm still into tech. I love it. I may even jb again (I have been at it since 07). Im just not into giving an electronic object more attention than my girlfriend.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.
    2010-11-23 08:08 AM
    I wish everybody would stop complaining all the time, just wait and see. it's not the end of the world if you have to live without a jailbroken device for some time.
    I also wich my iPad was jailbroken to be able to customise it again, I couls as well downgrade it to do that but what the heck it's just a question of time.
    @all those people working hard out there for us GOOD JOB and thnx.
    Last edited by djslash; 2010-11-23 at 08:12 AM.
    2010-11-23 08:09 AM
    I wish that the wishers who keep wishing that the other wishers stop wishing,
    would stop wishing.
    Last edited by raduga; 2010-11-23 at 08:29 AM.
    2010-11-23 08:23 AM
    You need to pump brakes. I'm a baby cause I don't feel like redoing my phone on a weekly/monthly basis? Yeah, I'm an a hole because I'm sick of dealing with app compatibility, the new gen HW/SW transition in general, and Cydia being total trash. I just have better sh*t to do with my life, like a daughter, a career, a life, ect. than to worry about my effing CELL PHONE!

I'm still into tech. I love it. I may even jb again (I have been at it since 07). Im just not into giving an electronic object more attention than my girlfriend.
    Its simple, dont update with every new update and you wont have to spend as much time on it, then you'll have time for your precious life.
    2010-11-23 08:27 AM
    I don't get why you would want to jailbreak an iPad now that it has multitasking and folders...
    For 3rd party apps and features not available in "The App Store".
    2010-11-23 08:47 AM
    The whole jailbreak team is awesome. You guys rock! Thanks for working hard to bring awesomeness to everyone else's crap. Also - though I believe in the software freedom movement, I'd definitely pay for the untethered unlock of iPhone4/iPad.
    2010-11-23 09:08 AM
    What the Hell???!!!!

The headline is confusing!

I just upgraded my phone and tried greenpoison and limera1n and it wont work!!!

SO is it not possible to JB the iphone 4 yet on 4.2 or what?
    2010-11-23 09:09 AM
    yes u need to wait. y ppl r so curious abt loosing their jailbreak nd updating to 4.2. just bc theres jailbreak tethered why wouldt u want to give up on untethered. if u feel the need to go to 4.2 try it nd see how u like running to ur pc each time u reboot unless ur out of your house. day will be very long for all of you that try this.
    Lol!!! - been there. Done that. Got the souvenir brick.
    2010-11-23 09:09 AM
    Just so you guys know, limera1n and redsn0w are unable to jailbreak 4.2 on the iPhone4.
    2010-11-23 09:38 AM
    I'm totally over jailbreaking for now. I've been in the scene since the 2G days, but I'm tired of it. Some problems due to me, some Apple and some the devs. From 3Gs to i4 was a pain. Compatibility issues with Cydia apps. Then 4.0.1 to 4.1. Just a time consuming update. Then rock acquisition. Epic asspains. Then i4 replacement for prox switch. Epic asspains round 2. Then bad jailbreak, needing restore. Annoying. Now, 4.2 + new Cydia? I can already see what's up. 5.0 will be out before the devs catch up with app compatibility. I'm tired of cat and mouse, tired of worrying so I can have SB Settings and winterboard. Im tired of constantly having to f*ck with my goddamn phone. I just want it to work maintenance free. I'm goin stock for a while, maybe permanent.
    Every time I get my phone or iPad just perfect an update comes out and I always lose everything in the process on my iDevice. The iPad doesn't need jailbreak IMHO more focus on the iPhone 3G IMHO is needed. I think the jailbreak and unlock should be available for every update within 24 hrs of release.IMHO cydia was meant for the smaller devices and works best on them. Anyway the iPad came out just this year!
    2010-11-23 10:12 AM
    Every time I get my phone or iPad just perfect an update comes out and I always lose everything in the process on my iDevice. The iPad doesn't need jailbreak IMHO more focus on the iPhone 3G IMHO is needed. I think the jailbreak and unlock should be available for every update within 24 hrs of release.IMHO cydia was meant for the smaller devices and works best on them. Anyway the iPad came out just this year!
    Well, although I agree with a release within 24 hours of Apple's release; I think thats asking a bit much. These releases have been coming out since the original iPhone and not 1 cent has been asked in order to jailbreak.
    I think "demanding" (or if you wish to use the word "requesting") 24 hours for a new release from the dev team is kinda over the top for a free product.

However, I thought the dev team kept their exploit a secret? Ever since limera1n, there was no need to release another exploit for Apple to plug up. Or was it plugged up by chance?

I am not demanding releases or unlocking or ez2do guides. Just a little information here and there.
    Last edited by zachthecat; 2010-11-23 at 10:44 AM.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat
    2010-11-23 10:23 AM
    I'm sorry but i will have to ask this as that original post said "...your iPhone 3G IS just as jailbreakable as ever.” SO, i have an iPhone 3G. Can i upgrade for 4.1.2 with the latest iTunes on my Mac and then jailbreak it? I don't want to lose my apps and cydia packages settings and all that, so what should i do?
    2010-11-23 10:50 AM
    I'm sorry but i will have to ask this as that original post said "...your iPhone 3G IS just as jailbreakable as ever.” SO, i have an iPhone 3G. Can i upgrade for 4.1.2 with the latest iTunes on my Mac and then jailbreak it? I don't want to lose my apps and cydia packages settings and all that, so what should i do?
    I would recommend you to sit tight before updating. In fact, I would recommend you downgrade your device to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 because ios4 is definitely not for the iPhone 3G.

This release from Apple is fairly new so wait about 72 hours for more information from the dev team.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat
    2010-11-23 10:54 AM
187 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD