User Tag List

Thank-you for the Step there Raduga, I'll refer to it every five minutes to keep me sane. lol. I was really just confused by the tether/untether/new devices deal along with Redsnow and such. Needs a clear cut answer to my specific device.

As for Jahooba and the quoted text, surely upgrading/jailbreaking EVERY couple of weeks and whatnot to stay the most current can have these problems. And yes, if you take to it before all the kinks are worked out then problems and reboots arise. Personally, I wait for a nice stable jailbreak/update and then stick with it for a few releases, which is usually six months to a year. Hell, I was on 3.1.2 since it came out and was jailbroken until the iPhone4 came out, and then waited two months more to get the iPhone4.

4.0.1 to 4.2.1 is a good upgrade, plenty of features for a good solid upgrade. 4.0.1 to 4.1. not so much.
    2010-11-23 06:37 PM
    Should I stay on 4.0.1?
    2010-11-23 07:01 PM
    Should I stay on 4.0.1?
    Sure.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat
    2010-11-23 07:03 PM
    yall are a bunch of babies. All you do is benfit from somebody elses scripts and exploits and you just b!tch about it like there is no tomorrow. Oh it was so soooo hard for you to use somebody elses hard work how dare you. Leave the community. it's @$ like yall that made geo almost not come out with a jailbreak for iphone 4.
    geohot has a gigantic ego that was not being stroked enough, so he faked his departure from the scene by throwing his supporters (including the ones that donated) under the bus by pointing at them as his source of annoyance.

he claimed to be annoyed by the attention but proceeded to post up useless "updates" on his twitter that caused the exact situation his was complaining about. he loved the attention but also loved to ***** about it.

he then upstaged the dev team by purposely releasing his JB right before the determined release date for greenpois0n

and he did at for his ego and for all the attention he complained about. it's @$$holes like you that give him a bigger head...
    2010-11-23 07:11 PM
    Should I stay on 4.0.1?
    you can update to whichever iOS you like but personally I wouldn't go past 4.1 for now especially if you depend on an unlock. 4.1 is untethered for any iPhone(excluding 2g) so why go past 4.1 and end up with a tethered jailbreak
    2010-11-23 07:13 PM
    So does this mean iphone 4 users can JB 4.2 with limerain????
    2010-11-23 07:15 PM
    I don't get why you would want to ask such a dumb question. This is "modmyi". The focus and purpose of this website is to facilitate iDevice users who want more from their devices than Apple allows for. By your logic no one has any reason to jailbreak an iPhone, and iPod touch, or an iPad. Take your nonsense to another website.
    My intension was not to insult anyone on these forums but the only reason I would jailbreak a iPad would be:

1: multitasking (duh)

2: folders (I was running out of pages)

3: to print from the ____ thing (should have always had it)
    __________________________________________________ __________
    And I also wanted to know if there was a untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 iPod touch 2g non mc
    2010-11-23 07:18 PM
    So does this mean iphone 4 users can JB 4.2 with limerain????
    from my understanding you can jailbreak i4 4.2.1 with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 but it would be a tethered jailbreak. This isnot to be takenas gospel but from what I've read so far.
    2010-11-23 07:24 PM
    from my understanding you can jailbreak i4 4.2.1 with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 but it would be a tethered jailbreak. This isnot to be takenas gospel but from what I've read so far.
    Cydia won't work properly though, so it's not worth it.
    2010-11-23 08:06 PM
    I've run the latest redsnow and am jb'd, and Yes, Cydia works just fine. As it clearly states in redsnow, you must run redsnow a second time to actually tether boot your device (my ipad) into being jailbroken. If this is not done, your cydia icon can/will be grey, and the app will close on launch.

I'd prefer an untethered jailbreak, but as its just my ipad, and it rarely ever requires a reboot, im fine with it. There was quite a bit of tethered boots at the onset of reinstalling cydia apps and tools, but that part is over now and its rather nice to have folders, multitasking, and my jb
    2010-11-23 08:11 PM
    This is great news THANKS
    2010-11-23 09:06 PM
    Redsn0w always freezes at Uploading ramdisk on ipad?
    2010-11-23 09:07 PM
    This was such an awesome nervous breakdown. Don't get all stressed out about it. Look at it this way, if you don't use the new features, or if you're happy with your current setup, simply don't upgrade for a couple weeks. Watch and see what tools come out. There's a lot of confusion during the first 24 hours of an update being released - turn off your computer and walk away for a bit. Your phone won't combust into shards of sharp glass if it's not updated right away.

The iPhone is a mobile computer, and with any computer you have to learn how to operate it properly, which can take time an patience. Maybe you should look to getting a phone that isn't as complicated to use... something a little more stress-free...

It wasn't a breakdown. More of a rant. I'm a victim of circumstance. I work in the oilfield. When I need to restore, I have to wait a week. Between iOS 4, 3Gs to i4, rock acquisition, 4.1 for a hopeful prox fix, a faulty prox switch that apple responded to by sending the original i4 back, and then sending a new one finally, then a bad jb with limera1n and now 4.2 + new Cydia, coupled with being far from my mac/pc 50% of the time, I'm tired of effing with it.

I've been in the jb scene since the jump and am proficient in modding iStuff, BBs, and Droid. I just don't have the time anymore and wanna give the jb scene time to chill out a little bit. My SHSHs will always be saved in case though...
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.
    2010-11-23 09:13 PM
    So I've been looking into getting an iPad and checked Craigslist. Is this a good deal: 32GB wifi iPad JBed with spirit for $450?
    Edit: sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread, wasn't thinking and just interested to know.
    Last edited by Crafty42; 2010-11-23 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Apology
    2010-11-23 09:13 PM
    geohot has a gigantic ego that was not being stroked enough, so he faked his departure from the scene by throwing his supporters (including the ones that donated) under the bus by pointing at them as his source of annoyance.

he claimed to be annoyed by the attention but proceeded to post up useless "updates" on his twitter that caused the exact situation his was complaining about. he loved the attention but also loved to ***** about it.

he then upstaged the dev team by purposely releasing his JB right before the determined release date for greenpois0n

and he did at for his ego and for all the attention he complained about. it's @$$holes like you that give him a bigger head...
    Word! They all whine and cry about devs doing all this "free" work, when 99% sell paid apps on Cydia. Yep,
    They're workin hard for YOU and not for the thousands or millions (Saurik) made by the apps only sold in jb'd devices. They do great work and it's appreciated, but damn!
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.
    2010-11-23 09:16 PM
    Word! They all whine and cry about devs doing all this "free" work, when 99% sell paid apps on Cydia. Yep,
    They're workin hard for YOU and not for the thousands or millions (Saurik) made by the apps only sold in jb'd devices. They do great work and it's appreciated, but damn!
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!!

Saurik has made a few paid apps that i know of...cyntact and not a lot of people bought that.
    Only dev that sells apps is @Chpwn

They do it for free. If they feel they have to complain and whine, then so be it. Because its true!
    All these inconsiderate and unappreciative @$$holes that cannot read or do research on their own complain as soon as something is not working for them and go complain to the dev team.

and geohot left the scene for that specific reason..i would have got irritated with @$$holes like that too. People were BASHING HIM because he wasn't working FAST enough and sharing what HE created. Like it was his DUTY to do that. He's great at what he does.

Also, he did not release limera1n to steal spotlight from the dev-team
    he released limera1n to stop them from wasting/releasing a new bootrom exploit. That benefited us end users because now, hopefully, the iPad 2 is jailbreakable without it even being released.
    A lot of iPhone Dev team members where in agreeance with his actions. However, chronic dev team was not.

Get your facts straight before you post useless crud.
    2010-11-23 10:07 PM
    Redsn0w always freezes at Uploading ramdisk on ipad?
    Set redsnow to XP SP3 compatibility mode...had the same problem yesterday.
    2010-11-23 10:24 PM
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!!

Saurik has made a few paid apps that i know of...cyntact and not a lot of people bought that.
    Only dev that sells apps is @Chpwn

They do it for free. If they feel they have to complain and whine, then so be it. Because its true!
    All these inconsiderate and unappreciative @$ that cannot read or do research on their own complain as soon as something is not working for them and go complain to the dev team.

and geohot left the scene for that specific reason..i would have got irritated with @$ like that too. People were BASHING HIM because he wasn't working FAST enough and sharing what HE created. Like it was his DUTY to do that. He's great at what he does.

Also, he did not release limera1n to steal spotlight from the dev-team
    he released limera1n to stop them from wasting/releasing a new bootrom exploit. That benefited us end users because now, hopefully, the iPad 2 is jailbreakable without it even being released.
    A lot of iPhone Dev team members where in agreeance with his actions. However, chronic dev team was not.

Get your facts straight before you post useless crud.
    amen.

Side note:
    I am not in agreement with Cdev.

Side note 2:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...on-income.html
    Freeman, like Apple, keeps a variable percentage of the sales, depending on whether there is sales tax applicable. The percentage never tops 30%, Apple's cut for AppStore apps.
    Though, his contributions before launching the Cydia Store are more than enough to earn him respect as a 'free' developer.
    Plus, he looks like RMS, and apparently subscribes to (many of) the same philosophies, so I would not begrudge him a buck to eat now and then.

A question:
    how much is Cydia worth?
    Not the appstore part. The infrastructure part, the software registry and general schema for installing JB apps.

How valuable is it to the community? Would things be as nice if Cydia never happened, and everyone had to install every single program and app and theme by hand? Or manually bundle them into the firmware before flashing, each and every time? Do you fully appreciate the amount of chaos there would be, if individual users had to manually verify file versions, dependencies and conflicts for every single thing they loaded?

Uninstall???
    How many users would have wanted to bother JB in the first place?
    Last edited by raduga; 2010-11-23 at 10:47 PM.
    2010-11-23 10:38 PM
    Set redsnow to XP SP3 compatibility mode...had the same problem yesterday.
    Will give it a try. Thanks
    2010-11-23 10:38 PM
    I decided to upgrade my iPad since the JB I had on it was doing very little- I use the iPad as a bookreader/gameplayer/emailer. Seems to run fine with the upgrade, and I have no real plans to JB it again. My i4, however, is still at .01, and will stay there until things shake out and I can get a stable untethered system where everything I have working now works then. No hurry for me. I hope the devs take the time to do it right, and they will earn my thanks and respect for their unpaid effort on my behalf.
    Senior
    2010-11-23 10:58 PM
187 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD