sorry...but too expensive for a piece of plastic to prop up the iphone!

Now THIS is a stand for the iphone!

I have this stand too.It's great

I have mine, still the best....

I meant i have this stand and it's great
    Last edited by dwkkwd; 2010-11-28 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-28 11:01 PM
    Every time I see that title of GLIF I keep thinking it says GILF. Lord help me...
    2010-11-28 11:38 PM
    prly find a chinnese one for 5$.

mean time i just prop my phone on something
    2010-11-28 11:42 PM
    prly find a chinnese one for 5$.

mean time i just prop my phone on something
    It is NOT being sold a a prop or stand people.
    It has a threaded mount for attaching it to a tri-pod. This is a very useful item.
    If only it was a bit cheaper.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 2010-11-29 at 12:50 AM.
    2010-11-29 12:29 AM
    doesn't fit with a cover or bumper = fail.
    2010-11-29 01:46 AM
    2010-11-29 01:53 AM
    I have one of these too. I like it very much and was only $8
    and made from genuine Asian metal!

Great holder for sure, but it does not do what the product listed here does.
    The listed product is atri-pod mount, and not just a stand as shown in the lead pic.
    It appears it would slide into the holder in either landscape or portrait view, and it is very portable. The problem I see is the price point. It would sell a bunch at $9.99, but not so much at $20. I am ready to make my own from an old case since I have a few laying around unless someone puts a decent one out that is fairly priced.
    Tell me where, I want one...
    2010-11-29 02:00 AM
    There is no way this would actually work, look close:
    am I missing something? it looks like it would work perfectly to me..

doesn't fit with a cover or bumper = fail.
    This is the only down side I see in the design..
    Last edited by ensigma; 2010-11-29 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-29 05:43 AM
    price is a little high but it is for a fund raiser thats why, i think its a great idea, but i wouldn't say elegant, i use the LUXA2 H1 holder
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!
    2010-11-29 06:50 AM
    People will waste money on the most useless things, what next a glove to wear when you hold your iPhone?
    OMG an IPhone Glove!

Where can I get one?
    2010-11-29 07:05 AM

The listed product is atri-pod mount, and not just a stand as shown in the lead pic.
    It appears it would slide into the holder in either landscape or portrait view, and it is very portable. The problem I see is the price point. It would sell a bunch at $9.99, but not so much at $20. I am ready to make my own from an old case since I have a few laying around unless someone puts a decent one out that is fairly priced.
    Where did you buys yours from?
    im looking for one but cant find one :/
    2010-11-29 07:10 AM
    I would never buy one of these for $20, but then I'm not a photographer looking to downgrade my camera to an iPhone 4.

BUT, it's cool they had a vision and can bring a product to market (and hopefully make millions). That's what America is about!
    2010-11-29 07:58 AM
    That's a cool little product. It would be a whole lot easier taking that places than most other mounts.
    2010-11-29 02:28 PM
    It has one major, obvious flaw. It's made of rubber. Rubber flexes. When you tap to take a picture, the rubber will give a little and cause the phone to tilt ever so slightly forward which, as any photographer knows, is more than enough to screw up a perfect shot.

And seriously, if you just so happen to have a tripod laying around chances are that you also have the camera that you bought the thing for. Are you really going to lug around a tripod just for your iPhone?

This is an accessory in search of a need rather than in response to a need. The fact that they raised that much money through kickstarter.com for this just reinforces what I've always said: the masses are retards.
    2010-11-29 05:07 PM
    ZeroChroma: Change Your Point of View

Those stands make this look embarassing, I bought one for my 3GS and never regretted it.
    For $45 maybe you should have regretted it.
    2010-11-29 11:26 PM
    20 for a peice of plastic? really?
    4.99 is all thats worth.
    no spam
    2010-11-30 12:38 AM
    Looking at the photo, the stand looks and reminds me of a cat 5 cable stripper. I still like my stock apple dock stand though.
    Attached Thumbnails Glif Tripod Mount/Stand Now On Sale-45-165.jpg  
    2010-11-30 01:26 PM

hey, where'd you get your stand from? seems like a more affordable idea
    2010-11-30 08:34 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD