If you haven't been following this, iOS 4.3 was released today as expected, an early release before the launch of the iPad 2.

If you like your jailbreak, don't update to iOS 4.3 at this time. Don't forget to tell any newb friends to not "let their girlfriend accidentally press the update button". Back up your SHSH Blobs manually for even more re-assurance. The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

4.3 Firmware Download links:
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4
    iPad 1,1
    iPad 2,1
    iPad 2,2
    iPad 2,3
    AppleTV 2G
    iPod Touch 3G
    iPod Touch 4G

This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:

* Personal Hotspot
    - Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)

* iTunes Home Sharing
    - Play music, movies, and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)

* New AirPlay features
    - Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
    - Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV

* Faster Safari performance with Apple Nitro JavaScript engine

* HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
    - View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display

* Ping features
    - Push notifications for comments and follow requests
    - Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
    - Parental controls

* New Settings
    - Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
    - iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects

* Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode

* Bug fixes

Keep your eyes peeled for unlocks and new tools coming soon.

Apple - iTunes - Everything you need to be entertained
    Last edited by Cer0; 2011-03-10 at 04:48 AM.
    2011-03-09 08:11 PM
    Downloaded but waiting for jailbreak news obviously
    2011-03-09 08:12 PM
    Personal Hotspot
    - Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)

Yeah, but why only for the iPhone4 and why do you have to purchase an additional data plan? Blows.
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!
    2011-03-09 08:13 PM
    I'm very interested in the Safari update. I really hope it now has desktop browser like speeds.

I know it probably doesn't, but I'm hoping Nitro gives it a big boost.
    2011-03-09 08:15 PM
    Sounds like a worthy update, and the jailbreak in 5....4...3...2...1
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.
    2011-03-09 08:28 PM
    Personal Hotspot?

So I can share the iPhone 4's 3G connection to other wifi enabled devices like my MBP and PSP and I don't need to pay extra to unlock the feature?

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th
    2011-03-09 08:28 PM
    "- Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)"

I may be wrong, I'm no genius but doesn't 3+3+1 = 7?
    2011-03-09 08:29 PM
    Personal Hotspot?

So I can share the iPhone 4's 3G connection to other wifi enabled devices like my MBP and PSP and I don't need to pay extra to unlock the feature?
    Yes, personal hotspot costs extra $$

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2011-03-09 08:32 PM
    Sounds like a great update. How does the sharing work? Is this going to stream my media from my computer to my phone?
    2011-03-09 08:35 PM
    So does anyone know if there is a new data plan needed for the sharespot
    Dont be that guy..!!!
    2011-03-09 08:37 PM
    Sounds like a great update. How does the sharing work? Is this going to stream my media from my computer to my phone?
    You can use the home sharing option in iTunes to access music from your Computer on any iDevice or Computer that's on the same network and iTunes account.
    Last edited by kraziebone; 2011-03-09 at 08:53 PM.
    2011-03-09 08:48 PM
    "- Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)"

UP TO 5 DEVICES no more than 3 of which can be Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and only 1 can be USB!
    2011-03-09 08:53 PM
    Yes, personal hotspot costs extra $$

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I still don't get understand why I have to pay and why I just can't toggle Internet Tethering to ON and use the data or with the Wifi Hotspot, just turn it to on and then connect >_<

You can on Android without paying extra
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2011-03-09 at 09:05 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th
    2011-03-09 09:03 PM
    What happen to the 4 finger gestures?
    2011-03-09 09:04 PM
    Sharing is just a way of paying an extra $20 per month to your carrier for data you were already paying for. If you have MyWi and have already turned on home sharing and httpd on your computer, this update offers nothing. It must be the lamest update Apple have ever created. IMHO, not even worth wasting an exploit on this one.
    2011-03-09 09:05 PM
    and that is why I am sticking with MyWi
    Dont be that guy..!!!
    2011-03-09 09:06 PM
    I still don't get understand why I have to pay and why I just can't toggle Internet Tethering to ON and use the data or with the Wifi Hotspot, just turn it to on and then connect >_<

You can on Android without paying extra
    No, you actually cannot on Android. Not without a modified ROM (ie it is not backed by the carriers). Not that this is a big issue. I am sure the dev team will get this feature working for us "stock".
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2011-03-09 09:07 PM
    You can use the home sharing option in iTunes to access music from your Computer on any iDevice or Computer that's on the same network and iTunes account.
    Does the network require an Internet connection?
    2011-03-09 09:13 PM
    Can anyone tell me what the baseband updates to on the 3GS? I'm curious if they left it at 5.15 to screw over the iPad baseband people lol
    2011-03-09 09:15 PM

your math is wrong 3+3+1=5

in all seriousness i think he meant 3 wifi, 1 bluetooth, and 1 USB.
    2011-03-09 09:16 PM
135 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD