the pad seems to be fairly accurate with wifi!
    Provided there are Wi-Fi access points around. I live out in the country and it was very obvious to me that I wasn't getting any GPS.
    2011-03-25 05:41 AM
    FYI: In some cases, while testing this, I had to "kill locationd" (or for simplicity, reboot) on the iPad side. Just a side tip for any users who have issues. Not sure why (I'm assuming Apple's bug)
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!
    2011-03-25 05:57 AM
    I haz 4.3 and running MyWi and I haven't noticed the gps coordinates update on the map :-(

UHh how are you and intelliborn able to run mywi on 4.3 when it's not jail broken yet...
    2011-03-25 06:10 AM
    yes it is, it's just a tethered jailbreak.
    2011-03-25 06:13 AM
    I can tether my iPod to my Palm Pre and get my location on Maps, too. So, I don't think this is a new or unique feature.
    2011-03-25 06:52 AM
    60 second lag? Yikes! 60 seconds at 60mph is one mile. Guess we're not going to use that for turn-by-turn navigation, that's for sure!
    2011-03-25 07:12 AM
    Ummmm this has worked for me for a long time...?

If I use MyWi on my iPhone 4 at 4.1, I can get exact position on a tethered iPod Touch.
    2011-03-25 07:13 AM
    well the previous video shows compass information, how do you explain that maybe your not doing something right or necessary to get the desired result. one persons poor trial doesn't debunk anything. congrats on wasting your time
    2011-03-25 07:58 AM
    this was discovered a week ago but awesome nonetheless
    2011-03-25 08:31 AM
    Interesting.. 4.2.1 already does this for me
    2011-03-25 08:48 AM
    Is possible to use a bluetooth gps receiver with the iPad 2 ?
    2011-03-25 09:10 AM
    well the previous video shows compass information, how do you explain that
    I'm sorry I don't understand your comment. You do know that the Wi-Fi iPad has a compass right?
    2011-03-25 10:00 AM
    The lag is no good, especially if your driving down a fast busy street, that minute is way too long. Its cool that it works for it but that lag is no bueno.
    2011-03-25 12:44 PM
    so you're one of those a-holes jamming up the cell towers trying to play black ops on your ps3 through mywi. i hope at&t finds you and bills the sh*t out of you!

i don't care if you were grandfathered in with your unlimited data like i was. that's just f*ckin abuse man.
    If AT&T sells unlimited data plans then they'd better have the bandwidth. Otherwise its false advertising.
    2011-03-25 01:31 PM
    I think it's crazy that they charge you again for an additional data plan, instead of incorporating it into your existing data plan. Pretty soon data plans will co$t more than voice hahaha! Oh well its the nature of the game. I'll stick with MyWi...why pay $20 a month, when you can pay a one time fee...NO BRAINER :]
    2011-03-25 02:50 PM
    Why can't it connect to GAME SYSTEMS?!! HELP! no side questions!
    it does I had my i4 tether my xbox
    2011-03-25 04:26 PM
    UHh how are you and intelliborn able to run mywi on 4.3 when it's not jail broken yet...
    Search snowbreeze beta and u shall know how me and intelliborn have been rocking it
    2011-03-25 04:35 PM
    pretty cool, I don't know what the point of this is but cool never the less.
    If you are running a program that needs gps like maps or starwalk on your iPad, tether your iPhone and the iPhone becomes a gps dongle. Very cool!
    2011-03-25 06:28 PM
    Search snowbreeze beta and u shall know how me and intelliborn have been rocking it
    I see that it works for the iPad, but I can't tell if it's for the iPad 2 as well. Do you know?
    2011-03-25 06:52 PM
    I might just go in on an iPad for the car now. First gen of course cuz it's cheaper! Hopefully we get some tweaks so that we can actually use apps like navigon (unless we already can?) on the iPad using this feature.

so you're one of those a-holes jamming up the cell towers trying to play black ops on your ps3 through mywi. i hope at&t finds you and bills the sh*t out of you!

i don't care if you were grandfathered in with your unlimited data like i was. that's just f*ckin abuse man.
    While his actions are certainly questionable, consider how much bandwidth gaming takes. It more about latency than a ton of data thrown back and forth. It hardly warrants your childish potty-mouthed tyrade.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2011-03-26 12:51 AM
48 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD