Those guys are on a roll! Nice one!
    2011-05-06 05:32 PM
    When when updating to 4.3.3 from 4.0 with an already jailbroken iPhone do I need to update from iTunes first or update with the ipsw? I was trying to do it with 4.3.2 the other night and was unsuccessful. I did all the steps of holding the power and home button but after completing everything it would reboot like it said but to the exact same thing I had.
    Depends on what you're using. If you're using redsn0w, update using iTunes, open redsn0w and follow the prompts. It asks you to find the .ipsw file that you used to update, which in this case, will be somewhere in your iTunes folder.
    2011-05-06 05:45 PM
    Though I do not need it now, but I would like an update on the ultrasn0w unlock to baseband 02.10.04
    Been waiting since I bought the iPhone4 it came with 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04
    2011-05-06 06:07 PM
    I don't think the dev team will ever unlock 03.10.01, that's why I'm trying to trade my 32gb iphone 4 for a factory unlocked 16gb. Btw what ever happened to the brute force method?
    2011-05-06 06:30 PM
    massive thank you guys......and girls!!!!!
    2011-05-06 06:47 PM
    Yea they are rolling I'm just waiting on 4.2.8 untheter
    2011-05-06 06:48 PM
    ***UPDATE*** sn0wbreeze has been updated to support 4.3.3 untethered along with 4.2.8 untethered on Verizon as well.
    Merry Christmas my friend . The link for the Verizon and sn0breeze was at the very bottom of the post right above my Cydia screenshot.
    2011-05-06 06:53 PM
    Anyone try jailbreaking an ipod touch 4th gen yet? I'm having issues. I updated it through iTunes as normal, then launched Redsnow, browsed to firmware located in itunes file, all normal, booted into DFU mode as per the redsnow instructions, jailbreak started, limera1n started, got to "uploading ramdisk" and has now been hanging on that for almost 15 minutes! On the idevice I see a picture of a harddrive and a note saying "Downloading Jailbreak Data....."

Any thoughts?!?! This devide has never been jailbroken, but I have personally jailbroken every iphone version that's ever existed over the last 4+n years. It has NEVER taken this long so I know this isn't right, but don't want to stop it unless I know it's okay to do as this is a friends ipod. HELP!!! Thanks!

**update** okay wierd, the ipod just booted up normally, not jailbroken and the redsnow status stayed on "uploading ramdisk" any thoughts?
    Last edited by hacktarded1; 2011-05-06 at 07:09 PM. Reason: change in status
    2011-05-06 07:05 PM
    Anyone try jailbreaking an ipod touch 4th gen yet? I'm having issues. I updated it through iTunes as normal, then launched Redsnow, browsed to firmware located in itunes file, all normal, booted into DFU mode as per the redsnow instructions, jailbreak started, limera1n started, got to "uploading ramdisk" and has now been hanging on that for almost 15 minutes! On the idevice I see a picture of a harddrive and a note saying "Downloading Jailbreak Data....."

Any thoughts?!?! This devide has never been jailbroken, but I have personally jailbroken every iphone version that's ever existed over the last 4+n years. It has NEVER taken this long so I know this isn't right, but don't want to stop it unless I know it's okay to do as this is a friends ipod. HELP!!! Thanks!

**update** okay wierd, the ipod just booted up normally, not jailbroken and the redsnow status stayed on "uploading ramdisk" any thoughts?
    I've had something similar happen (I can't remember with which Jailbreak program). I believe I had to go through the entire process again, and then it worked.

Also, have you tried rebooting? Maybe then the Cydia icon will show up.
    2011-05-06 07:37 PM
    Stuck on "uploading ramdisk" for the last half hour...I'm thinking it's not going to work
    2011-05-06 07:46 PM
    I tried doing it all over again and got the same issue. Hung on uploading ramdisk for a while then the ipod just rebooted on it's own. No Cydia anywhere. I think it's an error with the Redsnow program. I'm sure the Dev Team will fix it. I sent them a message via twitter about it.
    2011-05-06 07:50 PM
    Any word on redsn0w with 4.2.8 verizon phones? I thinking no because the last one(4.2.7) had a pushfix addition.... Will wait and see.

Was going to jb a friends verizon phone a few days before I heard about the update.

I'll be checking back.

And nice first news post(?)
    I'll
    2011-05-06 08:09 PM
    To fix the hanging on "uploading ramdisk" issue for Windows 7 users Follow these insturctions. Worked for me and fixed the isses I was having.

WIN 7 CPU AFFINITY = 1

right click on redsn0w.exe and run as admin......(no need for xp compatability mode)

start redsn0w.exe. do nothing else for now.

then hit alt+ctrl+del to bring up task manager

choose the Processes tab

locate Redsn0w.exe and right click

in the drop down menu go to

set affinity

check box next to CPU1 only uncheck all other boxes

use redsn0w as usual
    2011-05-06 08:09 PM
    So if I update from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and upgrade my baseband to the newest, will ultrasnow unlock it? Im currently on the 4.0 firmware's baseband.

Can i (and how) update to 4.3.3 without updating my 1.59.00 baseband from 4.0?
    Last edited by iphonerookie; 2011-05-06 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-06 08:30 PM
    I see no point in even bothering to upgrade, its too much work to re-do all my cydia packages...
    Absolutely get PKGbackup. It totally takes the hassle out of restoring your JB apps and settings after an update. It rocks!

Kupe
    2011-05-06 08:47 PM
    What is exactly changed/addressed in 4.3.3? Anybody got release notes?
    2011-05-06 08:49 PM
    thats awesome devteam rocks!!!! does anyone know if we r ever gettn boot animations again i lost it when i had to update my i4 to 4.3.2 when it fuckd up.
    2011-05-06 10:36 PM
    So if I update from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and upgrade my baseband to the newest, will ultrasnow unlock it? Im currently on the 4.0 firmware's baseband.

Do NOT, I repeat NOT use redsn0w. You will update your baseband & lose your unlock.

If you can, find someone with a Mac to create a PwnageTool custom 4.3.3. firmware for you (or create yourself a Mac in a virtual machine), then use redsn0w to boot in to pwned DFU mode & install that custom firmware. Using PT is the only way to not update your baseband (though for an iPhone 4, you can use Tiny Umbrella to preserve baseband as well).

~Tario70
    2011-05-06 10:42 PM
    I agree in some fashion, however, it hardly takes anytime, at least on my end. Not to mention it's always best in my mind to be updated as high as you can so you can keep on top of the game and be able have all capabilities available to you.
    This is true in some cases. In this case there really isn't much NEED to update. What does iOS 4.3.3 bring?
    *Checks online*

*Sighs*

Nothing that cydia cant fix.

PwnageTool?
    Sn0wbreeze?
    Last edited by iFrosty; 2011-05-06 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-06 10:54 PM
    the windows one stops working once it gets to " loading ramdisk ". it just freezes there. Anyone having the same problem on their PC? Let me know how to fix this.
    2011-05-06 10:57 PM
245 123412 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD