I wonder who will be first to jailbreak an idevice while displayed in an Apple store
    I wish there was an apple store in my town.. I have to drive about 40 miles.. So no jailbreaking in the apple stores for me.. Oh wait... Best Buy here I come.
    2011-07-06 07:31 PM
    I have to visit some Apple stores today...
    If your thinking what I'm thinking that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Jailbreak all the iDevices that they put on display? hehehe
    2011-07-06 07:37 PM
    ok the fix for the problem with cydia icon dissapearing is to do a full restore after the initial update to 4.3.3 or whatever . I had the same issue. did a full restore and now it works perfectly !

Good luck !
    2011-07-06 07:57 PM
    @comex just Tweeted that "there is a known issue with the Camera Connection Kit and JailbreakMe." I think I'll hold off- my iPad 2 workflow definitely depends on the CCK.
    2011-07-06 08:18 PM
    still cant get it to work with iphone 4 that was previously jailbroken..cydia gets to installing then disappears.
    2011-07-06 09:13 PM
    still cant get it to work with iphone 4 that was previously jailbroken..cydia gets to installing then disappears.
    Same thing happening to me on my iPad 2. I got it to install this morning when I was running 4.3, but I was unable to download anything from BigBoss. I figured perhaps the jailbreak would work best on 4.3.3, so I upgraded to that and tried to rejailbreak.

Now Cydia gets about half way to installing and disappears. Anyone else? Do you think this could just be because the site is being hammered right now?
    2011-07-06 09:43 PM
    You're saying you were already jailbroken under 4.3.3 on your 3gs? Why were you even trying to jailbreak again?

Kupe
    no...Was jailbroken under 4.2.1 I believe...Made the update once this came out but now cant JB again because of this issue...Trying with a restore
    2011-07-06 09:47 PM
    dont think its because alot of people are using it because i did it on my brothers phone and girlfriends phone at the same time as mine..but both were not previously jailbroken.
    2011-07-06 09:48 PM
    Can anyone confirm Verizon 4.2.8 JB is working??

TIA
    I can tell you first hand that i had cydia installed perfectly fine on my VZ iPhone running 4.2.8 using this web based JB.. But as soon as i would go to restart the phone it would get frozen at the apple logo for about 40+ min.. it would then power cycle again and repeat but a little quicker then i would see the lockscreen except i can't do anything.

I restored in iTunes. Im not liking this JB so far. I wish i never updated from 4.2.6
    2011-07-06 10:00 PM
    Not only was this the most perfect 10 seconds to jailbroken execution, the jailbreak is blindingly fast..... I almost believe the iPad 2 sped up if I didn't know better. I was really at the edge of my sanity on waiting for this so I am so glad to see it out and it is well worth the wait. I have a flawless execution and 100% perfect experience on 32 white wifi iPad 2.

Thank you Comex!
    2011-07-06 10:11 PM
    I have to visit some Apple stores today...
    hahaha i feel you! i did this to the iphone 4's when it first came out!
    2011-07-06 10:20 PM
    I already jailbroke mine with redsnow but I like the "do it from your device" way the best. Jailbreakme.com is what got me into jailbreaking because I didn't want to download other software on the computer and do complicated stuff.
    2011-07-06 10:32 PM
    It says on jailbreakme.com that I should up to 4.3.3 to use it. But I am already jail broken on iPad 2 4.3.0 and it runs just fine. Anyone has any issue with that.
    2011-07-06 10:45 PM
    Not only was this the most perfect 10 seconds to jailbroken execution, the jailbreak is blindingly fast..... I almost believe the iPad 2 sped up if I didn't know better. I was really at the edge of my sanity on waiting for this so I am so glad to see it out and it is well worth the wait. I have a flawless execution and 100% perfect experience on 32 white wifi iPad 2.

Thank you Comex!
    Same here man! Now if I could just figure out what to do with my newly jailbroken iPad 2.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS
    2011-07-06 10:49 PM
    I already jailbroke mine with redsnow but I like the "do it from your device" way the best. Jailbreakme.com is what got me into jailbreaking because I didn't want to download other software on the computer and do complicated stuff.
    So let me get this straight... you have a perfectly good jailbroken device right now with redsn0w which is tried and true with no bugs. So you're going to restore your device to factory... then rejailbreak with jbme.com which even saurik said is poorly tested and has at least 1 known issue... then spend your time reloading all your apps on... and BAM!!! you're EXACTLY back to where you started from in the first place with a possibly buggy jailbreak. Awesome logic.
    2011-07-06 10:56 PM
    this is amazing! This is epic!!
    2011-07-06 11:02 PM
    So let me get this straight... you have a perfectly good jailbroken device right now with redsn0w which is tried and true with no bugs. So you're going to restore your device to factory... then rejailbreak with jbme.com which even saurik said is poorly tested and has at least 1 known issue... then spend your time reloading all your apps on... and BAM!!! you're EXACTLY back to where you started from in the first place with a possibly buggy jailbreak. Awesome logic.
    No that's not what I meant. I still stay with redsnow jailbreak until I restore or update or whatever reason. And who knows, maybe jailbreakme.com will get less buggy. I just like how you don't need a computer to jailbreak. Last time I used redsnow, it really made my iPod slow but I never had a problem when I did it with jailbreakme.
    2011-07-06 11:05 PM
    So I purchased an iPad 2 32GB Wifi. It came with 4.3.3 so I activated it in iTunes and did the jailbreak straight away. Took 10 seconds and Cydia was installed. Great.

But I seem to have a problem. Whenever I open Appstore and try to install anything, I get this message: "Verification required- before you can make purchases, you must tap continue to sign in, then verify your payment info."

It then opens Appstore and a window pops up for a split second and then it quits to the springboard, never letting me enter my info. I have tried turning off and on, to no avail. Anyone got any ideas?

You can try going to Settings>Store and sign in there.....
    2011-07-06 11:09 PM
    Mk. I just know how a lot of people want to jailbreak with the newest jailbreak for NO reason. Just making sure you're not one of those lol. Also this jailbreak will be closed for all future firmwares like the last jbme so don't take too much time restoring or updating or whatever if you want to use it. BTW Apple patched the last jbme exploit in 10 days.
    2011-07-06 11:12 PM
    @comex just Tweeted that "there is a known issue with the Camera Connection Kit and JailbreakMe." I think I'll hold off- my iPad 2 workflow definitely depends on the CCK.
    Crap on a cracker. It doesn't work at all. No go with my iPhone -> iPad, haven't tried using an sd card, but I assume that doesn't work either. Crap crap.
    2011-07-06 11:48 PM
206 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD