If the iPhone 5 or 4S comes with 512 ram that's a deal breaker for me. IP4 crashed countless number of times due to low memory, figured apple would learn and improve from mistakes.
    Haha. Usually when I hear this, ppl are jailbroken running half-baked apps. Remember more ram also usually means less battery life.
    I definitely would like to see new hardware, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Apple does add a camera upgrade, the A5, a new app, paint it grey and wait for ppl to start throwing money at them. 4GS, but not actually 4G. Lol.
    2011-09-12 08:49 PM
    i guess i knew it because apple has a release pattern of course. apple upgrades the hardware, but keeps the same look for 2 years.
    2011-09-12 08:55 PM
    News Flash; some Chinese guy no one has ever heard of says the iPhone 5 will be the same as the iPhone 4 without ever seeing it. In other news; some Chinese guy gets a large sum of money from Google for unspecified reasons.

Bwahahahahahahahaha, that's awesome!! Thanks for the laugh!
    2011-09-12 09:02 PM
    VERY good point!

It's not a bad thing that consumers want an improved product. Think a little bit before you post.
    No, I think you missed what the person was saying and I totally agree.
    The rumor mill starts and ppl start getting it in their heads this awesome new device is coming out, then when Apple releases their product ppl flip out because it's not what they'd heard about in the rumors. Then it's Apples fault for not living up to everyones rumor expectations.

I thought Silverado's opinion was well put.
    2011-09-12 09:05 PM
    AT$T won't be happy if the phone is pretty close to the same. That will give people like me who are very unhappy with AT$T a reason to hold off for next phone and switch carriers.
    2011-09-12 09:13 PM
    If there is no RAM or storage capacity increase over the current iPhone 4 then IMHO it won't be worth the extra money to get the newest phone. I'll just go from my 3GS to a cheaper iP4.

The 3GS doubled the RAM and I believe doubled the storage capacity options over the 3G model, which made everyone want to get the new one. The iP4 then doubled the RAM over the 3GS in addition to the new screen, design change, etc. But if the new model doesn't double the RAM and/or storage over the current model I think they may have a flop on their hands. Sure people will still buy it, but it probably won't be in demand AS MUCH as the iP4 was last summer.
    2011-09-12 09:48 PM
    Then im sticking with my iphone4
    Same here. If there isn't a different design along with a bigger screen. I'll wait until iPhone 6. If in a year the iPhone 6 design does not improve, I'll jump ship and get an Android.
    2011-09-12 09:57 PM
    I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.....sorry folks....the phone will be the same design.
    2011-09-12 10:04 PM
    I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.....sorry folks....the phone will be the same design.
    At the end you might be right, but right now, you have no clue. The mentioned source could be talking about what he knows which might not be the whole story - imagine if the rumors of two phones are true. Maybe he's talking about the memory restricted iPhone 4S while we can still get a newly designed iPhone 5 released at the same time. Only when the official announcement comes we will know the truth.
    2011-09-12 10:29 PM
    I can't see how technology advances so quickly, that apple would stuff the same amount of ram in a phone that took over a year to develop and release. That same memory would be half the cost it was in 2010. I think those specs are for the cheaper iphone, not the new one. Didn't some random guy come on here and say the iphone will have a larger screen too?
    2011-09-12 10:53 PM
    Honestly, I just want the phone and iOS 5 to come out at this point...apples been making us wait too long

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way
    2011-09-12 11:21 PM
    This will be bad news for Apple and worse for stockholders.

Apple needs a home run with Steve Jobs out, and to squash the fears that the company will not be innovative without him there. This is the longest period Apple has gone without a hardware update and no doubt due to Steve's absence. Android phones have made leaps ahead of the iPhone in the last year plus and investors need to see that the company will continue to stay ahead of the competition.

I now see why Apple has gone on their lawsuit tirade!

The end has begun.
    2011-09-12 11:31 PM
    sry i didnt mean to call anyone dumb...
    Yes you did. Back-peddle fail.

... the 3gs users deserve this upgrade more than the ones with the iphone 4 if this phone looks the same the ppl with the 3gs should get it not the iphone 4 ones because heres the logic why would u buy something that looks exactly the same except with betta specs l mean come on really thats like buying a 2008 accord then buying a 2009 accord with minor upgrades like wow thats such a waste of money i mean u can buy if u guys want but at the end its really a big waste of money If the next iphone looks different on the other hand and has betta specs then i would definately get it but we wont know for sure until it comes out until then i am going to skip this phone and go for the iphone 6 the one with the most likely redesign if this iphone coming out looks the same
    The only "dumb" person here is the one that appears to have dropped out of elementary school... or is the lack of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc., just a sign of laziness?

If you took a minute to think, you might realize that maybe some people like to always have new stuff. Even better when that new stuff, albeit sporting the same exterior, has even better new stuff inside. And if they can afford to do it, then by all means who the hell are you to call them "dumb"?

By your logic, I was "dumb" to buy the 3GS when I already had a 3G. Call me "dumb" if you like, but this "dumb" person made a $300 profit selling a jailbroken and unlocked 3G for $500 on eBay when the 3GS came out and a $600 profit selling a jailbroken and unlocked 3GS for $800 on eBay when the iPhone 4 came out. In the 2 years you would have waited for a number change from 3 to 4, I made $900 doing almost nothing. Unfortunately, with T-Mobile seemingly getting the iPhone, I don't stand to make much on my iPhone 4, but you know what, I practically got it for free.

Who's "dumb" now?
    Last edited by Rokesomesmeefer; 2011-09-12 at 11:53 PM.
    2011-09-12 11:51 PM
    I honestly think Apple just needs to announce this phone NOW. At this point they're probably losing iPhone 5 sales by continuing not to make an announcement because people do not know anything about the iPhone 5 and are just settling for the iPhone 4. They know it will have a speed jump and possibly a better camera, but beyond that? And most consumers may not need that speed jump......especially considering that the iPhone 4 would most likely drop in price and entice more people to it rather than a "sportier" 5.

I know I am not hyped up for it because so far the majority of rumors indicate that it will not have a design change. There have been no leaked images and I can't help but feel that some way some how a leaked image would have found its way to us if it were actually worth leaking.

I'm sorry but I really think this phone is going to be just an "S" version with no design change. I really do.

Just my thoughts.
    2011-09-13 12:19 AM
    I find this difficult to masterbate to!
    2011-09-13 12:38 AM
    I really enjoy my iPhone 4, but I'm hoping for a iPad design on the next model. As long as the design isn't ugly (highly doubt it) I'll upgrade again, I do every year. I am eligible every year.
    I sell my old iphone for more than the price of the new. I sold my 3GS for 500.00. So I paid 199 used it a year, sold it getting my money back, bought the iPhone 4. 100 in my pocket to cover my new accessories. Hell yeah I'll upgrade every year. This year it'll be the 32GB instead of the 16gb.

If Apple does release 2 models. With the rumors that the iPod is getting 3G. It really wouldn't surprise me if the lower priced model is iPod size. With iPhone 4 specs.

@matrixhunter, if it's designed the same, with better specs. I get to use my accessories for another year. Works for me. If it's a new design, a lot of people will be mad they didn't wait. My wife will be one of them
    2011-09-13 12:45 AM
    If anyone is wondering why matrixhunter isn't responding it's because I banned him for a week. He's been saying the same comment over and over again (like 20 times... seriously)... about how stupid people are for upgrading to the same phone with "betta specs" and how he's going to "shove it in their face when he buys the iPhone 6". I'm sure it wasn't just me who was getting tired of him bashing everyone.

I can't wait for the new phone no matter what. I for one would love betta specs
    2011-09-13 12:54 AM
    When you hold all the cards. Why change what works?
    2011-09-13 01:07 AM
    If anyone is wondering why matrixhunter isn't responding it's because I banned him for a week. He's been saying the same comment over and over again (like 20 times... seriously)... about how stupid people are for upgrading to the same phone with "betta specs" and how he's going to "shove it in their face when he buys the iPhone 6". I'm sure it wasn't just me who was getting tired of him bashing everyone.

Lol yah I can see how that would be pretty annoying.

I also cannot wait for the 4s/5 no matter what. I actually just talked to my apple buddy and he said that he thinks it's going to be the 4s because you figure why fix something that's not broken. The 3Gs was the 2nd most popular mobile handset(I believe there was an article on this) and leading that was the 4. That just means more money in their pocket, so it would make perfect sence for them to raise up a 4s.
    2011-09-13 01:20 AM

I second that! I'm ready
    2011-09-13 01:35 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD