1. Akshay Masand's Avatar


    The U.S. International Trade commission recently announced that it has voted to investigate Apple’s lineup of products, including the iPhone, iPad, and Macs, in response to a complaint lodged by Motorola Mobility. Here, Motorola has alleged that Apple’s products violate section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930. The Google-owned handset maker is hoping the ITC will block the importation of Apple’s devices that Motorola believes infringe upon its patented inventions.

    It should be noted that the ITC’s decision to investigate is not an indication of any future ruling for or against Apple. The commission frequently elects to investigate patent infringement complaints filed by major corporations. The ITC said Tuesday that its determination will come at the “earliest practicable time” with a target date for completion within 45 days after the investigation begins.

    Motorola filed its most recent lawsuit against Apple with the ITC last month. The suit accuses Apple of infringing upon seven Motorola Mobility patents related to features such as location reminders, email notifications, and video playback functionality. Motorola said the following in a statement issued in August regarding the matter: “We would like to settle these patent matters, but Apple’s unwillingness to work out a license leaves us little choice but to defend ourselves and our engineers’ innovations.”

    The ITC continues to remain very busy with complaints relating to Apple and its rivals as patent infringement claims continue to grow in the mobile market. We’ll have to see where this case leads when by being patient.

    Source: ZDNet

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2012-09-19 10:55 AM
  2. cgfusion's Avatar
    Bite me Motorola.
    2012-09-19 02:27 PM
  3. rockyseay's Avatar
    Bite me Motorola.
    Careful what you ask for. Google tends to give a pretty big bite.
    2012-09-19 03:21 PM
  4. Chula's Avatar
    Bite me Motorola.
    Thank You
    2012-09-19 03:55 PM
  5. Carvensno's Avatar
    Again we have only 5% of the story/facts! wheres the other 95% of the story/facts?
    2012-09-19 04:53 PM
  6. unison999's Avatar
    It is about time Google take the fight to Apple and help protect companies that uses your product.
    2012-09-19 06:39 PM
  7. GmAz's Avatar
    Bite me Motorola.
    Oh please. Apple goes around crying about every damn thing like ROUNDED ******* CORNERS and you get all pissy when it happen to Apple.
    2012-09-19 07:42 PM
  8. jOnGarrett's Avatar
    Have you guys seen this.
    2012-09-19 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD