User Tag List

I also hope they do not make a larger phone. Sorry, but I do not have a Fanny Pak to my phone in. If you want a larger phone, but the mini. JS.
    The mini isn't a phone though, is it.. I hate when people say that. I don't want a damn tablet, I want a phone with a bigger screen and I'm not the only one who thinks it should be bigger. The fanny pack comment is a complete exaggeration as well, though the SG3 does seem really big at first. For me, I spent an hour messing around on my sister's s3 and got used to it. When I went back to my 4S, it felt like a baby's toy. lol It would be nice if they released 2 different sizes like that article that Bouchard posted a while back mentions. It seems that there are a lot of differing opinions on whether or not the screen should be larger or not.
    2013-04-16 03:08 PM
    I'm conflicted. After experiencing the Galaxy Note II, I don't think I could tolerate another small iPhone, but I want to go back to iOS after two years of Android and I just can't tolerate the smaller screen. Even if they make a large one I would STILL consider the Galaxy Note II due to the stylus and such, though I crave the polish of iOS and can't wait to return to it (especially jailbroken). There's STILL no way to download YouTube videos or play them in the background on Android! I want SpringFlash, ProTube, SMS GV Extensions + iMessage, and so much more, so I think iOS wins me back as long as they can come close to the Galaxy Note II's perfect size and we get a good jailbreak.
    I like how you didn't talk about the camera AT ALL. Typical android fan just touting how a bigger screen is better when that isn't the discussion.

8 MP is plenty for me. But 12 MP? Sure why not. What I really want to see is an increase in screen size. Speculation that the iPhone 6 will introduce the 5 inch display? Hopefully so imho.
    Then sensors in phones are so small 12mp isn't going to be beneficial to anyone. 8MP is an 8x10 @ 300dpi which is perfect for 99% of consumers. When you start printing at larger sizes you are just going to notice more and more noise in the photos because of the sensor size.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 2013-04-16 at 03:32 PM.
    2013-04-16 03:28 PM
    None of you even know what megapixels are...
    2013-04-16 03:48 PM
    None of you even know what megapixels are...
    Probably... With as small as these sensors are, all you'll accomplish by adding more mp is filling your memory up faster.
    2013-04-16 05:18 PM
    Probably... With as small as these sensors are, all you'll accomplish by adding more mp is filling your memory up faster.
    +1 this is exactly what I mean. More MP is useless.
    2013-04-16 05:21 PM
    That's exactly right. 12mp is a marketing ploy at best. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of apple products. But this is something most people know nothing about but in their own heads "know" that 12 is better than 8.

If they make the sensor bigger then we have something, but without making the lens bigger it again won't be beneficial.
    2013-04-16 05:29 PM
    Lens still sucks with higher pixel don't really help...
    2013-04-16 08:12 PM
    The OS feels cheap compared to iOS. As I said though, I will not even consider buying an iPhone if I can't have a jailbreak.
    I never understood why people say the OS feels cheap compared to iOS.
    from my rooted Droid DNA
    2013-04-16 11:04 PM
    It needs a bigger screen. The 5 is too skinny. If they kept it the same length or maybe a tad longer and made it a bit wider, I'd be all over it. I wouldn't even buy a 5S unless there was a jailbreak available though.
    I agree with the whole jailbreak thing, although I did jump on the 5 bandwagon and had it launch day, my 4 was just getting too slow. And when the jailbreak did come out? Unbelievable. The iPhone 5 with a jailbreak is the ultimate mobile device in my opinion. At least for me!

I never understood why people say the OS feels cheap compared to iOS.
    The graphics don't seem as pretty, the icons are very sharp and square, and it doesn't react smoothly. Even on a GS3 that I've played with it still lurches on occasion while scrolling or zooming.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 2013-04-17 at 03:31 AM.
    2013-04-17 03:29 AM
    I'm conflicted. After experiencing the Galaxy Note II, I don't think I could tolerate another small iPhone, but I want to go back to iOS after two years of Android and I just can't tolerate the smaller screen. Even if they make a large one I would STILL consider the Galaxy Note II due to the stylus and such, though I crave the polish of iOS and can't wait to return to it (especially jailbroken). There's STILL no way to download YouTube videos or play them in the background on Android! I want SpringFlash, ProTube, SMS GV Extensions + iMessage, and so much more, so I think iOS wins me back as long as they can come close to the Galaxy Note II's perfect size and we get a good jailbreak.
    I use Freedi Youtube and download all my videos from Youtube you can even download it as an mp3 you just need to look for apps
    2013-04-17 10:27 PM
    I'm torn. I understand the design concept of the iPhone by making it comfortable to fit into your hands and easier texting, but the interface for other phones appear to be very successful. I just think Apple needs a totally new phone design and completely new software/enhancements to set them apart from their competitors.

C'mon Apple... Man the f* up. (coming from a female consumer)
    2013-04-18 02:25 AM
    I like how you didn't talk about the camera AT ALL. Typical android fan just touting how a bigger screen is better when that isn't the discussion.
    I like how you didn't read and realize that I was replying to the post right above mine. You know that this is a forum thread in addition to a comment section, right? I also like you you IGNORE that I praise iOS and criticize Android and express optimism that an iOS phone will address my concerns. You seem to be confusing someone wanting a particular feature of a particular phone with someone who doesn't want that same feature on iOS. I want the same feature on iOS, but I know that the stylus isn't happening because that's why Samsung purchased a controlling interest in Wacom stock (makers of the stylus tech).

Typical knee-jerk reactionary fanboy who has no leg to stand on when it comes to cross-platform unbiased experience.

I use Freedi Youtube and download all my videos from Youtube you can even download it as an mp3 you just need to look for apps
    Thank you.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2013-04-18 at 07:10 AM.
    2013-04-18 05:50 AM
    I like how you didn't read and realize that I was replying to the post right above mine. You know that this is a forum thread in addition to a comment section, right? I also like you you IGNORE that I praise iOS and criticize Android and express optimism that an iOS phone will address my concerns. You seem to be confusing someone wanting a particular feature of a particular phone with someone who doesn't want that same feature on iOS. I want the same feature on iOS, but I know that the stylus isn't happening because that's why Samsung purchased a controlling interest in Wacom stock (makers of the stylus tech).

Typical knee-jerk reactionary fanboy who has no leg to stand on when it comes to cross-platform unbiased experience.

Thank you.
    There is a reason there is a quote feature... But anyways, there are pressure sensitive stylus' available for the iPad, not a Wacom but still a solution. A stylus isn't a good solution for many though. Being left handed I have a horrible time a stylus on something that I cannot rest my hand. I do have a Wacom Intuos 4 but since that is not a capacitive surface I am able to rest my hand a write/draw freely. Oh yea, you still have yet to say anything that is related to the article.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 2013-04-18 at 03:00 PM.
    2013-04-18 02:47 PM
    Oh yea, you still have yet to say anything that is related to the article.
    Well, he's speaking about what he wants for the new iPhone. Most don't give a **** about a 12 megapixel phone and would rather have a larger screen. The camera on the 4S and 5 is sick already and like many have already stated, if they don't do anything with the lens or sensor, the 12 MP don't do a damn thing. I'd rather have a bigger screen and a better battery life.
    2013-04-18 03:21 PM
    Well, he's speaking about what he wants for the new iPhone. Most don't give a **** about a 12 megapixel phone and would rather have a larger screen. The camera on the 4S and 5 is sick already and like many have already stated, if they don't do anything with the lens or sensor, the 12 MP don't do a damn thing. I'd rather have a bigger screen and a better battery life.
    That's great but there are a 1000 other threads that are all about what people want and larger screens etc... This was about the camera so I was just trying to keep the conversation relevant rather than another "I want a...." hijacked thread. The camera is great but there are some improvements to be made. If they focused on making the sensor larger but were still able to keep it thin and not add more bulk then they would be able to capture more data for each pixel resulting in less noise, especially in low light conditions. 8MP but a larger sensor is going to make better pictures, not more mega pixels.
    2013-04-18 05:07 PM
    That's great but there are a 1000 other threads that are all about what people want and larger screens etc... This was about the camera so I was just trying to keep the conversation relevant rather than another "I want a...." hijacked thread. The camera is great but there are some improvements to be made. If they focused on making the sensor larger but were still able to keep it thin and not add more bulk then they would be able to capture more data for each pixel resulting in less noise, especially in low light conditions. 8MP but a larger sensor is going to make better pictures, not more mega pixels.
    I wouldn't really mind if it was a little thicker, TBH. The 5 is super thin and light! I couldn't believe how light it was compared to my 4S. My 4S isn't exactly heavy so I'd rather have the phone be a little thicker and have a better battery and sensor and lens to utilize the 12 MP camera. I realize that apple probably doesn't share the same sentiment.
    2013-04-18 05:50 PM
    I wouldn't really mind if it was a little thicker, TBH. The 5 is super thin and light! I couldn't believe how light it was compared to my 4S. My 4S isn't exactly heavy so I'd rather have the phone be a little thicker and have a better battery and sensor and lens to utilize the 12 MP camera. I realize that apple probably doesn't share the same sentiment.
    Yea the 5 is crazy light. The case I had on my 4 felt like it weighed the same as the 5, lol.
    2013-04-18 06:06 PM
    Yes you can download youtube videos in the background and play them with Android with Tubemate TubeMate YouTube Downloader 1.05.48 - Official Website or you can find on the web in several other places
    2013-04-18 10:57 PM
    Wow! Abozworth just improved the battery life of the iphone by who knows what %. Common sense is apparently still readily available. In any other world you would be rich for such a practical idea!
    2013-09-12 03:25 PM
    Wow! Abozworth just improved the battery life of the iphone by who knows what %. Common sense is apparently still readily available. In any other world you would be rich for such a practical idea!
    What? lol
    2013-09-12 05:36 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD