User Tag List

  1. luvmytj's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else but when my iPhone 5 is charging it will definitely shock you. My iPhone 4 and 4s did the same thing so it must be pretty common.
    What? I have owned several of every version of the iPhone and never did any of them did this. Stop charging your phone while in the deep end of your pool!
    2013-07-15 05:36 PM
  2. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else but when my iPhone 5 is charging it will definitely shock you. My iPhone 4 and 4s did the same thing so it must be pretty common.
    Same. But only while I was charging my 4s, on a third party ihome,while playing my guitar from the amp on the same outlet.
    2013-07-15 06:01 PM
  3. Serge.H's Avatar
    This has gone viral on the internet..
    2013-07-15 06:14 PM
  4. bradmullins007's Avatar
    What? I have owned several of every version of the iPhone and never did any of them did this. Stop charging your phone while in the deep end of your pool!
    If you consider a couch and laptop equivalent to the deep end of a pool. Ok

    Same. But only while I was charging my 4s, on a third party ihome,while playing my guitar from the amp on the same outlet.
    I simply plug mine into my laptop and if it's without a case I'll get shocked a little.
    2013-07-15 06:41 PM
  5. cpotoso's Avatar
    Apple's (and most other manufacturers) power adapters are very badly insulated. For example my macbook air (and earlier my sony vaio laptop) would give me mild shocks if I do not use a 3-prong (grounded) connector with the adapter, especially when traveling abroad where the voltage is 220 V. It is feasible that you could be electrocuted this way. At least with apple, there is the option of using a grounded connector with the macbook air (but not on iphone or ipad), whereas my sony... what a piece of s***.
    2013-07-15 07:02 PM
  6. iChopPryde's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else but when my iPhone 5 is charging it will definitely shock you. My iPhone 4 and 4s did the same thing so it must be pretty common.
    You should definitely get your wiring checked by a professional I'm not sure where you live but that sounds dangerous and electrical devices shouldn't be doing that it's usually the cause of wiring corroding or faulty best to get it checked in either case.
    2013-07-15 07:17 PM
  7. Perceptum's Avatar
    You can't die in a bath like that. If your house is wired properly you should have a GFI circuit in your bathroom and at the very least the breaker should be tripped before any damage is done.
    GFI are not installed in all houses. Where I live, most do not have them. You can not just i stall one as the Romex cable needs to have a continuous ground lead back to either the breaker box or to the earth.

    why can't people die from normal things like autoerotic asphyxiation.
    lmao!

    Apple's (and most other manufacturers) power adapters are very badly insulated. For example my macbook air (and earlier my sony vaio laptop) would give me mild shocks if I do not use a 3-prong (grounded) connector with the adapter, especially when traveling abroad where the voltage is 220 V. It is feasible that you could be electrocuted this way. At least with apple, there is the option of using a grounded connector with the macbook air (but not on iphone or ipad), whereas my sony... what a piece of s***.
    So if you don't use the adapter like it is supposed to be to be use, you get shocked? Or am I missing something.

    All part of the Samsung/Apple PR war. The anti-Apple component of Samsung's worldwide ad campaign has become increasingly brazen and direct over the last few years and the two have been embroiled in ever more bitter legal patent battles across the world. Wouldn't put it past Samsung's dirty tricks department to have dreamt this one up.
    Did you come up with this conspiracy theory before or after the aliens came and probed you?
    Last edited by Perceptum; 2013-07-15 at 08:54 PM.
    2013-07-15 08:47 PM
  8. CZroe's Avatar
    Lightning? I recall people with iPod's being struck and having burns on their skin along the headphone cable path. If it didn't attract the lightning it may have actually helped by creating a path to ground that bypassed the heart and brain.
    2013-07-15 09:21 PM
  9. The6uest's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else but when my iPhone 5 is charging it will definitely shock you. My iPhone 4 and 4s did the same thing so it must be pretty common.
    What?! I use my phone all the time when it's charging and never had that issue.. iPhone 3G through iPhone 5.
    2013-07-15 09:59 PM
  10. slim.jim's Avatar
    What?! I use my phone all the time when it's charging and never had that issue.. iPhone 3G through iPhone 5.
    Yea I have never had an issue and I have had every version of the iPhone.
    2013-07-15 10:15 PM
  11. cpotoso's Avatar
    Yes, you are missing something: most adapters (including apple's) come with 2 prong power cables/plugs. When used that way they will give you mild shocks (esp. in 220V). Apple at least (for laptops) gives you the option to remove the compact 2 prong plug and use the longer 3 pronged cable which is grounded and the shocking goes away. ALL of this, BTW, was clearly stated in my original post, which clearly you did not read correctly.
    2013-07-15 10:39 PM
  12. Carvensno's Avatar
    I say for the people that are having shocks have wiring problem or stuff that's needs to be updated. I have never had any of my iPhone's shock me before. From my 3G to my iPhone 5 now. Never had any issues when plugging in any electrical items either. Laptops, TV's, desktop computers and etc... Even living in different areas, tropical, coastal, humid, dry heat, and etc...

    Now other issues that could be going on that i haven't seen anybody say yet is how about static electricity? If this girl was dragging her feet on the carpet when walking and then goes to pick up her phone and gets zapped? and this goes for others on here to complaining of shocks?
    2013-07-15 11:11 PM
  13. fleurya's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else but when my iPhone 5 is charging it will definitely shock you. My iPhone 4 and 4s did the same thing so it must be pretty common.
    We see you trollin'
    You hatin'....
    2013-07-16 12:52 AM
  14. mching's Avatar
    Oh.. so that's why they called it the 'Lightning' connector.
    2013-07-16 01:45 AM
  15. Perceptum's Avatar
    Yes, you are missing something: most adapters (including apple's) come with 2 prong power cables/plugs. When used that way they will give you mild shocks (esp. in 220V). Apple at least (for laptops) gives you the option to remove the compact 2 prong plug and use the longer 3 pronged cable which is grounded and the shocking goes away. ALL of this, BTW, was clearly stated in my original post, which clearly you did not read correctly.
    Where in the original post did it mention 2 prong plugs? As for being shocked, I never got shocked and neither did the hundred of students get shocked by the laptops where I worked. Learn how to use equipment properly.
    2013-07-16 03:42 AM
  16. cgfusion's Avatar
    Really,...someone said this is common....BS! I've never heard of this, had it happen or read about it until now.....another get rich scheme. I got severe gas eating Chinese food, maybe I'll sue Red China. How about all the crap in our food ingredients coming from China....should sue for that too.
    2013-07-16 05:04 AM
  17. cpotoso's Avatar
    Where in the original post did it mention 2 prong plugs? As for being shocked, I never got shocked and neither did the hundred of students get shocked by the laptops where I worked. Learn how to use equipment properly.
    I quote from your earlier post "So if you don't use the adapter like it is supposed to be to be use, you get shocked? Or am I missing something.". WHY in the world you claim that one did not use the adapter like it is supposed to be use[d]? So YES, YOU ARE MISSING SOMETHING. And as I mentioned, the shocks are mild. As your posts show, you are not only dumb ("learn to use the equipment properly", really? What a m*ron), but insensitive to the shocks; perhaps the mild shocks killed so many of your brain cells that you cannot sense them anymore (and also cannot make a cogent argument either). Don't bother responding, you already made your point loud and clear.
    2013-07-16 05:08 AM
  18. Perceptum's Avatar
    I quote from your earlier post "So if you don't use the adapter like it is supposed to be to be use, you get shocked? Or am I missing something.". WHY in the world you claim that one did not use the adapter like it is supposed to be use[d]? So YES, YOU ARE MISSING SOMETHING. And as I mentioned, the shocks are mild. As your posts show, you are not only dumb ("learn to use the equipment properly", really? What a m*ron), but insensitive to the shocks; perhaps the mild shocks killed so many of your brain cells that you cannot sense them anymore (and also cannot make a cogent argument either). Don't bother responding, you already made your point loud and clear.
    An educated person will prove their point with facts and reasoning, while others resort to personal attacks.
    2013-07-16 05:18 AM
  19. ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Duh chinee peepl need to be smatta abaaout da teknologee. Dum fuks
    2013-07-16 06:48 AM
  20. recellseo's Avatar
    This seems shady to me....in todays time we wonder if this is some kind of ploy to extort money or to muddle the name of the phone manufacturer or just an accident well who really knows...
    2013-07-16 10:02 AM
44 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD