We recommend restoring but there are other ways alot of times just by popping in a different carrier sim it will activate the unlock on your device.
    I typed up a thread a while ago on unlocking w/out a Restore. Here you go:

http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=812460
    2013-07-23 03:19 PM
    just purchased the unlock. thanks for the great price. question though to the people that are unlocked on unjailbroken devices. does this unlock the cellular data network tab or is it still hidden after? would love to be able to quit doing the tmobile sim swap every time i update the software
    2013-07-23 03:20 PM
    just purchased the unlock. thanks for the great price. question though to the people that are unlocked on unjailbroken devices. does this unlock the cellular data network tab or is it still hidden after? would love to be able to quit doing the tmobile sim swap every time i update the software
    I 'presume' this is a full unlock so activation isn't required anymore
    2013-07-23 03:27 PM
    I 'presume' this is a full unlock so activation isn't required anymore
    Correct once it's unlocked ya dont have to worry about that anymore.
    2013-07-23 03:36 PM
    It will not unlock that tab. You can download a profile for most carriers at unlockit.nz . Just download the profile and it changes your carrier setting based on the carrier your using.
    2013-07-23 04:39 PM
    the phone activates just fine just hoping it wouldnt hide that tab anymore. i know about the unlockit websight thet gets internet but you still have to do the tmobile sim swap or jailbreak it to get mms to work.
    2013-07-23 04:45 PM
    the phone activates just fine just hoping it wouldnt hide that tab anymore. i know about the unlockit websight thet gets internet but you still have to do the tmobile sim swap or jailbreak it to get mms to work.
    The tab being hidden with an officially unlocked iPhone depends on the carrier of the sim inserted. My carrier I am always able to see my cellular network settings option. Not sure about T-mobile though.
    2013-07-23 04:54 PM
    The tab being hidden with an officially unlocked iPhone depends on the carrier of the sim inserted. My carrier I am always able to see my cellular network settings option. Not sure about T-mobile though.
    yea i think its because im using a at&t compatible straight talk sim. t-mobile lets you see it thats why i keep one of there sims on hand. i wish t-mobile worked in my area i would just switch to one of there compatible straight talk sims.
    2013-07-23 05:17 PM
    Would love this unlock
    2013-07-23 05:50 PM
    I run a iPhone repair store and have an unlocking website. Where do I sign up for free advertising? I can do $4 AT&T unlock with no coupon code required (3-6hrs). 1-3hr (usually under 60 minutes) for $15.
    2013-07-23 07:37 PM
    Have you ever done a carrier unlock? A change is made on Apples server by the carrier and your device is identified by the IMEI number. Providing your IMEI number to some random service is not a good idea.
    You don't know what you're talking about. Just stop posting in this thread.
    2013-07-23 07:42 PM
    got this
    2013-07-23 11:31 PM
    I typed up a thread a while ago on unlocking w/out a Restore. Here you go:

http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=812460
    Will this SAM method work for iPhone5?
    2013-07-24 02:03 AM
    Will this SAM method work for iPhone5?
    You dont need the SAM method for a 4S or a 5. Simply putting a different sim in then connecting to wifi or iTunes is enough to activate the unlock.
    2013-07-24 02:22 AM
    You dont need the SAM method for a 4S or a 5. Simply putting a different sim in then connecting to wifi or iTunes is enough to activate the unlock.
    Thanks Simon for clearing that up for me. Since my AT&T Iphone5, if I recall correctly is both CDMA and GSM, I wonder if it will now jive with Sprint via ESN/IMEI activation?
    2013-07-24 01:44 PM
    Thanks Simon for clearing that up for me. Since my AT&T Iphone5, if I recall correctly is both CDMA and GSM, I wonder if it will now jive with Sprint via ESN/IMEI activation?
    Nope, don't think so. Being unlocked will mean it can work with any other GSM carrier, but no CDMA.
    2013-07-24 02:15 PM
    At&t iPhone Unlocks $1
    2013-07-24 04:01 PM
    I personally want to thank everyone who entered the contest and all the people who got an unlock in the last few days.
    I will be getting in touch with the winners shortly.

If you missed the chance to enter you still can use the coupon "MMI2013" to receive $5.00 off any unlock or service purchases.

Thanks,
    Logan aka Cowboy
    Owner of IDeviceGuys, LLC
    2013-07-24 05:14 PM
    Edit lol ^^^
    Lol. 👍

I go to Hammond several times a year. Girlfriend's family lives in Amite. Almost the smallest town ever. Lol.
    2013-07-26 04:55 AM
    You haven't been threw albany then. Lol
    2013-07-29 12:17 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD