This app is a standard on all of my JB devices. Not sure if you can consider your device JB'd without it :]
    2013-08-26 02:49 PM
    He will be releasing an iteration of iFile in the App Store, although this version will be limited as it won’t have root access, will not use private APIs and won’t allow for calling of external executables.
    Those are the only things I've ever used iFile for.
    2013-08-26 04:47 PM
    where are you getting these statistics for how much malware there is on android.
    im certain it isn't that high, classic apple fan blowing things out of proportion...
    The Number Of Malicious Android Apps On Web Stands At 700,000+ | Redmond Pie

Open Source + Closed Mind = Complete idiot. You don't even know what you have in your hand. Now go download a launcher that eats 1 gig of your phone's ram and pretend like its awesome because you can.
    2013-08-26 05:15 PM
    I Use this app daily. Keep it on my dock.
    2013-08-26 07:25 PM
    have you ever used iOS? You are trying to troll (again) and yet you say something that is just false and always has been.
    hmm, I joined this forum in 2009., when I got the shiny new iPhone 3G. Ive had EVERY iPhone from the original up to the 4S. Ive had all iPod touch until the 5th. so don't tell me that Ive never used iOS. I know exactly what it can and cannot do.

you need many apps to do simple things with iOS., things that come built into Android.

Just think, a few years ago (before the iPhone came out) you were using feature phones and the killer smartphone was the ever so reliable blackberry.

AND…

Just think, android has almost a 1-1 ratio of apps to malware. Love that open source…
    even after the iPhone I still loved and adored my Samsung T-809. and before the iPhone I did everything with my Compaq iPaq of 1999 that you're doing with your iPhone today.

EVERY OS, mobile or desktop is susceptible to malware but so far only apple products can get malware from a charger. here's some interesting reading if you're into FACTS vs fan boy rumors.

Feb 2012: apps crash more on iOS than Android. Do iOS Apps Crash More Than Android Apps? A Data Dive - Forbes
    April 2013: apple has MORE security vulnerabilities than Android. Android Remains Main Target For Mobile Malware Writers Despite iOS Having More Vulnerabilities, Says Symantec | TechCrunch
    March 2013: iOS leaks more personal data than Android. iOS apps leak more personal data than do Android apps - report
    March 2013: iOS more vulnerable than Android, Windows Phone & BB combined. iPhone Found To Be More Vulnerable Than Windows Phone, BlackBerry And Android Smartphones, According To New Report | Redmond Pie
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 2013-08-26 at 09:09 PM.
    2013-08-26 08:46 PM
    hmm, I joined this forum in 2009., when I got the shiny new iPhone 3G. Ive had EVERY iPhone from the original up to the 4S. Ive had all iPod touch until the 5th. so don't tell me that Ive never used iOS. I know exactly what it can and cannot do.

you need many apps to do simple things with iOS., things that come built into Android.

even after the iPhone I still loved and adored my Samsung T-809. and before the iPhone I did everything with my Compaq iPaq of 1999 that you're doing with your iPhone today.

EVERY OS, mobile or desktop is susceptible to malware but so far only apple products can get malware from a charger. here's some interesting reading if you're into FACTS vs fan boy rumors.
    I didn't tell you anything, I asked you because you love to say the same things over and over. That charger malware you talk about requires physical access to the device and it has NEVER been seen in the wild. No device is 100% secure with physical access. Apple also patches any exploit found much faster than Google. How about the Google Play Store vulnerability that affects 99% of all android devices out there. The only exception is the GS4. Just be wary entering your bank account info on any android device, it might be recorded by another app because it has access to it. There is a benefit to the closed system and apps not being able to freely communicate with each other.
    2013-08-26 09:57 PM
    Can you please link to a picture of you replying to this message on your mythical ipaq with said 1990's model ipaq? I doubt it because you're full of it and just trying to get attention.

Oh your "facts" make me laugh. You found headlines but didn't read what the articles actually said. That's just pitiful.

Feb 2012: apps crash more on iOS than Android. Do iOS Apps Crash More Than Android Apps? A Data Dive - Forbes
    If you bothered to read the article you'd see that it was tracking an early iOS 5 release. The author plainly states that iOS 4 had similar issues at the beginning of its release and through a combination of Apple and developer updates to their respective software stability greatly increased.

Plus iOS 5 was so 2011 bring me something that isn't multiple generations outdated.

Here is a direct quote from the article:

Today, mobile vulnerabilities have little or no correlation to mobile malware. In fact, while Apple’s iOS had the most documented vulnerabilities in 2012, there was only one threat created for the platform. Compare this to the Android OS; although only thirteen vulnerabilities were reported, it led all mobile operating systems in the amount of malware written for the platform.
    Lets try to compare the same fruit. Your "evidence" that you "researched" states that vulnerabilities do not equal malware.

March 2013: iOS leaks more personal data than Android. iOS apps leak more personal data than do Android apps - report
    Interesting. You actually got one lol. I guess privacy settings are useless if used improperly.

Thankfully your earlier research shows that vulnerabilities don't mean malware which Android enjoys the majority of. One piece of malware in the iOS world is something I can live with compared to hundreds of thousands.

Anyways thanks for the laughs now go away. I hear there's a PS4 vs XBOX One debate going on that you can troll.
    Last edited by bigbaba; 2013-08-26 at 10:08 PM.
    2013-08-26 10:04 PM
    Please don't feed the Trolls. I'm sure he won't go away, he has nothing better to do than spout rubbish here but replying to him only encourages it.

IFile is well worth paying for and it's author is anice guy, I'm sure he will never please everyone but he has certainly helped a heck of a lot of us. Thank you.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2013-08-26 10:59 PM

April 2013: apple has MORE security vulnerabilities than Android. Android Remains Main Target For Mobile Malware Writers Despite iOS Having More Vulnerabilities, Says Symantec | TechCrunch
    March 2013: iOS more vulnerable than Android, Windows Phone & BB combined. iPhone Found To Be More Vulnerable Than Windows Phone, BlackBerry And Android Smartphones, According To New Report | Redmond Pie
    This must be false then

http://modmyi.com/showpost.php?p=6934887

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2013-08-28 11:03 PM
    Don't feed the Troll
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2013-08-28 11:10 PM
    Please don't feed the Trolls. I'm sure he won't go away, he has nothing better to do than spout rubbish here but replying to him only encourages it.
    Yup, we're all tired of his Droid antics. I guess it says something about his personality (or lack of) that he has to come to an Apple forum just to bash.
    2013-08-28 11:29 PM
    It's gonna blow on the App Store. It's going to be so limited. But it's a step in the right direction.
    That is true, however we can be virtually certain of one thing: out of all the so-called "file managers" on the App Store right now, this one will certainly be the best of the bunch.

It won't matter much to most of us though because we'll be jailbroken.
    2013-08-29 10:46 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD