There have been several rumors about a pair of camera lens from Sony that will work with both iPhones and Android phones. According to the folks over at SonyAlpha Rumors, details of the Cybcer-shot DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 have been leaked. Both of the devices are set to be announced tomorrow and launched sometime this September. The DSC-QX10 is set to cost around $250 USD and the DSC-QX100 is set to cost around $500 USD.

The leak was published earlier today and was even accompanied by an advertisement which showcased how the lenses work. They can be used totally detached from a phone and controlled by the Sony PlayMemories Mobile app, which is completely free. The app allows the iPhone (or Android phone) to be used as a real-time viewfinder. The lens end up using Wi-Fi to connect to the iPhone or an Android device but can also store images on a microSD card that has a capacity of up to 64 GB.

To get a bit more technical, the entry-level DSC-QX10 has a 1/2.3-inch Exmor CMOS sensor and a Sony G 9 lens. This combination gives the lens the ability to produce images with 18.9 megapixel and a 10 times optical zoom. The DSC-QX100 on the other hand has a 1-inch Exmor sensor capable of grabbing 20.9-megapixel photos, and has a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with a fast F1.8 aperture, although not as much of an optical zoom range.

For those of you who would like to have the lens attached to your iPhone to make imitate the look and feel of a DSLR-style camera, there’s an attachment case that the lens snaps onto. Those of you who are into iPhoneography can definitely utilize the lens to take your game up to the next level. You can watch the video that demonstrates the DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 below:

Source: SonyAlpha Rumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2013-09-04 05:06 AM
    I love my Panasonic DMC-ZS30. It has 20x Optical Zoom, and is still pocket sized. Amazing low light and even has WiFi but the app is clunky'ish but functional.

I'd entertain something that compliments my iPhone directly. (good idea) I wrote off Sony for other reasons years ago though.

I'm still ready to see how people like it though when it hits the market.

Things are going this direction, my new Pioneer AppRadio 3 relies on my iPhone 5 as the brains for example.
    2013-09-04 11:19 AM
    I love my Panasonic DMC-ZS30. It has 20x Optical Zoom, and is still pocket sized. Amazing low light and even has WiFi but the app is clunky'ish but functional.

I'd entertain something that compliments my iPhone directly. (good idea) I wrote off Sony for other reasons years ago though.

I'm still ready to see how people like it though when it hits the market.

Things are going this direction, my new Pioneer AppRadio 3 relies on my iPhone 5 as the brains for example.
    Attached Images
    2013-09-04 03:50 PM
    lollllol

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.
    2013-09-04 03:56 PM
    This just got confirmed.
    2013-09-04 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD