It could be one out of many reasons that your phone randomly reboots, but we would advise you to remove that patch, and probably re-install Mobile Substrate.
    Ok thanks my iPhone hasn't rebooted since I did it
    2013-12-28 02:39 AM
    Saurik needs to move his ***** and get mobile substrate working/formatted for arm64. Seems as if he's dragging out of spite.
    Says the ungrateful, Saurik ignore people like this. I have always appreciated what you all have done.
    2013-12-28 02:53 AM
    Really don't see what the big deal is , I have plenty of tweaks and snes emulator working awesome on my 5c. Just gotta make sure you don't reboot. Resprings are fine. If you do accidentally reboot just reinstall mobile substrate, respring, and voila !

Beats the hell out of using a tethered jailbreak!
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837
    2013-12-28 03:03 AM
    "Kotin6006 - Today, 01:20 PM
    Exactly. Just be patient and wait for it to be done right. If you don't have the patience you probably shouldn't be jailbreaking."

I'm so waiting for the next Generation of iPhones. Hopefully Apple will address the reasons I use to jailbreak! Thinking I just might sit this round out.
    Last edited by DieselVexx; 2013-12-28 at 04:23 AM.
    2013-12-28 04:14 AM
    Saurik needs to move his ***** and get mobile substrate working/formatted for arm64. Seems as if he's dragging out of spite.
    I bet you did not work on Xmas!

Just patch it yourself if you don't want to wait. I hope he never does it. Then you can get an Andriod and this forums IQ will go up 10 points when you leave.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2013-12-28 04:51 AM
    So what's the correct procedure to get tweaks to work on iPhone 5 on 7.0.4? I have tried everything...
    Install Tweak > respring > reinstall MS > respring? Then the tweak should work and should show up in the settings menu (if applicable)?
    Also, what's the best way to respring after MS reinstall? (Cydia doest ask to do it)

Thank you so much for the help!!
    2013-12-28 04:55 AM
    Best thing to do is to wait for the updated mobile substrate and preference loader to be released.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2013-12-28 05:03 AM
    So what's the correct procedure to get tweaks to work on iPhone 5 on 7.0.4? I have tried everything...
    Install Tweak > respring > reinstall MS > respring? Then the tweak should work and should show up in the settings menu (if applicable)?
    Also, what's the best way to respring after MS reinstall? (Cydia doest ask to do it)

Thank you so much for the help!!
    I downloaded winter board and just use that to respring every time I have to reinstall mobile substrate. Works good that way
    And you don't need to reinstall mobile substrate after resprings. Only when your phone reboots then you need to reinstall it and respring using winter board after. It's actually very easy lol just lots of reinstalling mobile substrate until you get all the tweaks you want.

If you don't really understand what I mean then It's best to wait lol =P

So install all the tweaks you want and respring all you want and it will be fine basically. You only have to reinstall mobile substrate if your phone actually reboots (I.e power off and back on)
    Last edited by Trypt4mine; 2013-12-28 at 05:39 AM.
    2013-12-28 05:37 AM
    Ive installed the fix from a 3rd party repo and all my hacks works just flawlessly. I dont see why saurik is upset abbout not installing those..what the big loss anyway? i have my entire phone backedup to icloud and pc, so in any worst case i can reinstall and get back to the same position and rejailbreak with evasion, the entire process is just 5 mins zip!

While you guys are waiting im happily enjoying the JB with all the tweaks properly working. If u guys need the right combo fix for it, pm me. i will guide u through 2 fixes which needs to be installed one oafter the other. SAurik is good, but he is taking time. You guys can still enjoy the JB with tweaks while he updates MS.

regards.
    2013-12-28 06:07 AM
    Hopefully Apple will address the reasons I use to jailbreak!
    One can wish but very unlikely. First they'll never make iOS flexible enough to accommodate everyone's preferences. Second they'll never allow an app like MyWi to avoid ripoff tethering fees from the carriers.
    2013-12-28 06:14 AM
    I don't know a lot about how all of this stuff works, but I have been Jail Breaking since the beginning with the first iPhone. I can remember how involved and difficult it was in the beginning. I for one appreciate what Saurik and others have done for the iPhone community. Saurik was the first to really step up and he created a system that works. I hope he is making money, he deserves it. I think a lot of the new comers to Jail Breaking are spoiled by how easy it is now.
    2013-12-28 06:49 AM
    I don't know a lot about how all of this stuff works, but I have been Jail Breaking since the beginning with the first iPhone. I can remember how involved and difficult it was in the beginning. I for one appreciate what Saurik and others have done for the iPhone community. Saurik was the first to really step up and he created a system that works. I hope he is making money, he deserves it. I think a lot of the new comers to Jail Breaking are spoiled by how easy it is now.
    This is so true ! Been jail breaking since the first iphone (back in the installer days lol no cydia, no apple App Store even) and it's so much easier now ! Mind you I was like 12-13 when I first started so it was probably harder to understand then lol =P
    2013-12-28 08:05 AM
    I bet you did not work on Xmas!

Just patch it yourself if you don't want to wait. I hope he never does it. Then you can get an Andriod and this forums IQ will go up 10 points when you leave.
    What's android? Also, I'm sure he won't, lol.

Best thing to do is to wait for the updated mobile substrate and preference loader to be released.
    Yes, the update you wish he never releases.
    Last edited by stolenpentium; 2013-12-28 at 11:56 AM.
    2013-12-28 11:08 AM
    Ive installed the fix from a 3rd party repo and all my hacks works just flawlessly. I dont see why saurik is upset abbout not installing those..what the big loss anyway? i have my entire phone backedup to icloud and pc, so in any worst case i can reinstall and get back to the same position and rejailbreak with evasion, the entire process is just 5 mins zip!

While you guys are waiting im happily enjoying the JB with all the tweaks properly working. If u guys need the right combo fix for it, pm me. i will guide u through 2 fixes which needs to be installed one oafter the other. SAurik is good, but he is taking time. You guys can still enjoy the JB with tweaks while he updates MS.

regards.
    You're, of course, referring to an iPhone 4, 4S , 5 or 5C... correct? Not a 5S.. ?
    2013-12-28 12:07 PM
    Got my IPad mini jail broken. Maybe I was to hasty. I love my new jail broken Chrismas toy. Seriously thinking about a third party patch for mobile substrate before the jailbreak is broken by an update to iO. Wish there was a time frame posted for Mr. Freeman's update.
    2013-12-28 01:08 PM
    Got my IPad mini jail broken. Maybe I was to hasty. I love my new jail broken Chrismas toy. Seriously thinking about a third party patch for mobile substrate before the jailbreak is broken by an update to iO. Wish there was a time frame posted for Mr. Freeman's update.
    Experiment away!! With great respect for Saurik's tireless efforts on behalf of the JB Community - his request here, to not use 3rd party Mobile Substrate patches, is a little silly. The heart of the jailbreak ethos is to hack around with your phone to try and get it to do things it normally shouldn't. What he asks here sounds a little Apple-like to me.. Lol!! Of course there is no threat to your phone to experiment now - as you're only a simple restore away from being back to stock again and re- jailbreaking. So I say "experiment away".. That's the very heart of the jailbreak experience.

But always make sure your phone's backed up.
    2013-12-28 01:24 PM
    I have jail broken my iPhone 5s and all my apps are running pretty well. However, my wifi hotspot is not working at all. I can't even see it on my laptop or tablet. Is that what is supposed to happen? Anyone can help me please?
    bobby
    2013-12-28 04:05 PM
    After jailbreak - it takes about 2-5 minutes for the personal hotspot to show up as available in my laptop or tablet.. It does eventually show though.

This was a problem in the iOS 6 jailbreak as well. Personal Hotspot does NOT play nicely with Evasi0n jailbreaks.
    2013-12-28 04:38 PM
    Saurik has never been about the money and you don't know anything about what he's talking about.
    You don't know anything about real life you think he's not about the money then why did he buy out rock to have a monopoly why won't hire employees to run the crap cydia app ? Why are the same old apps sold on cydia that don't work anymore ? Why does he take millions in revenue from the devs if he is not about the money ? Why wouldn't he pay evaders? The only ones really deserving of the money is evaders and everyone is having a **** storm because they tried to make money. Who cares what they do it's their work and money. Saurik sponges off the hackers and devs and gets all this glory like he's a saint when in fact he barely runs this cash cow won't hire people because he doesn't want anyone involved in his money. You bet he will update substrate quickly because he's losing money but rest of Cydia will stay neglected as it has been for years because hes a fat lazy sponge
    Last edited by jonathan1683; 2013-12-28 at 05:49 PM.
    2013-12-28 05:46 PM
    You don't know anything about real life you think he's not about the money then why did he buy out rock to have a monopoly why won't hire employees to run the crap cydia app ? Why are the same old apps sold on cydia that don't work anymore ? Why does he take millions in revenue from the devs if he is not about the money ? Why wouldn't he pay evaders? The only ones really deserving of the money is evaders and everyone is having a **** storm because they tried to make money. Who cares what they do it's their work and money. Saurik sponges off the hackers and devs and gets all this glory like he's a saint when in fact he barely runs this cash cow won't hire people because he doesn't want anyone involved in his money. You bet he will update substrate quickly because he's losing money but rest of Cydia will stay neglected as it has been for years because hes a fat lazy sponge
    If they were really all about the money, they'd be working for a big company making millions. These are probably some of the best coders not hired by a big company. They really do it because they love to do it and they believe devices and software shouldn't be limited. They hope that they get paid somehow for their work mostly coming through donations or tweaks that they make.
    2013-12-28 05:55 PM
64 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD