If you have an application on your iOS device that you use all the time, but its lost somewhere in the clutter of all your home screen pages and folders, then you need a fast way to launch that application without having to dig through all your home screen pages and folders.

A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed Fav by iOS developer DarkMalloc lets you favorite one application of your choice on your iOS 7 device, and then, you can pull your SpringBoard to the right, as shown above, to launch your favorited application.

The tweak is intended for quick access to only one application. You can't select multiple applications, and you can't set different gestures to launch applications. When you set an application as your favorite, and then pull your SpringBoard to the right, the Fav banner will begin appearing red, and will turn green when you've pulled it enough. When the Fav banner is green, you can release the touch screen and your favorite application will launch. In the case above, we picked Cydia as our favorite application.

Fav adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, and pick your favorite application that will launch when you use the tweak:

You will need to enable the tweak before you can use it. If you don't, trying to pull SpringBoard to the right will not do anything. Fav is disabled by default when you install it. The implementation of Fav is certainly unique, and we're sure that many of you are going to like this tweak!

If you want to give Fav a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: Fav
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: DarkMalloc
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    2014-01-05 11:58 AM
    Looks interesting I shall be giving this ago

Don't you just love it when a JB arrives after such a long wait
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9020/gagaxq.jpg
    2014-01-05 01:33 PM
    If you have an application on your iOS device that you use all the time, but it’s lost somewhere in the clutter of all your home screen pages and folders, then you need a fast way to launch that application without having to dig through all your home screen pages and folders.
    If you have an app you use a lot, you generally know where it is, unless your an idiot.

Want a fast way to open your favourite app, try Fav an awesome new tweak...
    Last edited by dsg; 2014-01-05 at 02:55 PM.
    2014-01-05 02:50 PM
    So I pretty much have to scroll all the way to the right (past my fav app) in order to open my fav app with this tweak? I don't see how this is practical at all.
    2014-01-05 03:30 PM
    this is good idea but would be better if you can put 4-5 icons on that fave list
    2014-01-05 04:40 PM
    Call me crazy, but I place my favorite applications on the home screen page 1.
    2014-01-05 06:29 PM
    You are not crazy, we all do the same thing by putting out favorite apps on the first page.
    2014-01-05 06:32 PM
    I do not usually say this out of respect, but WTH would I need this with Folders and the bottom Bar? Sorry someone my like it but I just don't see the value
    2014-01-05 06:52 PM
    Put in bottom bar or on first page. Else set activator to launch it with a special trigger.
    2014-01-05 07:48 PM
    Does this work on IP5s?
    2014-01-05 10:29 PM
    So I pretty much have to scroll all the way to the right (past my fav app) in order to open my fav app with this tweak? I don't see how this is practical at all.
    No you dont have to scroll all the way to the right... maybe for you is not practical, but for a lot of people is, you are not the only one with an iPhone.

Does this work on IP5s?
    Yes it work with iPhone 5S

Crazy
    2014-01-06 05:29 AM
    this cool but would be better if it brought twitter and timeline feed. that would make a top 10 jailbreak
    2014-01-06 07:09 AM
    Thanks very much
    2014-01-06 12:02 PM
    Does AppsCenter not work with iOS 7? I use it on iOS 6, it allows you to pick any number of apps, not just one. Also, having some semblance of organization (ie, using folders to categorize apps rather than scrolling page after page of clutter) helps too. It doesn't help that it looks rather bland (at least to me, iOS 7 in general feels bland compared to before, despite it's new and interesting offerings) though I do respect that there are people who like this look and feel.
    2014-01-06 07:06 PM
    No you dont have to scroll all the way to the right... maybe for you is not practical, but for a lot of people is, you are not the only one with an iPhone.

Yes it work with iPhone 5S

Crazy
    And who exactly would this be practical for? Those who refuse to allocate their fav apps together? Those who for some reason cannot use activator? It just sounds like it'd be more trouble to use this than to just click the icon there in your face.
    2014-01-06 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD