User Tag List

A new game was recently released that’s causing quite a bit of commotion in the tech world. It’s called “Umoove Experience,” and it follows an antagonist around as he flies around various villages collecting bottles of purple magic potion to score points. The reason it’s behind all this commotion is because of its control scheme. It utilizes Umoove’s eye-tracking technology which uses simple head motions to control the character instead of touch motion.

Much like any new method of input, the eye-tracking technology in Umoove Experience takes a bit of practice to get used to. The game begins with calibration which asks you to look at circles placed around the screen but after a few seconds you end up running and flying. Unfortunately there isn’t really much to the game itself, you fly around a village and pick up purple bottles of magic potion. If you don’t get the bottle quick enough, your character will end up dying.

What the game is really about though is showcasing Umoove’s eye and face-tracking technology for users and developers. It already has an SDK out for devs to use and is reportedly talking to OEMs about implementing the tech in future devices. At the very least, the game demonstrates eye and face-tracking technology which many believe is the next step towards the wave of the future.

Those of you interested in trying the game out can do so for free from the App Store.

What do you think of the technology?

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-01-15 06:34 AM
    Interesting demonstration of this technology... Though I'd advise not to play this in public, lol You look very weird while playing this!! lol
    2014-01-15 07:15 AM
    I think it looks extremely cool. Downloading it now. Thank the non-existent god for Unlimited Data on my 5S.
    2014-01-15 12:07 PM
    I think it looks extremely cool. Downloading it now. Thank the non-existent god for Unlimited Data on my 5S.
    That was stupid.
    2014-01-15 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD