To quickly identify from a glance what applications you have running in the background, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called IsRunning by iOS developer Sassoty.

What this tweak will do is place a custom notification badge on the application icons of applications that are open in your App Switcher. The default notification badge is set to display a capital letter "R," but you can configure it to show anything you want (as long as it fits).

When you close the applications that are open in your App Switcher, the custom notification badges will disappear from the application icons.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, as well as configure what you want your custom application icon badge to display:

IsRunning is intended for iOS 7 devices, and if you want to give it a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: IsRunning
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.2-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Sassoty
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    2014-03-04 07:34 PM
    I like the idea, but that badge is fugly and the implementation is inelegant. If there was a different notification? Backlight glow? Highlighted icon? I'll admit it is tough do do especially if someone is using a different icon because of winterboard.

Again, I think the idea is great, but it needs a more subtle indicator.
    2014-03-04 07:46 PM
    Where do notifications go then?
    2014-03-04 07:47 PM
    Where do notifications go then?
    Notification badges are over-written, but notification banners, Lock Screen notifications, and Notification Center notifications still remain as usual.
    2014-03-04 07:53 PM
    I asked the developer to add an icon background glow a few days ago. He said it was a good idea, so I assume he may implement it shortly.
    2014-03-04 08:41 PM
    Had to restore my phone. The icon wouldn't go away.
    2014-03-05 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD