User Tag List

Vertex is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developers Ian Burns and Timon Olsthoorn (Xpod) that combines the power of the iOS 7 App Switcher with Control Center into one, convenient interface. Shown above, the App Switcher portion of the interface is at the top, while the bottom of the screen has the Control Center-esque features.

Vertex replaces Control Center and the iOS 7 App Switcher. With the tweak enabled, whenever you double-press the Home Button, or you swipe up from the bottom of the display, instead of the App Switcher opening up or Control Center opening up, Vertex will open up instead.

You can swipe left or right through the application preview cards at the top of the interface, and as you would expect, you can swipe up on them to close them completely. The toggle interface is based off of Flipswitch, so you get more than just the toggles Apple would normally give you. In addition, there is a brightness slider, and media controls contained within the interface.

Vertex adds a preferences pane tot he Settings application where you can configure a number of options:

Here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, enable or disable swiping up from the bottom of the display to open Vertex, enable or disable showing the application icons in the Vertex App Switcher, enable or disable a gray background over a blurred background, enable or disable round application preview card corners, choose the toggles you want, configure your toggle paging gesture, and enable "return to start," which brings you to the first toggle page every time you open Vertex.

Below, we have a screenshot example of Vertex with round corners and application icons enabled:

The interface is well-thought through and the animations compliment the interface very well. We can say that this tweak is a nice way to combine the two interfaces without needing to have two separate interfaces in iOS 7. If you want to give Vertex a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for just $1.49. The tweak requires iOS 7 to be installed.

Name: Vertex
    Price: $1.49
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.6
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Ian Burns, Xpod
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    2014-03-06 05:38 PM
    It's not a bad idea, but the lack of airplay/airdrop buttons, and incompatibility with quick activator make it a deal breaker for me.
    2014-03-06 06:56 PM
    It needs airplay/airdrop support to fully replace control center. This is how apple should've done the app switcher. Control center isn't needed ever with this tweak if it supported airplay/airdrop.

Also, support with CCcontrols would be nice, too!
    Last edited by Scotty Manley Silberhorn; 2014-03-06 at 07:20 PM.
    2014-03-06 07:17 PM
    It needs airplay/airdrop support to fully replace control center. This is how apple should've done the app switcher. Control center isn't needed ever with this tweak if it supported airplay/airdrop.

Also, support with CCcontrols would be nice, too!
    Cccomtrols is that better than cctoggles?
    2014-03-06 10:46 PM
    I like CCcontrols. I think I've tried both but CCcontrols was more appealing to me and had more options at the time.
    2014-03-06 11:49 PM
    Fantastic tweak. Period. I love it. It's the way apple definitely should have done control center. Air Drop would be nice, but I can deal without it until it hopefully is added
    2014-03-07 12:00 AM
    No way!!! Vertex, CCControls, etc, etc can't even touch CCToggles! I tried Vertex and the lack of Quicklaunches renders it useless.

Basically, all the 'CC' tweax that don't incorporate quicklaunch are pointless!!!

Don't get me wrong, the concept is nice but execution was below par...
    2014-03-07 06:13 AM
    No way! This would ruin Gridswitcher and Gridswitcher is awesome.
    2014-03-07 11:40 PM
    No way! This would ruin Gridswitcher and Gridswitcher is awesome.
    +1
    2014-03-08 01:41 PM
    I love the idea of this. Hoping someone combines the features of this with Flip Control Center / CCLoader -- That would be bliss.
    2014-03-10 12:52 AM
    I love the idea of this. Hoping someone combines the features of this with Flip Control Center / CCLoader -- That would be bliss.
    You have no idea what you're missing by using those CC tweax
    2014-03-10 04:22 PM
    You have no idea what you're missing by using those CC tweax
    I don't understand -- do you mean the lack of quick launch features?

I don't need those. That's what the Springboard is for, after all. I have more than enough room for all of my apps on one springboard page thanks to Bigify and Iconoclasm (using a clean 5 columns x 7 rows scheme; 35 icons total). Not to mention how easily available even more apps are when using folder enhancer & taptapfolders. Then include the Activator actions for double-tapping specific app icons to launch OTHER apps and I can open as many as 70 different apps with one or two taps on my first springboard page (and virtually an unlimited number with just three) while never needing to launch control-center at all.
    2014-03-23 10:33 AM
    @FLskydiver,
    I'm not sayin Quicklaunches are a necessity but if you're gonna have a CC Tweak installed, you might as well have the best one!

I use the default Quicklaunches all the time, as well as, the Kill All Apps quicklaunch and a Quick Compose for Bite quicklaunch. None of the other tweax (including Vertex) allow this type of integration.

On another note, how did you get double-tapping an icon to launch a different app? I can't find that in Activator and TapTapFolder only let's me open the first app in that folder. Please share!!!
    2014-03-23 03:36 PM
    @FLskydiver,
    I'm not sayin Quicklaunches are a necessity but if you're gonna have a CC Tweak installed, you might as well have the best one!

I use the default Quicklaunches all the time, as well as, the Kill All Apps quicklaunch and a Quick Compose for Bite quicklaunch. None of the other tweax (including Vertex) allow this type of integration.

On another note, how did you get double-tapping an icon to launch a different app? I can't find that in Activator and TapTapFolder only let's me open the first app in that folder. Please share!!!
    App activator I think.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 2014-03-23 at 04:01 PM.
    2014-03-23 03:55 PM
    App activator I think.
    Ahhh, nice! I didn't think that was iOS 7 compatible. Granted, it IS another tweak that has to be installed.

Maybe I'm simple but I don't like having to remember Activator actions cuz it's too much for my puny brain to handle! LOL!

Thanx all!
    2014-03-23 04:42 PM
    @FLskydiver,\

Open Activator,

tap "At Home Screen",

tap "Edit" in the upper-right corner,

and you will see a menu for "Custom Events" where you can build new events.

Available events include double-tapping on app icons; tap & holding app icons, and flicking them in different directions.

Create your new event(s), than select "Done" (again in the upper-right).

Now, still on the "At Home Screen" page, scroll down to the "Springboard" sub-menu. Open that, and now you can assign an action to your new event(s).

For example, I can double-tap my Yahoo Weather app's icon to open the Weather Channel app. I can double tap the Music icon to toggle pause/play of background music. I can also flick the music icon left and right to skip to the previous or next track. You can also create actions where you can double-tap the mail icon to create a new email, or the facebook icon to create a new wall post. I've chosen to double-tap my App Store icon to open Cydia, and my Settings Icon to open Activator. If you've downloaded Gregorian, you can set Activator to open the stock calendar app when double-tapping (or holding, or flicking, etc.).

Basically, Activator already does everything you've mentioned you wanted Quick Launch features for ... so you might not even need some of those other apps. Activator is the bomb.
    2014-03-24 01:49 AM
    @skydiver
    Dude, the Activator actions are AWESOME!!! I never knew or tried to learn what it could do. The Double-Tap feature is in the 'Activator' from Ryan's repo (for those that don't know) and I now have a couple apps I use w/ this. Thanx!!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-03-26 at 05:53 PM.
    2014-03-26 02:08 AM
    @skydiver
    Dude, the Activator actions are AWESOME!!! . . . . Thanx!!!!
    Yup. You're welcome.
    2014-03-26 02:50 AM
    fantastic tweak!
    2014-03-26 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD