Version 5.0 of the iTunes Festival App has been updated by Apple recently, even before next week’s SXSW festival which begins on Tuesday, March 11. MacStories noted that the iTunes Festival app shows up with an updated icon in the iTunes store and is listed to have a “refreshed design” and support for SXSW.

The iTunes Festival App is now available for download in the app store. Users are able to download the app with iOS 7.0.6, which indicate that iOS 7.1 is not required like mentioned earlier in the week.

The iTunes Festival is an annual event hosted in London, but U.S. will be hosting the event for the first time this year. Five free nights of music will be offered at the festival beginning Tuesday, March 11th at Austin City Limits Live in Austin, Texas. Pitbull, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, and Keith Urban are only a few of the artists that will be featured at the festival this year.

On demand streams of the shows will be available on the newly designed iTunes Festival App and Apple TV.

Source: iTunes via MacStories

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-03-07 06:00 AM
    It can be downloaded with any ios 7 build, not just 7.0.6.
    2014-03-07 09:36 AM
    I installed and even before I call owed it to send push notifications it crashed

Even before I accepted push it crashed. Hit wrong button
    2014-03-08 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD