Even if you get it downloaded if Apple isn't signing it's useless.
    Didnt i say i upgraded to 7.06? No 7.1 here.
    2014-03-11 01:34 PM
    Didnt i say i upgraded to 7.06? No 7.1 here.
    That's very interesting...can't see how that could be...unless iTunes had already been authorized to restore to that before the signing window closed...that's definitely something I've not seen before...definitely some weird timing interaction issue with iTunes n signing server...oh well...u definitely lucked out on that one...
    2014-03-11 01:52 PM
    Sucks that the SpringBoard crash fix is only in this update.
    Yea and my springboard is crashing a lot now. I'm really upset about this and might have to restore my phone. Can't take a screen shot or open some apps without a crash!
    2014-03-11 02:24 PM
    That's very interesting...can't see how that could be...unless iTunes had already been authorized to restore to that before the signing window closed...that's definitely something I've not seen before...definitely some weird timing interaction issue with iTunes n signing server...oh well...u definitely lucked out on that one...
    Well that's scary. I'll be sure to check now on before I restore future jail breaks. On another note, I went from 7.04-7.06 and now my iPhone crashed time to time when it never did before. Is this normal? I only installed a couple of the same tweaks I had before so it's almost stock.
    2014-03-11 02:26 PM
    I'm on iPhone 4 and I do notice the speed increase.
    2014-03-11 02:40 PM
    The big question is, does 7.1 close the JB hole? Hopefully not because there are a few updates in 7.1 that I would like to have but still be able to JB.
    2014-03-11 04:22 PM
    The big question is, does 7.1 close the JB hole? Hopefully not because there are a few updates in 7.1 that I would like to have but still be able to JB.
    Yes it does and has been closed for last couple 7.1 betas too.
    2014-03-11 04:27 PM
    Anyone know if they did the educational updates like they were talking about for this update?
    2014-03-11 06:20 PM
    i love ios 7.1 but its draining my battery really fast! this morning within 5 mins i saw my battery go from 100% down to 93%!! i dont know what to do?!! Phone is out of warranty
    2014-03-11 10:10 PM
    Did you upgrade? Try a clean install, normally only necessary for a major upgrade but will almost certainly fix your problem.

Oh dear, I think iH8sn0w is making a fool of himself. I thought he had grown up and learned....

It would be interesting if I am wrong.
    Last edited by confucious; 2014-03-11 at 10:45 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2014-03-11 10:40 PM
    There might never be a JB for 7.1!
    So glad I stayed on 7.0.6!
    2014-03-11 10:49 PM
    There might never be a JB for 7.1!
    So glad I stayed on 7.0.6!
    Might?

I'd say it's almost a certainty.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2014-03-11 10:54 PM
    i love ios 7.1 but its draining my battery really fast! this morning within 5 mins i saw my battery go from 100% down to 93%!! i dont know what to do?!! Phone is out of warranty
    Whenever you update firmware, Apple resets a lot of switches back to on - that I'm sure you usually have turned off. When I updated my wife's phone these things were all turned back on that I always leave off because of huge battery drain:
    1)Turn off Bluetooth.. unless you have special equipment that uses it
    2)Turn off PUSH mail unless you have a company email where you need it to update automatically. Don't forget, every time you open your Mail.app on your phone - it auto gets all mail. Push mail is a BIG battery drain and of little practical use.
    3) Go into Settings-->Privacy-->Location Services-->System and turn off EVERY SWITCH in there except traffic.. You don't need ANY of them. Trust me -- all big battery drains.
    4)Go into Settings-->General-->Background App Refresh and turn off all those. You don't need them and a HUGE battery drain
    5)Run your brightness at no more than 60% and leave it on automatic.

7.1, when I reset it to all the settings I used in 7.0.4 and 7.0.6, adds no additional battery drain for my wife's phone. If anything - it improved per her feedback to me.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-03-11 at 11:06 PM.
    2014-03-11 11:00 PM
    That's why I said might. I have a feeling the evaders will get overwhelmed with requests for finding a 7.1 JB and since they're crowd pleasers they just MIGHT look into it
    2014-03-11 11:02 PM
    I am so far out of the loop these days and there are so many new players it is possible you are right. But I don't think so.
    2014-03-11 11:05 PM
    That's why I said might. I have a feeling the evaders will get overwhelmed with requests for finding a 7.1 JB and since they're crowd pleasers they just MIGHT look into it
    Oh, they are INDEED 'rock star' personalities.. in liking the attention - but there's just a practicality issue. iOS8 developer beta is slated to drop in May or June.. They'll just focus all their energies on finding exploits for it. Only a 'hotshot' solo guy will undertake a 7.1 Jailbreak.. He'll get LOOOOOTS of donations if he nails it.. But he'll have to find exploits on his own. Evaders will not likely 'allow' any of their current ones be 'hijacked' for a 7.1 JB.

Hacking used to be about individual hotshots getting the job done.. but it's become a little more 'corporate' now.. TEAMS of hackers. Part of that is because it's SOOO hard to find a jailbreak since iOS4 (last easy one). But part of it is also to have 'all of them' be able to share in the spoils (the donations that come in).
    2014-03-11 11:10 PM
    Hey guys,

Currently running jailbroken iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1. I didn't upgrade to 7.0x yet as I was waiting for LockInfo to get compatible . Have I now missed my opportunity to jailbreak 7.0x? I read that the signing window is now closed but since I am already jailbroken with SHSH blogs can I still do this??

Thanks in advance.
    2014-03-12 01:42 AM
    Can't be done sorry. Shsh blobs don't work on iPhone 5. You will have to go to 7.1 and no jailbreak sorry.
    2014-03-12 02:08 AM
    @newdestinyx
    Haha rockstars no doubt! I couldn't believe all the drama between Saurik and the evaders when this last JB came out. Hopefully the next JB doesn't have all the controversy that this one did
    2014-03-12 02:14 AM
    So basically a useless update for 99% of us. Let's see how many people "accidentally" update lol
    Not really. I find just about everything in this update to be useful.
    2014-03-12 05:17 AM
84 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD