Excellent campaign. It is/was addicting for a few days / week, then it becomes the simple stupid app it is. Don't get me wrong, my kids and their friends had it too, but got bored with it until it was taken away from new friends downloading it.

Bring it back, spike the ad revenue then it will die again quicker that the first time, but will have a huge rebound and record downloads the first few days.... Still making thousands a day during the meantime. Excellent marketing strategy. (Best yet).

I'm sure others will follow like they did the game.
    Last edited by BiGBaD; 2014-03-12 at 04:57 AM.
    2014-03-12 04:54 AM
    Someone on here called this out when it was first announced that he was pulling it. Hit the nail right on the head!
    2014-03-12 05:21 AM
    Honestly, who didn't see this coming.
    You'd have to be crazy to turn down 50k revenue. For that kind of cash, you could just hire a small dev team and be done with it.
    2014-03-12 06:15 AM
    Honestly, who cares? I played it for about a week and then deleted it.
    2014-03-12 08:48 AM
    This guys is a joke, one minute he pulls it from the app store because he didnt like the attention he was getting. Now he is considering bringing it back as he says people needed a break - WTF, who does this guy think he is, it is our lives, our time, and our choice to play or not play the game for as long as we like. This guys ought to get his head out from his *** and stop being a moron! He is obviously bringing it back for money reasons, maybe the new updates will be a paid version or more ads and stuff connected to it so he earns more, what a selfish idiot this guy is.

Oh and by the way, ive never even played the game - just hate the hype and crap surrounding it.
    2014-03-12 08:55 AM
    You also have to consider that he lives in Vietnam, I don't think the communist government will let him off that easily with all that money coming in.
    2014-03-12 09:25 AM
    Not everyone thinks money is everything.
    well said.
    2014-03-12 02:03 PM
    it was pulled off from the app store.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-03-13 at 12:25 AM.
    2014-03-12 03:45 PM
    it was pulled off from the app store.
    We don't discuss pirate repos on this forum. Against forum rules.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-03-13 at 12:26 AM.
    2014-03-12 05:55 PM
    We don't discuss pirate repos on this forum. Against forum rules.
    That's not necessarily a repo. He may be talking specifically about the app, which is just a third-party App Store. Doesn't mean it is automatically about piracy.
    2014-03-12 09:16 PM
    That's not necessarily a repo. He may be talking specifically about the app, which is just a third-party App Store. Doesn't mean it is automatically about piracy.
    Any store/repo that makes legit and pirate apps available side by side is off limits on the forum. It has "mostly" stolen stuff.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-03-13 at 01:06 AM.
    2014-03-12 11:02 PM
    Any store/repo that makes legit and pirate apps available side by side is off limits on the forum. AppCake has "mostly" stolen stuff.
    Regardless "mostly" has, people download discontinued apps all the time. There is no piracy involved in this. Just like anybody can download mp3's from private artists. You people are so quick to jump to conclusions.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-03-13 at 01:05 AM.
    2014-03-13 12:13 AM
    Anything that promotes piracy really should not be discussed hear and the fact that you even know about this is disgusting. Just because there are possible non piracy uses does not mean this is in any way acceptable.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2014-03-13 12:21 AM
    Regardless of what *****"mostly" has, people download discontinued apps all the time. There is no piracy involved in this. Just like anybody can download mp3's from private artists.
    You really don't get it - do you? Your analogy isn't even remotely correct. A more appropriate one would be: a small grocery store that cooked meth in the back room and sold it to kids.. Their selling groceries out front doesn't mask their illegal activity in the back. Any store that contains even 1 pirated app - is promoting stealing regardless of what else it offers. Period.

And discussion of that place is off limits here. As you can see the moderators already erased the name of the pirate store from post #28 and from my quote in #29.

Wise up, Pokemon & ThatOne..
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-03-13 at 01:07 AM.
    2014-03-13 12:33 AM
    Not everyone thinks money is everything.
    He obviously does. Which is why he's thinking of bringing it back. He'll be making more money than ever.
    2014-03-13 01:06 AM
    hear
    Here*

EDIT: FlappyBird is a FREE app therefore you can legally download it from a private/public link. (Not a pirate website) so everyone claiming piracy, there are legitimate uses for .ipa's.
    Last edited by ThatOneProfile; 2014-03-13 at 02:04 AM.
    2014-03-13 01:44 AM
    Here*

EDIT: FlappyBird is a FREE app therefore you can legally download it from a private/public link. (Not a pirate website) so everyone claiming piracy, there are legitimate uses for .ipa's.
    You're still clueless. The issue had zero to do with Flappy Bird as an app or its price.. but rather it was about the original poster praising the place he got it from - which is a pirate factory. How many "free" lighters they offer at the meth lab - doesn't change the fact that it's a meth lab.. Please tell me you can understand that very simple concept... please....
    2014-03-13 02:11 AM
    You're still clueless. The issue had zero to do with Flappy Bird as an app or its price.. but rather it was about the original poster praising the place he got it from - which is a pirate factory. How many "free" lighters they offer at the meth lab - doesn't change the fact that it's a meth lab.. Please tell me you can understand that very simple concept... please....
    I'm not going to reply to you. It's like talking to a brick wall. While a moderator picketed through my post (thanks blkcadi) about listing a piracy website, I fully get the frustration with piracy. In this case, MY original post did come across as I support it, which I don't.
    2014-03-13 02:19 AM
    a moderator picketed through my post (thanks blkcadi) about listing a piracy website, I fully get the frustration with piracy. In this case, MY original post did come across as I support it, which I don't.
    Thank you.
    2014-03-13 02:39 AM
    Honestly his was closer. And I don't promote piracy, I actually frown upon it and scold others for doing so. And I don't really see it as wrong to say [those places]. They were all good places for downloading free apps that were discontinued. Yes they have piracy. No I don't promote it. No I don't think their names should be blocked. Yes I think this is being blown out of proportion. No I don't think my 3rd strike will stop me from coming back and arguing this topic.
    Last edited by Orby; 2014-03-13 at 04:40 AM. Reason: It's not wrong but we don't need to pop up in searches for those places?
    2014-03-13 03:16 AM
41 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD